Author Topic: How many hours of 'remote' school do your kids have?  (Read 8130 times)

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: How many hours of 'remote' school do your kids have?
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2020, 10:36:16 PM »
My 11th grade daughter starts with davening at 8:35, and has class all day (her regular schedule) until about 4:40 or 4:50.  That includes gym, art, and a computer class for which we now have to buy the Adobe program they are learning.  This coming week, the last few teleconference classes are transitioning to Zoom.  They are required to wear their uniform.

My other kids have significantly less, but probably as much as they can handle of the home-learning format.
44/50, 46/63

Offline RewardsAddict

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2020, 01:15:44 AM »
My 11th grade daughter starts with davening at 8:35, and has class all day (her regular schedule) until about 4:40 or 4:50.  That includes gym, art, and a computer class for which we now have to buy the Adobe program they are learning.  This coming week, the last few teleconference classes are transitioning to Zoom.  They are required to wear their uniform.

My other kids have significantly less, but probably as much as they can handle of the home-learning format.
WOW!!!! Thats the most I have heard so for. Kol hakovod to her school!

Offline DarcheiParent

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2020, 01:26:13 AM »

Wow. That's incredible!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2020, 01:28:42 AM »

I for one am happy that my high school girl had time available to help my wife. Not that the letter from R chain and R Gershon says that even bochurim who need to help at home should learn 2 sedarim instead of 3.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »
I was shocked that my kids school is switching to video, but it seems that parents demanded it so that forced their hand. They still will have a call-in option.

Bottom line is, you have to create the pressure as it won't happen otherwise.

Starts tomorrow.
My 1st and 3rd graders have 80 minutes L"K in the morning and 75 minutes L"C in the afternoon.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
Starts tomorrow.
My 1st and 3rd graders have 80 minutes L"K in the morning and 75 minutes L"C in the afternoon.
Why so little? Once they're doing it, it seems silly not provide a more meaningful amount of time. My 1st and 3rd graders each have most of the morning: 9:30 to 12-12:30 with two ~15 minute breaks sprinkled in. Basically all of the younger grade rebbeim are chassidish from Brooklyn. Many of them are coming in to the yeshiva building and doing their zooms in their empty classrooms. They have a lot less in the afternoon, but that doesn't bother me as much, as it's easier to find things for them to learn for that (Khan Academy, Brain Pop, etc.).