Author Topic: COVID-19 Testing  (Read 18201 times)

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Re: COVID-19 Testing
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 02:23:22 PM »
what about the urgent care centers with tents outside?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2020, 02:25:46 PM »
Who is they?
Most places that are testing.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2020, 02:26:47 PM »
Most places that are testing.
Maybe in NYC.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2020, 02:36:20 PM »
Maybe in NYC.
#4 on that list is almost exactly what I wrote. They are still only releasing 10 tests per private office from Quest and LabCorp.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »
Maybe in NYC.
Are there places besides that? I thought the world ends on the other side of the Verazzano.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »
Are there places besides that? I thought the world ends on the other side of the Verazzano.
paging @TimT to find the classic New Yorker cartoon showing this.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 06:02:55 PM »
With regular flu, after 24 hours of no fever we assume not contagious anymore. What's the rule for COVID19?
Some are saying as little as 24 hours.  Most are saying 48, some are saying 72  hours after fever and symptoms go away, that a person can join society. 
NOT a week.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 06:39:10 PM »
Some are saying as little as 24 hours.  Most are saying 48, some are saying 72  hours after fever and symptoms go away, that a person can join society. 
NOT a week.

Source??
Visibly Jewish

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2020, 06:41:43 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2020, 12:40:14 AM »
That is an off brand test with unconfirmed accuracy.
Not true. They use bio reference who works with the NYS doh
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline The Metzuyan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »
This is a disaster!

NJ has little to no testing available. I have all classic symptoms for Covid-19 and local Dr and urgent care are refusing to test. They are only testing those with symptoms and if patient knows they were exposed to someone with a confirmed case of Covid-19. They said they do not have enough tests to test everyone with symptoms. Dr instructed me to stay indoors until symptom-free for 24 hours and was told that rest of family does not have to isolate.

I personally know many people in Lakewood who over the last 24 hours are coming down with fever and other symptoms, yet are being told by Doctors that there are not enough tests for them. It sounds to me like many many more people have the disease then the official numbers- If they wont test then obviously they wont have positive cases.

The issue is if Doctors are treating this like a regular virus (not quarantining those who had contact with patient, saying they can go out after 24 hours etc vs full quarantine and 14 day isolation) because they are not testing and therefore don't have a positive confirmation then the virus will just keep on spreading like its has been until now. 
"Not everything that is thought should be said...."

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
This is a disaster!

NJ has little to no testing available. I have all classic symptoms for Covid-19 and local Dr and urgent care are refusing to test. They are only testing those with symptoms and if patient knows they were exposed to someone with a confirmed case of Covid-19. They said they do not have enough tests to test everyone with symptoms. Dr instructed me to stay indoors until symptom-free for 24 hours and was told that rest of family does not have to isolate.

I personally know many people in Lakewood who over the last 24 hours are coming down with fever and other symptoms, yet are being told by Doctors that there are not enough tests for them. It sounds to me like many many more people have the disease then the official numbers- If they wont test then obviously they wont have positive cases.

The issue is if Doctors are treating this like a regular virus (not quarantining those who had contact with patient, saying they can go out after 24 hours etc vs full quarantine and 14 day isolation) because they are not testing and therefore don't have a positive confirmation then the virus will just keep on spreading like its has been until now.
Keep in mind, the positive rate in NY is only ~14% (just under 1,400 cases with just over 10k tests as of this morning), while we definitely should get enough tests available, the overwhelming majority of those with "symptoms" do not have COVID-19. Presumably those with symptoms who did not have any known contact have an even lower chance of testing positive.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »
This is a disaster!

For some perspective - NJ completed 338 tests so far in a state of over 9 million. The entire country completed nearly 50k tests total.
Despite being 2.7% of the US population, NJ testing only makes up 0.6% of the total tests, or 4.5x less than the national average.

Source: https://covidtracking.com/data/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:48:56 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2020, 12:41:02 PM »
Keep in mind, the positive rate in NY is only ~14% (just under 1,400 cases with just over 10k tests as of this morning), while we definitely should get enough tests available, the overwhelming majority of those with "symptoms" do not have COVID-19. Presumably those with symptoms who did not have any known contact have an even lower chance of testing positive.

NJ is at 52% :-[
Visibly Jewish

Online cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
Just heard Asisa in BP got back their first batch of cases with over a hundred testing positive.

Online aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2020, 12:46:42 PM »
NJ is at 52% :-[
If the tests are only beiong given to those with known expose and a whole laundry list of symptoms I am shocked it is not close to 100%.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2020, 12:47:16 PM »
around 700 new positives today.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2020, 12:49:53 PM »
This is a disaster!

רפואה שלמה
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline The Metzuyan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2020, 12:50:20 PM »
But how many of those tests are for those who were just exposed to someone who tested positive and is not showing any symptoms? For those with symptoms and who tested negative for strep and flu I would imagine numbers are much higher.
"Not everything that is thought should be said...."