Topic Wiki

DansDeals.com Post on BA Awards:

-Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know About British Airways Avios: Tips, Tricks, And Advice ... Latest update-June 11 '15
-22 Things To Keep In Mind When Using Avios
-British Airways Avios Knowledgebase, A Collection Of Tips For Using Your BA Avios
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Chicago
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Los Angeles
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Miami
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From NYC
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Philadelphia
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Dallas
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Johannesburg
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Baltimore/Washington D.C.
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Montreal, Toronto, Denver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, S. Francisco, And 6 Ohio Airports

Other BA Avios Threads:

BA.com Award Search Help Master Thread
Chase BA Credit Card
Canceling BA reservation

BA Worldwide Call Center Telephone Numbers
Hong Kong is open 9am - 5:30pm  their time is 12 hrs ahead of NY

Worldwide service center telephone numbers according to eastern time, Credit DDMS

Location                            Phone#                   Opening Time                           
US800-452-12017:30am-8pm EDT
Singapore+65-6823-20959pm-5:30am EDT
China+86 400 881 02079:00 PM-5:30 AM
Israel+972-3-606-15152am-9am EDT
Germany+49 (0)421 55 75 76 73:00 AM - 12:00 PM
UK+44-191-490-79012:30am-3pm EDT

Note that all sAAver flights available on AA.com are able to be booked on BA.  When there are many flights on one day, they may not all be listed on BA.com.  So you will have to call to book it.  Get the phone fee waved because it wasn't able to be booked on line.

NOTE: Household accounts will not allow transfers from Iberia to BA. Make sure you don't have a household account, and if you do, split it up.

NOTE: When booking, erase your Avios number when entering your passenger information. This will make it much simpler to add your AA Advantage number at a later time.
« Last edited by username on April 14, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »

Author Topic: BA Avios question(s)  (Read 1112095 times)

Offline high end hobo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: BA Avios question(s)
« Reply #5180 on: July 20, 2017, 11:02:11 PM »
It upsets me that people like Dan will push me to use his 100K links for the BA card saying how useful avios can be, but then when the points can't be used by us, fails to make a blog post and/or tweet to put pressure on BA/AA

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: July 20, 2017, 11:03:57 PM »
It upsets me that people like Dan will push me to use his 100K links for the BA card saying how useful avios can be, but then when the points can't be used by us, fails to make a blog post and/or tweet to put pressure on BA/AA
Seriously?! Pfshh.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: July 20, 2017, 11:05:11 PM »
In all fairness he was in Rome this week from what we can tell. So spot him some slack.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: July 20, 2017, 11:12:43 PM »
In all fairness he was in Rome this week from what we can tell. So spot him some slack.
Exactly. A man needs a vacation sometimes. In addition, I'm not sure how many other blogs, or the like, you've seen, but what Dan does is hardly "pushing." You were informed that it is a good card, with good redemption opportunities, and now those are temporarily disabled. What did you pay him that he owes you? It costs you nothing to use the link, and in return you get helpful information. If you're so upset, send some anger this way 👉 tips@thepointsguy.com

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5184 on: July 20, 2017, 11:14:59 PM »
did you use his link?

Offline high end hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: July 20, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »
Exactly. A man needs a vacation sometimes. In addition, I'm not sure how many other blogs, or the like, you've seen, but what Dan does is hardly "pushing." You were informed that it is a good card, with good redemption opportunities, and now those are temporarily disabled. What did you pay him that he owes you? It costs you nothing to use the link, and in return you get helpful information. If you're so upset, send some anger this way 👉 tips@thepointsguy.com
Guy is on vacation, this issues has been going on for days, it only takes a couple minutes to churn out a short post about the issue. TPG wrote about it. Kudos to him.
did you use his link?
Yes! Many times for me and my spouse, and I encourage others to use his links

