Author Topic: Transferring whatsapp to new phone error  (Read 832 times)

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Transferring whatsapp to new phone error
« on: April 03, 2020, 07:56:52 AM »
Just wondering is it common to transfer whatsapp when getting a new phone?

As im getting an error , the restoration gets stuck at 39 or 41 % etc and then it says messages cannot be restored, anyone know a way around this? It's from android to android. I'm wondering if to just forgo transferring..

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Re: Transferring whatsapp to new phone error
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 09:42:27 AM »
Just wondering is it common to transfer whatsapp when getting a new phone?

As im getting an error , the restoration gets stuck at 39 or 41 % etc and then it says messages cannot be restored, anyone know a way around this? It's from android to android. I'm wondering if to just forgo transferring..
Last time i transferred WhatsApp to a new phone i lost all chats.  I think my backup wasnt correct or something.  Either way i was so nervous not to have old chats. and here i am alive and well ;)

I think old chats are like hoarding some old school stuff in your attick.  You know there will never be use, but you CAN'T throw things out...
#TYH

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Re: Transferring whatsapp to new phone error
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
Last time i transferred WhatsApp to a new phone i lost all chats.  I think my backup wasnt correct or something.  Either way i was so nervous not to have old chats. and here i am alive and well ;)

I think old chats are like hoarding some old school stuff in your attick.  You know there will never be use, but you CAN'T throw things out...
If you use WA for business it's important to have the old chats