Author Topic: state department advises americans not to travel out of country anywhere  (Read 1105 times)

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-3-health-advisory-issue.html

this is one level below the most serious which says do not travel period
If only they were to do this now, but at higher level (mandatory quarantine, not even within-city travel), we would take away the resources for spreading the virus.  Those who had the virus would only be possibly contaminating their small families and they would be treated.  This would buy time until the vaccine comes out and would be more realistic for the health care system to handle.

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
The sentiment here in Israel where I am located is very much in line with @srap .

Just today, I had interactions with three unrelated people that I've never met before, and all three said the same thing: there should be a two-week sabbatical, and it should have been done sooner.  There's no getting around the economic sting, so we should have just taken the plunge and at least benefited from fully minimizing the health consequences.