Author Topic: Corona virus and your shul  (Read 377652 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus and your shul
« Reply #2480 on: May 24, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »
Here’s another report... where exactly are you getting your “no new cases” information??
Don't distract him with the facts. They need the facts to line up with the pegs they set up.

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Re: Re: So How Was Your Shul This Week?
« Reply #2481 on: May 24, 2020, 06:22:55 PM »
Umm. Are you kidding me? Where do you live???
Monsey u can come for a bbq! Mincha mariv included
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2482 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25:37 PM »
Driving is a risk if u stay home u are guaranteed not to kill anyone in an mva
Ah. So it’s exactly the same thing. Enjoy your kiddush. After all, you’re “fed up” so people’s lives don’t matter anymore.

Actually, it really is: You need to be safe when you get behind the wheel. If not, you’re a murderer. We have strict regulations and you’re responsible for your actions that hurt others.

You need to be safe when dealing with a deadly pandemic. If not, you’re a murderer. We should have strict regulations and you should be responsible for your actions that hurt others.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2483 on: May 24, 2020, 06:27:02 PM »
Monsey u can come for a bbq! Mincha mariv included
And you don’t stay home when you have the flu? (obviously we’re disregarding the facts that it’s not that deadly, not that contagious, and we have a vaccine)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2484 on: May 24, 2020, 06:28:07 PM »
U also sound like Jimmy Kimmel after the Vagas massacre saying that if ur pro gun in this country u dont care about the 50+ people that we're killed

So you would say that where you davened on shabbos they behaved like a bunch of irresponsible gun owners? Versus those shuls which acted like responsible gun owners and followed the restrictions? I like this analogy. Let's run with it. Guns don't kill people; people kill people. Minyanim don't kill yidden; yidden kill yidden. Nice. Good stuff.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2485 on: May 24, 2020, 06:29:23 PM »
I've made this comparison before, if someone drives down the road and kills a individual with 10 kids are u willing to look the yesomim in the eye and say " but it was an acceptable risk"?
??
Part of freedom is making ur own choices whether to take certain risk or not.

Yes I am very willing to tell them that it allowing people to drive is an acceptable risk.
If you are negligent and kill someone in an MVA you’re a murderer who will rot in h*ll
SO yes the person yapping or texting etc. on their cell phone will fit into this.
This is more like texting while driving than just speeding.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:32:27 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 24, 2020, 06:30:41 PM »
Yes I am very willing to tell them that it allowing people to drive is an acceptable risk.
And for me and my age people and the places where i daven ill accept the risk
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 24, 2020, 06:34:11 PM »
Here’s another report... where exactly are you getting your “no new cases” information??

Are you talking transports or calls? The original comment referred to transports.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2488 on: May 24, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »

"Yup! We're country folk. We shoot at random sh!t all the time. Normal round these parts, buddy ro! All y'all city folk with your stupid gun rules... Less people die here from gettin shot than the city! Oh, that? Nah, Bobby din mean nuthin by that. Trigger guard was faulty. Damn regulations."

I'm having flashbacks to a misspent youth.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 24, 2020, 06:41:58 PM »
Symptoms are meaningless. The flu was also going around.
"Meaningful exposure" is meaningless as well.
Proof of antibodies would be more meaningful.
There are medical practitioners who don't believe antibodies to necessarily be the be-all and end-all.

A. Some bodies seem to never produce antibodies to certain diseases no matter the exposure.
E.g. some people (I know personally) don't show immunity to measles no matter how many times they get the MMR (even if they had chicken-pox); same for rubella.

B. As seen here on DDF, some people will show negative to antibodies on one test, but positive on another.

C. A prevailing belief held by some MD's and others in the field in NYC is that if some members of a household had symptoms all during the same time or close to the same time, then all can be presumed to have been exposed.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #2490 on: May 24, 2020, 06:44:21 PM »

Me. I can and do blame them. What the bleep does Cuomo have to do with the way you live your life? He’s not your Rav, he’s not your doctor. Why would you act recklessly because you’re angry at a non Jewish politician???

Just about every rov and doctor has said they're waiting on the government. You yourself have said the same. It's blatantly obvious that we need to open up *safely*.

