Author Topic: What are we going to do Chol Hamoed??  (Read 53842 times)

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
Re: What are we going to do Chol Hamoed??
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2021, 10:04:35 AM »
Let’s make breakfast, then lunch, we’ll figure it out...
"but there's noooothing to eat...."
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2021, 10:08:53 AM »

Parent: Chol Hamoed trip to the supermarket?

Child: What? Nooooo!

Parent: Okay, we have YomTov leftovers if you’d like instead...

Child: *getting shoes* Let’s go to the supermarket already...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »
Zich?

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:52 AM »

you're lucky, my version is more like this:

If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2021, 11:25:43 AM »

Shoes Went missing 🤔
["-"]

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2021, 12:13:18 PM »
Shoes Went missing 🤔
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find my shoooooooeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2021, 01:32:58 PM »
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find my shoooooooeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you check under your bed, where they belong?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »
Did you check under your bed, where they belong?

Left flip flop, right Ugg, sister’s YomTov shoe, Mommy’s Croc, Tatty’s loafer, and Pesach mock-cheerio...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2021, 09:58:09 PM »
Dear Friends,
This is a very difficult email for me to write. Unfortunately, SeaWorld informed us that they are cancelling all group tickets, including ours,  for tomorrow. The reason that they gave is that they had difficulty enforcing their mask policy amongst the various groups that were in Sea World today. Yeshiva of Miami prides ourselves on our complete transparency and communication when it comes to our customers. We are therefore sharing all the details with you, although it may be too lengthy. Please feel free to skip to the end of this email if you want to!   
There were about 6 groups in Sea World today, all of which were Jewish groups. Our shared experiences were not great.
I have been in touch with quite a number of the participants today and many of them shared that they felt unfairly singled out regarding masks today.
I have had hundreds of pictures sent to me by our SeaWorld guests today showing very flagrant mask violations by many people that were clearly not in our group.
I spent about 4 hours today on the phone with SeaWorld explaining how our guests felt unfairly singled out today, and how this colored their Sea World experience.
I offered alternative ways to make this work. I explained that tomorrow the weather would be cooler and mask wearing would be less challenging.
I offered to them that I would ask each participant to sign a "Mask Contract" and I would offer a full refund to anyone who didn't agree to sign that contract.
I spoke to our attorney who explained that as a private entity, especially during covid, SeaWorld is allowed to make this choice and we don't have much legal recourse.
I literally tried everything. Sea World was not willing to budge.
Therefore, it is with a heavy heart that we are forced to cancel our group trip for tomorrow. We will be giving a full refund to everyone. The refunds will be processed after Pesach. Please be patient because it may take a few days to get to all the refunds.
We realize we are disappointing many people and that you now have to tell your family that your plans for tomorrow have been cancelled. We feel terrible and hope you realize that this literally hurts us more than it hurts you, on many levels. You are welcome to buy tickets directly from Sea World and enter through the main entrance. I will caution you that I have heard from many of today's participants that it was very crowded and that many of the rides that were supposed to be open, were actually closed, leading to unreasonably long lines. Additionally, many of the shows were operating at 25% capacity and unless you were waiting in line for an hour beforehand, you couldn't be guaranteed a seat at the show. In general, people that went today did not seem to have the best experiences, so take this into advisement when deciding if you want to purchase full price tickets for tomorrow.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or anything else. I will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Yeshiva of Miami
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2021, 10:24:02 PM »
Dear Friends,
This is a very difficult email for me to write. Unfortunately, SeaWorld informed us that they are cancelling all group tickets, including ours,  for tomorrow. The reason that they gave is that they had difficulty enforcing their mask policy amongst the various groups that were in Sea World today. Yeshiva of Miami prides ourselves on our complete transparency and communication when it comes to our customers. We are therefore sharing all the details with you, although it may be too lengthy. Please feel free to skip to the end of this email if you want to!   
There were about 6 groups in Sea World today, all of which were Jewish groups. Our shared experiences were not great.
I have been in touch with quite a number of the participants today and many of them shared that they felt unfairly singled out regarding masks today.
I have had hundreds of pictures sent to me by our SeaWorld guests today showing very flagrant mask violations by many people that were clearly not in our group.
I spent about 4 hours today on the phone with SeaWorld explaining how our guests felt unfairly singled out today, and how this colored their Sea World experience.
I offered alternative ways to make this work. I explained that tomorrow the weather would be cooler and mask wearing would be less challenging.
I offered to them that I would ask each participant to sign a "Mask Contract" and I would offer a full refund to anyone who didn't agree to sign that contract.
I spoke to our attorney who explained that as a private entity, especially during covid, SeaWorld is allowed to make this choice and we don't have much legal recourse.
I literally tried everything. Sea World was not willing to budge.
Therefore, it is with a heavy heart that we are forced to cancel our group trip for tomorrow. We will be giving a full refund to everyone. The refunds will be processed after Pesach. Please be patient because it may take a few days to get to all the refunds.
We realize we are disappointing many people and that you now have to tell your family that your plans for tomorrow have been cancelled. We feel terrible and hope you realize that this literally hurts us more than it hurts you, on many levels. You are welcome to buy tickets directly from Sea World and enter through the main entrance. I will caution you that I have heard from many of today's participants that it was very crowded and that many of the rides that were supposed to be open, were actually closed, leading to unreasonably long lines. Additionally, many of the shows were operating at 25% capacity and unless you were waiting in line for an hour beforehand, you couldn't be guaranteed a seat at the show. In general, people that went today did not seem to have the best experiences, so take this into advisement when deciding if you want to purchase full price tickets for tomorrow.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or anything else. I will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Yeshiva of Miami
If they would have done this to the blacks/Asians every company/organization/politician would come out with a hashtag how they are against racism

