Author Topic: Is there any good news in the fight against COVID-19?  (Read 218124 times)

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any good news in the fight against COVID-19?
« Reply #620 on: April 22, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »
Considering the performance of our leadership/policymakers and their divergent priorities, that’s a big ask.
The real problem right here. And that there still are people out there who don't get it. And if we have to have them prepare and obey for a second wave......🤦‍♂️

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 22, 2020, 03:22:32 PM »
And let's not forget that zelenko has always said it has to be given together with zink. This study left out the zink

Who is zelenko other than a doctor ? You make it sound like all the millions of doctors in the world don't know anything.

You do realize that sometimes one can wash the baby out with the bath water.

There are so many issues with covid19 besides lungs, heart, blood clots.

As a doctor told me last night "I know enough to know that no one really knows"

Offline Luvisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline simple26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 22, 2020, 04:51:58 PM »
Who is zelenko other than a doctor ? You make it sound like all the millions of doctors in the world don't know anything.

i don’t think anybody was referring to millions of doctors just to specific studies

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 22, 2020, 04:56:50 PM »

it's not zelenko who came up with it. He just rallied to cut the red tape. I know in some city hospital here they are giving it together with zinc and zpack. Let's see what those studies say
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 22, 2020, 11:20:02 PM »
Ny times So take it with a grain of salt

A vaccine expert says he was removed for questioning hydroxychloroquine.
The doctor who led the federal agency involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday that he was removed from his post after he pressed for rigorous vetting of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug embraced by President Trump as a coronavirus treatment, and that the administration has put “politics and cronyism ahead of science.”

Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and removed as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response. He was given a narrower job at the National Institutes of Health.

In a scorching statement, Dr. Bright assailed the leadership at the health department, saying he was pressured to direct money toward hydroxychloroquine, one of several “potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections” and repeatedly described by the president as a potential “game changer” in the fight against the virus.

I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in his statement. “I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way.”

Doubts about the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the coronavirus and the lack of evidence about the drug’s effectiveness — including some small studies that indicated patients could be harmed — appear to have dampened Mr. Trump’s enthusiasm for it.

But as the seriousness of the pandemic became clear in mid-March, the president seized on anecdotal reports about victims of the coronavirus who recovered quickly after using the drug. Desperate for good news as he watched the death toll climb and the stock market plummet, Mr. Trump could hardly contain his excitement.

In a post on Twitter on March 21, the president urged federal officials to quickly approve the use of hydroxychloroquine with an antibiotic called azithromycin — a combination that he believed could work on the coronavirus

By then, Mr. Trump’s favorite Fox News hosts were echoing his optimism that hydroxychloroquine could be a magic bullet against the virus. A day after meeting in the Oval Office with Laura Ingraham and two doctors promoting the drug as a cure-all, Mr. Trump promoted it from the White House briefing room.

“I’ll say it again: What do you have to lose?” Mr. Trump said on April 4, carefully pronouncing the drug, hydroxychloroquine. His presidential prescription: “Take it.”

Trials, however, suggested the drug might not be as effective as the president hoped. In mid-April, a small trial in Brazil was halted after some patients developed irregular heart rates. Then a study this week of 368 Veterans Affairs patients, which has not been peer-reviewed, found that it did not help patients avoid the need for ventilators, and that the use of the drug alone was associated with an increased risk of death. And this week, a panel of the government’s own experts at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said there was “insufficient data” to recommend taking it to treat symptoms from the virus.

The president no longer talks much about hydroxychloroquine.

Asked at his daily briefing if Dr. Bright had been forced out because he challenged the president’s support for an unproven drug, Mr. Trump said, “Maybe he was and maybe he wasn’t; I don’t know who he is.”

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #627 on: April 22, 2020, 11:32:18 PM »
Ny times So take it with a grain of salt

A vaccine expert says he was removed for questioning hydroxychloroquine.
The doctor who led the federal agency involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday that he was removed from his post after he pressed for rigorous vetting of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug embraced by President Trump as a coronavirus treatment, and that the administration has put “politics and cronyism ahead of science.”

Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and removed as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response. He was given a narrower job at the National Institutes of Health.

In a scorching statement, Dr. Bright assailed the leadership at the health department, saying he was pressured to direct money toward hydroxychloroquine, one of several “potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections” and repeatedly described by the president as a potential “game changer” in the fight against the virus.

I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in his statement. “I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way.”

Doubts about the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the coronavirus and the lack of evidence about the drug’s effectiveness — including some small studies that indicated patients could be harmed — appear to have dampened Mr. Trump’s enthusiasm for it.

But as the seriousness of the pandemic became clear in mid-March, the president seized on anecdotal reports about victims of the coronavirus who recovered quickly after using the drug. Desperate for good news as he watched the death toll climb and the stock market plummet, Mr. Trump could hardly contain his excitement.

In a post on Twitter on March 21, the president urged federal officials to quickly approve the use of hydroxychloroquine with an antibiotic called azithromycin — a combination that he believed could work on the coronavirus

By then, Mr. Trump’s favorite Fox News hosts were echoing his optimism that hydroxychloroquine could be a magic bullet against the virus. A day after meeting in the Oval Office with Laura Ingraham and two doctors promoting the drug as a cure-all, Mr. Trump promoted it from the White House briefing room.

“I’ll say it again: What do you have to lose?” Mr. Trump said on April 4, carefully pronouncing the drug, hydroxychloroquine. His presidential prescription: “Take it.”

Trials, however, suggested the drug might not be as effective as the president hoped. In mid-April, a small trial in Brazil was halted after some patients developed irregular heart rates. Then a study this week of 368 Veterans Affairs patients, which has not been peer-reviewed, found that it did not help patients avoid the need for ventilators, and that the use of the drug alone was associated with an increased risk of death. And this week, a panel of the government’s own experts at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said there was “insufficient data” to recommend taking it to treat symptoms from the virus.

The president no longer talks much about hydroxychloroquine.

Asked at his daily briefing if Dr. Bright had been forced out because he challenged the president’s support for an unproven drug, Mr. Trump said, “Maybe he was and maybe he wasn’t; I don’t know who he is.”
Absolutely no reporting done in this article. He said that.......
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 22, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
Absolutely no reporting done in this article. He said that.......
Indeed. The Politico article got both sides of the story, but I guess the NY Times had to give him something in exchange for the "scoop"

And here goes....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/22/hhs-ousts-vaccine-expert-as-covid-19-threat-grows-201642

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
חסדי ה' after 12+ days on ventilator my wife has!! been extubated

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Jerseysteve

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 24, 2020, 07:08:25 AM »

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #638 on: April 26, 2020, 02:00:32 AM »
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/government-promises-extra-nis-8b-for-small-businesses-self-employed-625780

I have no idea why Litzman has been so vilified here. The country has performed absolutely amazing BH and he needs to resign?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #639 on: April 26, 2020, 02:00:35 AM »
https://boropark24.com/news/boro-park-chapel-goes-from-50-levayas-a-day-to-regular-schedule
BH!!!

Weird question: Shouldn’t they be at lower than normal capacity, if most of those who died were going to die soon anyway? Or is the “regular schedule” still Covid patients?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:05:42 AM by S209 »
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.