Even communities that had a leadership consensus to close Shuls early say the same. Even those that say wait 2 weeks until after the government allows it still are waiting for the government to start that clock *now*.

What. Is. Your. Point? How is this a proper attitude towards life as a frum yid??

My point is abundantly clear. So long as the people in charge don't open up safely, people will open up on their own unsafely. It's as clear as day. It's a concept that goes back literally to the beginning of time with Adam and Chava.

Anyone who went to shul in NY with more than 10 people at a time was breaking the rules. Even if you were all masked in a 500 seat shul. The rules are idiotic, clearly not thought out, and with other non essential gatherings like sports being approved, it's going to be impossible to get anyone to buy into following guidelines.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 24, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »
You should be enraged by this. No limits on how many ppl can enter?? Rotzchim!!
There are limits; just not mentioned on this sign that has ADDITIONAL guidelines.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 24, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »
I've made this comparison before, if an impaired driver drives down the road and kills a individual with 10 kids are u willing to look the yesomim in the eye and say it's ok for him to drink and drive again?

FTFY

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 24, 2020, 07:09:46 PM »

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 24, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
More like FTFM
You have quite some gall.

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 24, 2020, 07:45:54 PM »
Until it is screamed from the rooftops with levayos they won't believe it just like purim time.
How many were there right before Purim?
Well they said the exact same thing around Purim time.
What were you saying before Purim?
After seeing how you compare the current situation so many times to Purim, it definitely fits perfectly for Purim.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 24, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »

You have a nice signature. One of those meaningless platitudes no one ever takes seriously but forwards on the meme with the flowery script set against the backdrop of a sunset or a beach. I hope this quote never becomes one of those moments. In the big picture, these times will be a blip in your life's story. Do you want to look back and shake your head at how you overreacted, or would you rather look back with regret because you didn't take it seriously enough? Is there a middle ground? Sure. If you can predict where that is, you're a very special person indeed.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:10 PM »
You have a nice signature. One of those meaningless platitudes no one ever takes seriously but forwards on the meme with the flowery script set against the backdrop of a sunset or a beach. I hope this quote never becomes one of those moments. In the big picture, these times will be a blip in your life's story. Do you want to look back and shake your head at how you overreacted, or would you rather look back with regret because you didn't take it seriously enough? Is there a middle ground? Sure. If you can predict where that is, you're a very special person indeed. -Celebrated Poet L. Urker, The Early Collection, Tales of the Corona Page XXXVII
FTFY

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:46 PM »

Just about every rov and doctor has said they're waiting on the government. You yourself have said the same. It's blatantly obvious that we need to open up *safely*.

Even communities that had a leadership consensus to close Shuls early say the same. Even those that say wait 2 weeks until after the government allows it still are waiting for the government to start that clock *now*.

My point is abundantly clear. So long as the people in charge don't open up safely, people will open up on their own unsafely. It's as clear as day. It's a concept that goes back literally to the beginning of time with Adam and Chava.

Anyone who went to shul in NY with more than 10 people at a time was breaking the rules. Even if you were all masked in a 500 seat shul. The rules are idiotic, clearly not thought out, and with other non essential gatherings like sports being approved, it's going to be impossible to get anyone to buy into following guidelines.

Since we're using bad driving analogies, here's one for you. The speed limits in NYC, specifically in Brooklyn, make no sense. In fact, scientifically, they are counter-intuitive. So because the leadership got it wrong, and people go over 25 MPH all the time, all the rules should go out the window and drunk driving becomes ok? Don't worry, we can just blame it on the inept politicians. Why blame the people for over-reacting in extreme ways that defy logic? It's human nature, as old as Adam and Chava!

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 24, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »
You have a nice signature. One of those meaningless platitudes no one ever takes seriously but forwards on the meme with the flowery script set against the backdrop of a sunset or a beach. I hope this quote never becomes one of those moments. In the big picture, these times will be a blip in your life's story. Do you want to look back and shake your head at how you overreacted, or would you rather look back with regret because you didn't take it seriously enough? Is there a middle ground? Sure. If you can predict where that is, you're a very special person indeed.
Not really sure what u trying to get at, and i dont think this is the place to argue about that, anyone that disagrees with can pm me and im more than happy to have a civil discussion about my opinions...