Author Topic: Countries opening up/waiving testing requirement for vaccinated travelers  (Read 1483 times)

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
I thought it can be useful to have a thread where it can all be posted.

Please don’t book trips just based on this list and research it further as rules can change. Another thing is that certain countries might only accept certain results.

What I heard so far:

Iceland, Cyprus, Estonia, Poland, Romania
Waving testing requirement for those vaccinated (unclear if Iceland requires the vaccine to be taken in the EU). EU passport required.

Georgia
Vaccinated people can enter.

Seychelles
Vaccinated people can enter with negative PCR test.

————————
Israel - Greece bubble
Israel and Greece agreed to accept each other’s vaccinated citizen without limits or restrictions.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:09:43 PM by Something Fishy »

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Israel - Greece bubble
Israel and Greece agreed to accept each other’s vaccinated citizen without limits or restrictions.

When does this go into effect?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
When does this go into effect?

I believe as soon as they reopen travel

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
Source for Iceland? I've been following developments there obsessively and never saw anything like this.

They did have an exception for EU residents with a letter of recovery, but that's not what you're talking about here.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Source for Iceland? I've been following developments there obsessively and never saw anything like this.

They did have an exception for EU residents with a letter of recovery, but that's not what you're talking about here.

You’re an EU citizen?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
You’re an EU citizen?

No, which is why I haven't been to Iceland this year.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
It seems they are allowing vaccinated residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland to avoid quarantine upon arrival.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
It seems they are allowing vaccinated residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland to avoid quarantine upon arrival.

Was looking for something more reliable and official than an Irish newspaper...

The official Icelandic Covid website uses a crazy word salad to describe the requirements and is somewhat contradictory (all emphasis mine):

Those who have confirmed with PCR-testing or antibody testing from an EU/EFTA state that they have previously had a COVID-19 infection are exempt from quarantine. All those who present a valid international vaccination certificate for full vaccination with an approved vaccine against COVID-19 are exempt.

But then it says:

Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 or confirmation of previous COVID-19 infection can not exempt individuals from the current travel restrictions. These certificates can only exempt individuals who are already authorised to travel to Iceland from quarantine and testing requirements.

What does that even mean ::).

As far as what's an acceptable vaccine certification, the health ministry lays forth the requirements for

Certificates accepted at the border for exemption of testing:

...which seems to not exempt you from quarantine.

Also interesting is that in addition to the expected EEA/EFTA acceptability, the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine would be accepted from anywhere:

Certificates from the the World Health Organization (WHO) (the International Certificate of Vaccination or the Carte Jaune/Yellow Card) is also accepted for vaccines the WHO has validated. The following is a list of vaccines validated by the WHO (this list is updated as needed):

1. Comirnaty; Pfizer/BioNTech: certificate valid regardless of where vaccination took place.

In short, it would seem that there's a pathway to entry for Americans without testing and quarantine via the Pfizer vaccine. Personaly though I wouldn't be confident enough to get on a plane just yet, based on the confusing language.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
What does that even mean ::).
It seems pretty clear to me. Covid vaccinations, wherever they occurred, exempt one from regulations that apply when coming in, such as testing and quarantine, but do not bypass other entry rules, so a US citizen who is barred from entering Iceland is barred whether they are vaccinated or not, just like they are barred even if they have an previous positive EU covid RTPCR test.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
It seems pretty clear to me. Covid vaccinations, wherever they occurred, exempt one from regulations that apply when coming in, such as testing and quarantine, but do not bypass other entry rules, so a US citizen who is barred from entering Iceland is barred whether they are vaccinated or not, just like they are barred even if they have an previous positive EU covid RTPCR test.

Yes, that makes sense - but doesn't explain the addition of the Pfizer non-EEA/EFTA exception, as those were the only people allowed to enter in the first place.

(Mind you, I'm pretty sure you're right, but the language is so freaking confusing.)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Countries opening up/waiving testing requirement for vaccinated travelers
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 12:05:26 AM »
Yes, that makes sense - but doesn't explain the addition of the Pfizer non-EEA/EFTA exception, as those were the only people allowed to enter in the first place.
One can be an EU citizen and get the Pfizer vaccine in Israel/US. I don't think the language is confusing
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 12:19:46 AM »
One can be an EU citizen and get the Pfizer vaccine in Israel/US. I don't think the language is confusing

I hear that

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 03:04:58 AM »
This was clear to me all along...

But actually thank you @Something Fishy for pointing out that the Pfizer vaccine is good from anywhere as I missed that part. It’s interesting that they only accept pfizer and not Moderna.

I have an EU passport and might be able to get the vaccine in the US but the places I checked all seemed to have moderna. I guess I should look for Pfizer...