Author Topic: Myrtle beach Vs. Hilton Head  (Read 1341 times)

Offline jacobz

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Myrtle beach Vs. Hilton Head
« on: March 09, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »
Planning a road trip from NY down to somewhere nice and a bit warmer Mid march. I'm thinking Myrtle beach Vs. Hilton head. anyone with recent travel to these places that can give some feed back which one is better V.s which has more option of kosher food close by?
thank you so much this would be a 5-6 day trip.

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Myrtle beach Vs. Hilton Head
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 07:03:44 PM »
Planning a road trip from NY down to somewhere nice and a bit warmer Mid march. I'm thinking Myrtle beach Vs. Hilton head. anyone with recent travel to these places that can give some feed back which one is better V.s which has more option of kosher food close by?
thank you so much this would be a 5-6 day trip.
Myrtle beach has a kosher restaurant (as of last year), and some kosher items at the local lion. Shul has minyanim daily.

Offline mgoldhammer18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Airlines, Citi thank you, British Avios, Hilton, SPG, AMEX Platinum, Jetblue
Re: Myrtle beach Vs. Hilton Head
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 04:19:11 PM »
Been to both, was actually in Hilton Head this past summer.  Myrtle beach has more shuls and when I went, they had one kosher restaurant that was really good but expensive.  I think the friendlys ice cream and Krispy Cream had hashgachas; not sure if they still do, this was 6 years ago.  Hilton head chabad delivered dinner to me every night I was there, food was fantastic.  Do not have local daily minyanim.  Myrtle beach has small kosher sections in their supermarkets too.  Myrtle beach is also simpler to navigate around, and if you fly to their airport, then everything else is close by.  Hilton head's local airport usually requires a stopover in ATL, otherwise you need to fly to Savannah and drive roughly an hour. 

Savannah is a very nice city to visit.  Hilton Head also has really nice resorts.  Myrtle beach is more of a strip of hotels on the beach, though a lot of them are very nice.

Hope this was helpful