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
BA Avios question(s)
« Reply #5186 on: July 20, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »
Exactly. A man needs a vacation sometimes. In addition, I'm not sure how many other blogs, or the like, you've seen, but what Dan does is hardly "pushing." You were informed that it is a good card, with good redemption opportunities, and now those are temporarily disabled. What did you pay him that he owes you? It costs you nothing to use the link, and in return you get helpful information. If you're so upset, send some anger this way tips@thepointsguy.com
I do agree that Dan is definitely on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to pushing links. At the same time, I also think there is a responsibility to put out at least one post pushing pretty hard on BA to fix this problem. We've already seen the power that DD has to change things and I think it's fair to expect that if you're going to be making a living doing this, you have a responsibility to stand up for those of us without a voice that will be heard by these companies. To be fair, I think Dan does a pretty good job with this in general, I'm not sure why he's been relatively silent about this. (I also think other blogs like TPG, OMAAT, etc. have the same responsibility.)
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline high end hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: July 20, 2017, 11:22:11 PM »
I do agree that Dan is definitely on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to pushing links. At the same time, I also think there is a responsibility to put out at least one post pushing pretty hard on BA to fix this problem. We've already seen the power that DD has to change things and I think it's fair to expect that if you're going to be making a living doing this, you have a responsibility to stand up for those of us without a voice that will be heard by these companies. To be fair, I think Dan does a pretty good job with this in general, I'm not sure why he's been relatively silent about this. (I also think other blogs like TPG, OMAAT, etc. have the same responsibility and it's frustrating to see them not pushing for this to get fixed.)
I have no problem with Dan pushing links and outlawing referrals. I am loyal to his blog, my fustration is that he is silent, he hates AA and this is a good opportunity to pounce. TPG and OMAAT have written about this on day one!

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5188 on: July 20, 2017, 11:22:33 PM »
Guy is on vacation, this issues has been going on for days, it only takes a couple minutes to churn out a short post about the issue. TPG wrote about it. Kudos to him. Yes! Many times for me and my spouse, and I encourage others to use his links
im sure he will come out with something give him a chance.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: July 20, 2017, 11:23:23 PM »
I have no problem with Dan pushing links and outlawing referrals. I am loyal to his blog, my fustration is that he is silent, he hates AA and this is a good opportunity to pounce. TPG and OMAAT have written about this on day one!
if they couldn't get anything done. I doubt dans post would help

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5190 on: July 20, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »
I have no problem with Dan pushing links and outlawing referrals.
I don't either, it's the price we pay for good content, I use Dan's links when I can as well. I was actually complimenting Dan on the reasonable amount of link pushing that he does unlike some other blogs (cough, TPG, cough.)
I am loyal to his blog, my fustration is that he is silent, he hates AA and this is a good opportunity to pounce. TPG and OMAAT have written about this on day one!
Yes, I edited the end of my post, i know that they both posted about it. (I do think they should still be pushing harder given their power and size of their audience)
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: July 21, 2017, 01:10:47 AM »
Theyre focusing on AA availability missing and not on the global Avios issue. It must be Avios because IB is doen too.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: July 21, 2017, 01:13:34 AM »
Theyre focusing on AA availability missing and not on the global Avios issue. It must be Avios because IB is doen too.
IB was fine Tuesday and Wednesday.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: July 21, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »
IB was fine Tuesday and Wednesday.
And today is friday...

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #5194 on: July 21, 2017, 10:00:17 AM »
"Even if you miles do expire BA is very good about reinstating them for free and giving you 3 months to get some activity to keep them alive for at least another 36 months after that."

from dans article, first link in wiki. Good luck, and please report back!
I'm on the phone for the second time. They're refusing to give me back the mileage. They said it expired and you can't get it back. Any other options?

They just connected me to another person who said she'll try to do something and I should watch my account for the next 7 days. Then I need to do some transaction. I'm hoping this works.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:08:40 AM by Mutty »
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline shwarmabob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: July 21, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »
I'm on the phone for the second time. They're refusing to give me back the mileage. They said it expired and you can't get it back. Any other options?

They just connected me to another person who said she'll try to do something and I should watch my account for the next 7 days. Then I need to do some transaction. I'm hoping this works.
Buy a car rental receipt from someone and credit it to your account. there is a thread for that here

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: July 21, 2017, 11:11:58 AM »
And today is friday...
If IB was working when BA was not it can't be that it's definitely an avios thing.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5197 on: July 21, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »
Holy moly. I go on vacation for a week and people lose their minds. Nothing takes a few minutes. A well written post takes hours to write and edit.

OMAAT has a staff of 6+, TPG has 24+. I'm one man if you haven't noticed. And I can't even remember the last time I shilled the BA 100K offer compared to daily for those guys.

What do you want me to add at this point anyway? If it's on TPG then they know about it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: July 21, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »
Holy moly. I go on vacation for a week and people lose their minds. Nothing takes a few minutes. A well written post takes hours to write and edit.

OMAAT has a staff of 6+, TPG has 24+. I'm one man if you haven't noticed. And I can't even remember the last time I shilled the BA 100K offer compared to daily for those guys.

What do you want me to add at this point anyway? If it's on TPG then they know about it.
Please stop taking vacations.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: July 21, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »
People still read TPG?