Author Topic: Tzara’as and Coronavius  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Tzara’as and Coronavius
« on: March 17, 2020, 09:58:38 PM »
Some of the comparisons are just uncanny, the most obvious being isolation- hesger which can end up being for a period of 14 days (7+7). A metzorah covers his face (mustache). A metzorah does not join in communal functions. The Parsha of Metzorah (Tazria) is preceded by the prohibition of eating bats and other shekatzim (Emor) etc. etc.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Tzara’as and Coronavius
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 10:26:41 PM »
Some of the comparisons are just uncanny, the most obvious being isolation- hesger which can end up being for a period of 14 days (7+7). A metzorah covers his face (mustache). A metzorah does not join in communal functions. The Parsha of Metzorah (Tazria) is preceded by the prohibition of eating bats and other shekatzim (Emor) etc. etc.
R' Chaim didn't pull lashon harah and rechilos out of thin air. There is lamdus behind it.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 10:55:19 PM »
What is astounding to me is that klal yisroel is experiencing arguably the biggest upheaval of its kind in 2000 years- never have the batei kineisoyos, batei midrashos, and batei sefer been shuttered ACROSS THE GLOBE simultaneously ( there was always המחנה הנשאר לפליטה)- and all everyone is talking about is what to cook for pesach!

HELLO, Hashem is calling out loud and clear; his handiwork is all over this. What the message is is beyond my pay grade but you better believe there is a message and it is not the message that 7.5 billion people on this planet are taking from it. It is a message squarely directed at a tiny nation called Klal Yisroel.

Anybody with brains understands that this has the potential to be a momentous occasion, hopefully an eis ratzon if we are zoche with our tefillos, or Chas veshalom....

Bottom line is we are in a stupor and we had better wake up.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 04:04:20 AM »
What is astounding to me is that klal yisroel is experiencing arguably the biggest upheaval of its kind in 2000 years- never have the batei kineisoyos, batei midrashos, and batei sefer been shuttered ACROSS THE GLOBE simultaneously ( there was always המחנה הנשאר לפליטה)- and all everyone is talking about is what to cook for pesach!

HELLO, Hashem is calling out loud and clear; his handiwork is all over this. What the message is is beyond my pay grade but you better believe there is a message and it is not the message that 7.5 billion people on this planet are taking from it. It is a message squarely directed at a tiny nation called Klal Yisroel.

Anybody with brains understands that this has the potential to be a momentous occasion, hopefully an eis ratzon if we are zoche with our tefillos, or Chas veshalom....

What in the world are you smoking ?

The shulls are still open because what do a few apikorshe doctors know.

Oh my God, isolation for a few weeks is terrible!!

Online stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:20:05 AM »

Exactly! When you stop and think of everything going on it's astounding.

I'm surprised this does not have more activity. What are you rabbonim saying?

I heard 2 points recently:

1) People still talk in shul and perhaps even worse, they sit on their phones for most of the time and even worse some don't even take their airpods out for shemoneh esrei. nebach. So Hashem threw us out of shul  :'(

2) On a better note, this coming Shabbos might be the first Shabbos ever that no one in Israel will be driving. The whole country is at a standstill.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »

2) On a better note, this coming Shabbos might be the first Shabbos ever that no one in Israel will be driving. The whole country is at a standstill.

This point is so amazing and true.

Another point is by making minyanim down to 10 people have stopped talking during davening.

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 08:45:00 AM »
What in the world are you smoking ?

The shulls are still open because what do a few apikorshe doctors know.

Oh my God, isolation for a few weeks is terrible!!
Your point has zero to do with what cmey said.
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 09:15:33 AM »
Your point has zero to do with what cmey said.
Sarcasm bro
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD