Author Topic: Chizuk During Covid-19  (Read 14078 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Chizuk During Covid-19
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2020, 06:54:33 PM »
Rav Ephraim Wachsman's annual pre-Shavuos shmuess.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2020, 12:25:52 AM »
Rav Ephraim Wachsman's annual Erev Yom Kippur drasha is now available via Torah Anytime: https://www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?a=125502 (audio only)

Didn't listen yet, but it's usually a really powerful shmuess, and I look forward to hearing his perspective on COVID.

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2021, 11:51:15 AM »
For lack of a better place:

ATTENTION ALL JEWISH WOMEN!

The item below was submitted by a fellow Halacha For Today Reader.
Please Participate! Please spread to all your friends!

I wrote up the text below a few days ago - and never would've believed what happened after that....

continue on and make sure to open the link attached at the bottom to see for yourself...

There was a discussion on an email chat which I was a part of talking about the constant waves and lockdowns going on now very heavily in E"Y - but also all around the world and in many, many Yiddishe communities. If the actual virus of COVID per se isn't necessarily inconveniencing every individual's day-to-day life right now - but the hundreds of Yidden that are suffering from effects of it - be it emotional, physical, financial, or in any other shape or form - Klal Yisroel as a unit is having it hard.

The discussion then moved to trying to do something that shows Hashem that we understand that He's behind it all, He's in control of it all, and He alone will remove it. Suggestions were offered - but personally, I felt that it was too much, too big, and very unsustainable.

Today, I wrote the following email and things just evolved from there. I invite you to join and to encourage the people around you and those with whom you have contact to join as well. It's so small - yet so gigantic!

This is the text:

You know something? I was thinking about the discussion yesterday about the tight situations that many are finding themselves in. On the thread - a point was brought up in regard to taking on Shabbos 10 minutes earlier as a zechus for Klal Yisroel - all the Cholim & the hardship in many areas. Hashem does want something of us! That much is quite clear! As Nashim Tzidkanios - we know that it was in our zechus that Klal Yisroel was redeemed in Mitzrayim and now again - it will be us - the Nashim Tzidkanios that "get it" who will enable the Geula Shelaima to take place.

Personally, when it comes to doing something - there isn't one size fits all. Not everyone and their circumstances has the ability to take on Shabbos earlier... Not everyone and their circumstances has the ability to cut their Shaitels... Not everyone and their circumstances has the ability to dispose of technology... Not everyone and their circumstances has the ability to .... But everyone does have the ability to do SOMETHING!

AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL!

Iyov was punished harshly because he kept silent. Silence is the worst. Hashem is shouting for our attention. We have to give it to Him. Each individual in whichever capacity they are capable, in whichever level they up to, in whichever area they are comfortable. Look through the 613 Mitzvohs or the Al Cheit which we say on Yom Kippur for ideas of where even the tiniest improvement can be done.

Another thing that I always find effective - when something is written - it is more concrete. Therefore, I attached this shared excel spreadsheet where we can write down the ideas which we have and really stick to what we say.

Of course - no names should be posted - unless you'd like to....

I'm no holier than thou girl or anything of the like. I just can't watch things and know that we have the power to effect change - and not do something about it.

So I am And hoping that so are you.

Whether or not this takes off - I've tried.

After this email went out and the spreadsheet began filling - I sent the following:

If you can comprehend the Kiddush Sheim Shamayim that is surely taking place - let me know because I surely cannot....!!

From the tiniest effort to the most exerted - Hashem promises infinite reward! And we know that when HKB"H repays - HE REPAYS!!!

Simply in awe of what the few are doing to combat a situation that is bigger than you and I! May Hashem bentch us all in the most revealed and joyous ways!

Keep going - Nashim Tzidkanios! It's a badge of honor to be a part and to know that somehow or another we are responding in the way that brings Hashem true Nachas Ruach!

Can't help but feel privileged to be a part of a special Klal Yisroel!

Join!

Just join!

Just a small tiny something!

We are part of something much greater!

Tizku L'Mitzvohs!

Kindly share and forward.

Hadassa

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YJqo5mh1fqWCCeoWPdSUXZ-yEDSbdz4xAJiJ0VWcV3A/edit#gid=0

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLYJzFDHsCx/?igshid=l51x38ezwjtw

For those that can't access instagram: https://bit.ly/3tb7FxB  (although this is still hosted on instagram so it may still not work for you)

For those that prefer to read it: https://mishpacha.com/a-nishmas-moment/

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2021, 12:25:31 AM »
Rav Ephraim Wachsman's annual pre-Shavuos shmuess.
Here's the audio to this year's drosho. I recorded it off Chazak Inspiration Line, so I don't know if there is a copyright issue, although a rov once told me that I am allowed to record and share something that is available for the public.

Part 1 - the speech
Part 2 - the song

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2021, 08:34:41 AM »
Here's the audio to this year's drosho. I recorded it off Chazak Inspiration Line, so I don't know if there is a copyright issue, although a rov once told me that I am allowed to record and share something that is available for the public.

Part 1 - the speech
Part 2 - the song
This has no been posted on Hefkervelt

https://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2021/05/audio-rav-ephraim-wachsman-song-for.html

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2022, 05:51:12 PM »

Part 1 - the speech
Part 2 - the song
This has now been posted on Hefkervelt

https://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2021/05/audio-rav-ephraim-wachsman-song-for.html
This year's song

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P_PuTBQlEGfFo08gmtuzS_srNjONbXUj/view?usp=sharing

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile