Poll

What grade do you give Trump so far for his handling of COVID-19?

A
32 (20.4%)
B
23 (14.6%)
C
27 (17.2%)
D
20 (12.7%)
F
39 (24.8%)
F-
16 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Author Topic: What grade do you give Trump so far for his handling of COVID-19?  (Read 44477 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: What grade do you give Trump so far for his handling of COVID-19?
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2020, 08:32:01 PM »
Listen Im not Mr. politics but she asked a stupid question. Why Cant he say that we are doing more testing then everyone else. Why does it bother them? Then he called on the next reporter and she didnt want to ask so he moved on to the next. The Media is really out of line with how they speak to him. At the end of the day he is the president and there should be some sort of respect to him. All these Gotcha questions dont help anyone.... end rant
Really? If you don't act like a president, you don't get treated like one.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #321 on: May 11, 2020, 09:06:33 PM »
You are obsessed with the president. Unhealthy obsessed man!
Hes different, even crazy but man do you go crazy every time he says something.
This is his style, he got voted in for it, dont like it? Vote differently this Nov
Are you replying to what I posted or what you think I posted?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 11, 2020, 09:20:35 PM »
Give me a break. Are you serious? You think he was picking on her because she’s Chinese, and he wouldn’t have said that otherwise?

I’m sorry that’s ridiculous.
...and you claiming everything said about a Jew is anti-Semitic is also ridicules. Sorry I just can't take the double standard any longer.
That’s not hypersensitive it’s blatant anti-Semitism

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2020, 10:40:25 PM »
...and you claiming everything said about a Jew is anti-Semitic is also ridicules. Sorry I just can't take the double standard any longer.
Huh? You’re saying he specifically said that to her because she’s Chinese. He’s literally been laying the blame on China for months, saying things like that at nearly every press conference. Call it racism or whatever you want but it wasn’t specifically aimed at her. What indicated that it was? Because she said so?

That paper, which was referencing a celebration by Orthodox Jews that has been cancelled for COVID in a location which has had no issues, said
There have been times during the pandemic when members of the Hasidic community have ignored orders and large crowds have gathered for certain occasions, so most likely police will be keeping a close watch to make sure that does not happen.

Please find a way that can be construed as anything but blatant anti-Semitism.

Sorry, pointing out and calling out an instance of clear anti-Semitism and juxtaposing it with an instance of not calling out PERCEIVED racism does not make them equal, or me a hypocrite.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2020, 09:37:07 AM »
Huh? You’re saying he specifically said that to her because she’s Chinese. He’s literally been laying the blame on China for months, saying things like that at nearly every press conference. Call it racism or whatever you want but it wasn’t specifically aimed at her. What indicated that it was? Because she said so?
When you are looking at if something is racist you also need to look at the history involved. What I always hear with Trump is he does that to everyone as a defense. You just did it here.
I remember when he blatantly mocked a reporter with a disability. The defense again that time was he does it everyone.

Why should she go go ask China why Trump is making a contest out of this? That makes no sense. Why didn't he just say everyone (MSM) was complaining about our testing and I am letting you know we are now #1 so stop complaining. There was nothing unfair or nasty about the question.

Remember what I posted about this. He acted childish and the media was going to have a field day over a comment that can that can easily be said it was racist. The childish part was walking away mad and not letting the next women reporter ask here question after he already called on her. The comment he made that could easily be taken as racist speaks for itself. Now what part of anything did I say was "ridicules" as you put it?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2020, 09:44:23 AM »
Please find a way that can be construed as anything but blatant anti-Semitism.
That the statement is accurate based on what members have been reporting here. They have reported issues with funerals, weddings and prayer.

Now I am not saying it wasn't anti-Semitic. What I am saying is you see one side as 100% one way and another side 100% the other way. Yes the 100% figure is an exaggeration to make a point. I call that a double standard.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2020, 09:58:36 AM »
When you are looking at if something is racist you also need to look at the history involved. What I always hear with Trump is he does that to everyone as a defense. You just did it here.
I remember when he blatantly mocked a reporter with a disability. The defense again that time was he does it everyone.

Why should she go go ask China why Trump is making a contest out of this? That makes no sense. Why didn't he just say everyone (MSM) was complaining about our testing and I am letting you know we are now #1 so stop complaining. There was nothing unfair or nasty about the question.

Remember what I posted about this. He acted childish and the media was going to have a field day over a comment that can that can easily be said it was racist. The childish part was walking away mad and not letting the next women reporter ask here question after he already called on her. The comment he made that could easily be taken as racist speaks for itself. Now what part of anything did I say was "ridicules" as you put it?
You said it was easy to say it was racist. It’s easy to say anything but any racism in that picture would need to be projected based on preconceptions, because there was nothing inherently racist.

The question she asked was absolutely rude and ridiculous to begin with, if you’re asking why he answered like that instead of with a proper answer. Also, he’s childish and rude.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2020, 10:04:12 AM »
That the statement is accurate based on what members have been reporting here. They have reported issues with funerals, weddings and prayer.

