Topic Wiki

DansDeals.com Post on BA Awards:

-Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know About British Airways Avios: Tips, Tricks, And Advice ... Latest update-June 11 '15
-22 Things To Keep In Mind When Using Avios
-British Airways Avios Knowledgebase, A Collection Of Tips For Using Your BA Avios
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Chicago
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Los Angeles
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Miami
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From NYC
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Philadelphia
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Dallas
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Johannesburg
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Baltimore/Washington D.C.
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Montreal, Toronto, Denver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, S. Francisco, And 6 Ohio Airports

Other BA Avios Threads:

BA.com Award Search Help Master Thread
Chase BA Credit Card
Canceling BA reservation

BA Worldwide Call Center Telephone Numbers
Hong Kong is open 9am - 5:30pm  their time is 12 hrs ahead of NY

Worldwide service center telephone numbers according to eastern time, Credit DDMS

Location                            Phone#                   Opening Time                           
US800-452-12017:30am-8pm EDT
Singapore+65-6823-20959pm-5:30am EDT
China+86 400 881 02079:00 PM-5:30 AM
Israel+972-3-606-15152am-9am EDT
Germany+49 (0)421 55 75 76 73:00 AM - 12:00 PM
UK+44-191-490-79012:30am-3pm EDT

Note that all sAAver flights available on AA.com are able to be booked on BA.  When there are many flights on one day, they may not all be listed on BA.com.  So you will have to call to book it.  Get the phone fee waved because it wasn't able to be booked on line.

NOTE: Household accounts will not allow transfers from Iberia to BA. Make sure you don't have a household account, and if you do, split it up.

NOTE: When booking, erase your Avios number when entering your passenger information. This will make it much simpler to add your AA Advantage number at a later time.
« Last edited by username on April 14, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »

Author Topic: BA Avios question(s)  (Read 1112589 times)

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: BA Avios question(s)
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »
Looking to book a ticket thru BA on AA for next April, taxes are over 40 dollars so for myself and my wife would be 80 to cancel.

Does BA allow any changes to the itinerary if something comes up? Also what should I do if I have no clue at this point if I will take along my baby, taxes are 30 dollars and it's 2k BA points (flight is international.
Change fee I believe (on mobile) is $40.

As far as the infant, I would just book and not take the risk. Some have said you can get away with the 2k Avios if you just wait till the airport. I wouldn't risk it.

Offline Fan of Dan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 20, 2013, 11:17:44 PM »
Thanks. I never booked so far in advance before (april 2014), but with a relatively cheap redeposit policy, and the tickets avail exactly when I think I will need them, I'm thinking it's worth the 80 dollar risk to guarantee the trip if I can take it.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #602 on: June 21, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »
Thanks. I never booked so far in advance before (april 2014), but with a relatively cheap redeposit policy, and the tickets avail exactly when I think I will need them, I'm thinking it's worth the 80 dollar risk to guarantee the trip if I can take it.

Indeed it is. I would go for it if I were you.

Offline Redbull3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #603 on: June 21, 2013, 06:24:09 AM »

+1 I'm the same way; sometimes peace of mind is worth a lot.

Offline mo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 21, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »
I made some small tickets for 3-4 friends as a favor, and got this message, and almost 200,000 points was taken away from my account,

"In line with all major companies which operate a financial rewards and incentives scheme, British Airways constantly reviews transactions on its Executive Club members’ database.  This is to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the programme and to protect our members from any activity, which could be considered unusual.
Our records indicate that tickets in the names of various third parties have been redeemed from your Executive Club account between xxxx and xxxxx.  This pattern of activity is high when compared to the average redemption rates on Executive Club membership accounts.
I realise that there may be a reasonable explanation for this, but in case you are not aware, trading of Avios Points amounts to a contravention of Clause 19 of the Executive Club Terms and Conditions (Non Transferability Of Mileage), a copy of which can be found on the British Airways website: http://www.ba.com.
In order to bring the review of your account to a swift conclusion, I would be grateful if you would provide confirmation that redemption bookings made on your account have been made in accordance with the Executive Club Terms and Conditions.  Please reply to me at the address below, by xxxx.
In the meantime, until we can resolve this, I have regrettably had to suspend your account which means you will not be able to redeem your Avios on flights.
If you have any questions about any of this or require more information please do not hesitate to contact me in writing at the above address.
Best regards"

what do i do now? do someone have some experience how to handle this?

Offline Ez

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »
Was your CC used to pay the taxes and fees?

Offline mo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 21, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
Was your CC used to pay the taxes and fees?
Yes

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 21, 2013, 12:16:43 PM »
How many pax did you book?

And in what time frame?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #608 on: June 21, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »
I don't get the question -- if you didn't sell mileage tickets, but only "did them a favor" (which to me means for free), then tell them that. Giving away tickets isn't against the T&C of EC.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mnscout

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:22 AM »

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »
+1 I'm the same way; sometimes peace of mind is worth a lot.
Indeed it is. I would go for it if I were you.
Booked! It's such a cool feeling  :) Even booked a car at a great rate so early.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #611 on: June 23, 2013, 05:06:54 AM »
Booked! It's such a cool feeling  :) Even booked a car at a great rate so early.

Ah, the joys of EOS booking. :)

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #612 on: June 23, 2013, 06:04:36 AM »
Ah, the joys of EOS booking. :)

Hmmm EOS?
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 23, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »

Offline steves

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28:31 PM »
If I book a short haul flight with avios, will I (and the three other passengers on my ticket) get a free bag?

Offline tripper

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 23, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »
I made some small tickets for 3-4 friends as a favor, and got this message, and almost 200,000 points was taken away from my account,

"In line with all major companies which operate a financial rewards and incentives scheme, British Airways constantly reviews transactions on its Executive Club members’ database.  This is to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the programme and to protect our members from any activity, which could be considered unusual.
Our records indicate that tickets in the names of various third parties have been redeemed from your Executive Club account between xxxx and xxxxx.  This pattern of activity is high when compared to the average redemption rates on Executive Club membership accounts.
I realise that there may be a reasonable explanation for this, but in case you are not aware, trading of Avios Points amounts to a contravention of Clause 19 of the Executive Club Terms and Conditions (Non Transferability Of Mileage), a copy of which can be found on the British Airways website: http://www.ba.com.
In order to bring the review of your account to a swift conclusion, I would be grateful if you would provide confirmation that redemption bookings made on your account have been made in accordance with the Executive Club Terms and Conditions.  Please reply to me at the address below, by xxxx.
In the meantime, until we can resolve this, I have regrettably had to suspend your account which means you will not be able to redeem your Avios on flights.
If you have any questions about any of this or require more information please do not hesitate to contact me in writing at the above address.
Best regards"

what do i do now? do someone have some experience how to handle this?
If those friends had other friends also book them "free" tickets it will be very hard to convince BA that no one got paid. If they never flew on others accounts, a nice clear letter explaining that you were not paid signed by the passengers and notarized by a lawyer should do the trick. Good Luck.

Offline robi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 24, 2013, 12:26:14 AM »
If I book a short haul flight with avios, will I (and the three other passengers on my ticket) get a free bag?
do you have any status? If not, then no
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 24, 2013, 12:27:42 AM »
do you have any status? If not, then no

YMMV

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2013, 12:29:46 AM »
Why does everyone think you get free bags with avios tickets? everyone has been asking me that lately!

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2013, 12:34:22 AM »
Why does everyone think you get free bags with avios tickets? everyone has been asking me that lately!

Because Avios bookings come up as priority on the BP. Asking nice the counter person, would usually get it for you.