Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 150547 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: Corona virus and your shul
« Reply #2250 on: May 24, 2020, 02:00:41 AM »
Say what?!? I pleaded with them to shut down on Sunday after Purim!!!
Fell on deaf ears...
Was too late by then.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2251 on: May 24, 2020, 02:02:31 AM »
Was too late by then.
And the medical establishment other than one influential doctor was begging them as well at that time. I was on the call.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 24, 2020, 02:03:57 AM »
heard from Monsey that there hasn't been a covid related call in 3 weeks, and Lakewood hasn't had either
1. Ask local doctors about their caseloads before drawing conclusions from Hatzolah calls. People are more cognizant of Covid-19 now and will seek medical treatment before they get to a state of needing Hatzolah (as opposed to Purim-Pesach).

2. Lakewood Hatzolah is still getting respiratory distress calls (e.g. 5 on Thursday), as well as some possible Code 19 calls.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2253 on: May 24, 2020, 02:04:41 AM »
Was too late by then.
Tens of thousands could have been spared then, and dozens of lives saved. Remember- the last day before lockdown is by definition going to be the day with the most infected. Cases were doubling at an alarming rate. Could half have been saved? 3 quarters? That week was so critical
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2254 on: May 24, 2020, 02:06:49 AM »
I guess it boils down to this:
Either you follow the medical and scientific community which has proven to not knowing much about this virus and therefore constant changing guidelines/predictions/models etc...
Or you look at the reality in the Jewish areas of NY and reach your own conclusion.
Now pick your poison..
Here is the PM I just sent you, letís take this back into the open ;)

ďThe no masks was a government move to preserve masks for healthcare workers. Obviously they believed in it or they wouldnít want it for the HC workers- it was a disgusting move but nothing to do with medical. Anyone with brains knew masks were useful just by following their logic.
The surfaces thing is GARBAGE- they said very early in that it lives on surfaces but donít know if infectious. Then early April they said it seems not to be a primary way of transmission. The idiotic media only picked up on that ďscoopĒ this week, but it was clearly on the CDC website since early April as I have pointed out numerous times on the forums.
Most doctors were screaming from the rooftops to shut down ahead of one specific Lakewood doctor. Either way you canít compare what they were saying before they heard of or saw a virus to the knowledge they have after dealing with it- thatís like saying they didnít know about it in November so we shouldnít trust them on it now.

In summary, early on they didnít know much about the virus because they hadnít seen it yet, but they STILL managed to tell us a lot about it. As time went on they obviously learned more and more about it, as you would obviously expect. Regardless, they know a heck of a lot more than the local askan who listened to a Hatzalah scanner for 2 weeks. Either way I donít understand what any of this has to do with our discussion. How can you not understand that one spouse can have it and one spouse canít? Why is it hard to believe at all? Itís basic math. You trust your community more than math?Ē
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 24, 2020, 02:07:14 AM »
Tens of thousands could have been spared then, and dozens of lives saved. Remember- the last day before lockdown is by definition going to be the day with the most infected. Cases were doubling at an alarming rate. Could half have been saved? 3 quarters? That week was so critical
That March 15th interview on Kol Bramah was so, so harmful.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2256 on: May 24, 2020, 02:11:10 AM »
That March 15th interview on Kol Bramah was so, so harmful.
Didnít hear it, but Iím guessing it was with the doctor I was referring to about COVID-19? Do you have a link?

Iím not here to blame any one individual. People can make mistakes. Itís the insistence that the medical establishment is somehow to blame, and therefore we should completely tune them out..
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:03 AM »
Didnít hear it, but Iím guessing it was with the doctor I was referring to about COVID-19? Do you have a link?

Iím not here to blame any one individual. People can make mistakes. Itís the insistence that the medical establishment is somehow to blame, and therefore we should completely tune them out..
https://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2020/03/audio-lakewood-pediatrician-on.html

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2258 on: May 24, 2020, 02:12:27 AM »

Another PM I sent:

Are you kidding me? Even doctors and medicine are deficient in their knowledge (because itís a new virus) so letís disregard them totally and fend for ourselves? What type of loony bin language is that???

At least doctors understand how OTHER viruses spread and about the human body. Doesnít that count for something??
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: Re: So How Was Your Shul This Week?
« Reply #2260 on: May 24, 2020, 02:37:01 AM »
Shuls in Monsey are open for several weeks already, but this was the first week with zero restrictions and packed mikvaos.

Still haven't heard of a single new case bh.

Online good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 24, 2020, 02:54:31 AM »

Most YI's told their congregants that they're still not having any minyanim yet, indoors or outdoors.
I understand all, or none, or half, but how can it be most?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2262 on: May 24, 2020, 02:56:13 AM »
I understand all, or none, or half, but how can it be most?
?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: May 24, 2020, 08:13:22 AM »
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: May 24, 2020, 08:35:53 AM »

Friday night: suprisingly, the olam was behaving. Tables were set up in such a way that there was around 8 feet between people front to back, and, so long as people only sat at either end of the table, just around 6 feet side by side. Sure, some people were a bit closer to others, but overall it was pretty successful and it felt lovely to be back at shul.

Shabbos morning: came to shul early to stake out the spot that worked so great for me yesterday, only to find the shul pretty packed with most people sitting wherever they wanted. Walked right out and davened at home.

Shabbos afternoon: again, came a few minutes early only to find that they moved up the regular davening time and I missed it by an hour. The others who came at this time went all wise-men-of-Chelm and decided to go daven in someone's house instead of staying in the large shul. I davened at home once more.

At all times, I was the absolutely only person wearing a mask. Had me doubt if I'm the crazy one.
Besides this shabbos going to shul and left in middle...
If i may ask , what else do you do the rest of the week? Do you go to work? Shopping? Errands? Staying at home full time ?
Just curious
I haven't seen social distancing neither in Manhattan stores or in bank  when i was there,
walmart or target upstate when i went neither
And masks were so so , NYC masks wearing is very off either in Brooklyn or Manhattan

So i don't see why the fuss to overrate it when it comes to daven to hashem , hahsem sent the מגיפה and took away the מגיפה, time to get back to normal especially davening like a yid.

Btw i am Orlando Florida so minyan was in a house squeezed together about 70 people including kids with a big kiddush after davening , there was no one with masks since in Florida you don't need to wear them
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:54:54 AM by erlich »