Now I am not saying it wasn't anti-Semitic. What I am saying is you see one side as 100% one way and another side 100% the other way. Yes the 100% figure is an exaggeration to make a point. I call that a double standard.
The clear inference from that article, without needing any broader contexts, was that Orthodox Jews as a demographic have trouble complying and need police to make sure they’re not making trouble. That is inherently virulently racist no matter what minority they would be referring to.

What does that mean, statement is accurate? Nobody said it’s not accurate that some Jews haven’t complied. So again, as with any demographic, if a minority elsewhere were non compliant can they say “Previously blacks/Hispanics/Muslims have ignored orders and gathered so police will be keeping a close watch to make sure it doesn’t happen again”? No, that statement is inherently racist with no context needed whatsoever.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2020, 10:06:11 AM »
You said it was easy to say it was racist. It’s easy to say anything but any racism in that picture would need to be projected based on preconceptions, because there was nothing inherently racist.
The reason it was easy for it to say it was racist is because of his past history of his comments. Did you already forget about his "Chinese Virus" comment that he no longer uses. He never backs down from using anything but he even realized how blatant racist his comment was and stopped.

Why was her question ridiculous? It was accurate, no? You use deaths all the time on this forum to make your point, she can't?

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2020, 10:09:52 AM »
The reason it was easy for it to say it was racist is because of his past history of his comments. Did you already forget about his "Chinese Virus" comment that he no longer uses. He never backs down from using anything but he even realized how blatant racist his comment was and stopped.

Why was her question ridiculous? It was accurate, no? You use deaths all the time on this forum to make your point, she can't?
She asked him why it was a positive that he’s testing more than other countries when he also has lots of deaths. What on earth does that even mean?

“You always talk about how great your daughter is, but don’t you also have a cousin who’s a murderer? So why do you talk about your daughter?”

ETA: Pretty ironic since when he wasn’t doing enough testing, that’s all they ever seemed to ask him about

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2020, 10:11:39 AM »
The clear inference from that article, without needing any broader contexts, was that Orthodox Jews as a demographic have trouble complying and need police to make sure they’re not making trouble. That is inherently virulently racist no matter what minority they would be referring to.

What does that mean, statement is accurate? Nobody said it’s not accurate that some Jews haven’t complied. So again, as with any demographic, if a minority elsewhere were non compliant can they say “Previously blacks/Hispanics/Muslims have ignored orders and gathered so police will be keeping a close watch to make sure it doesn’t happen again”? No, that statement is inherently racist with no context needed whatsoever.
I don't want to go 100 pages on this. We both made our points.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »

He didn’t stop because it was inherently racist, he stopped because President Xi asked him to stop and he probably noticed that there was a rise in attacks against Asians and wanted to prevent that.

We’ve been down this road.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »
I don't want to go 100 pages on this.
It’s a little late for that..  ;)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2020, 10:16:30 AM »
She asked him why it was a positive that he’s testing more than other countries when he also has lots of deaths. What on earth does that even mean?
Maybe you don't understand what it means because that isn't what she asked.  ;)
She asked why is he making testing a global competition when we have so many dying here? An accurate fair question.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2020, 10:17:43 AM »
She asked why is he making testing a global competition when we have so many dying here? An accurate fair question.
How about, she made testing a global competition to bash the US when very few were dying here?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2020, 10:19:26 AM »
...he probably noticed that there was a rise in attacks against Asians and wanted to prevent that.
Interesting that you mention that. He was asked that and took no responsibility for his comment having a rise in attacks against Asians.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2020, 10:19:58 AM »
One has nothing to do with the other. He was touting his success in testing capacity as part of his talking points despite having been vilified for that early on. He also mentioned the high death tolls dozens of times, was she sleeping through that part? Again, what does one have to do with the other? Juxtaposing them was just a novel way to try and attack him.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2020, 10:21:27 AM »
Interesting that you mention that. He was asked that and took no responsibility for his comment having a rise in attacks against Asians.
He might not have admitted it but there is a good chance it had to do with him stopping. That does NOT make it inherently racist.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »
How about, she made testing a global competition to bash the US when very few were dying here?
That is very possible but that has nothing to do with Trumps comment. All he had to do was say the following instead of reinforcing the belief that many have of him being a racist.
Why didn't he just say everyone (MSM) was complaining about our testing and I am letting you know we are now #1 so stop complaining. There was nothing unfair or nasty about the question.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2020, 10:25:29 AM »
That is very possible but that has nothing to do with Trumps comment. All he had to do was say the following instead of reinforcing the belief that many have of him being a racist.
She attacked him. He defended himself. He could have chosen the more peaceful to route but he is an aggressive combative guy. Because other people perceive him as racist doesn’t mean he needs to act in any way to rob them of that illusion, they will find another way to pin the label on him. Did you see how they ran the impeachment?