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2021, 10:25:56 PM »
If they would have done this to the blacks/Asians every company/organization/politician would come out with a hashtag how they are against racism
And we'd have full "Have we gone too far" threads about it.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »
“Forwarded many times”
Bechlal the Jews left Egypt the same way we go on Chol Hamoed trips.
They spoke about it for a year, prepared the night before, somehow were still rushing so much the only food they took was matzah, and despite being up early, only left at noon.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2021, 03:41:53 PM »
“Forwarded many times”
Basically parshas masai

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »
My takeaway from traveling around on chol hamoed: A nekama in Hitler.

Klal Yisrael in the metro is bh growing exponentially. Enough to fill up every single attraction in the tristate area every day. American Dream is packed and 90% Jewish. No wonder they're bankrupt. There are thousands of Jews here alone. Very few goyim. Stores not catering to Jews such as zara etc. are absolutely deserted. Also most Jews just came to stroll around, it seemed.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2021, 07:18:01 PM »
“Forwarded many times”
+People complaining the entire time
+Getting lost along the way
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
“Forwarded many times”
A first for DDF IINM :)
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2021, 08:52:50 PM »
My takeaway from traveling around on chol hamoed: A nekama in Hitler.

Klal Yisrael in the metro is bh growing exponentially. Enough to fill up every single attraction in the tristate area every day. American Dream is packed and 90% Jewish. No wonder they're bankrupt. There are thousands of Jews here alone. Very few goyim. Stores not catering to Jews such as zara etc. are absolutely deserted. Also most Jews just came to stroll around, it seemed.

This has more to do with COVID than Hitler. Bottom line, this mindset is outdated: Hitler is either already avenged (as you say yourself), and we have thus to move on from that survivor mindset (disclaimer: my grandparents are survivors). Or world Jewry numbers are still far below 1939 and we have a long way to go, and no amount of American Dream evidence will change that, so our avenging isn’t working out all that well.

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »
This has more to do with COVID than Hitler. Bottom line, this mindset is outdated: Hitler is either already avenged (as you say yourself), and we have thus to move on from that survivor mindset (disclaimer: my grandparents are survivors). Or world Jewry numbers are still far below 1939 and we have a long way to go, and no amount of American Dream evidence will change that, so our avenging isn’t working out all that well.

You totally misunderstood what I said, to get this response...