Author Topic: Oven advice, is shabbos mode worth it  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Leah613

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Oven advice, is shabbos mode worth it
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »
Myi, I was reading the star k website gusidelems and also was surprised about it saying there u could turn temp up and down on yomtov.
My reply to (sorry not sure who) about not using it to cook  shabos was referring to "there may be more issues on shabos"
Anyway I chose the GE700 model and bh has convection and self clean and shabos mode and cost a discounted 799. I didnt go for the upgrade with 3rd shelf and warming drawer. Who knows.in this matzav whars going to be with economy!

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 12:51:27 PM »
Myi, I was reading the star k website gusidelems and also was surprised about it saying there u could turn temp up and down on yomtov.
My reply to (sorry not sure who) about not using it to cook  shabos was referring to "there may be more issues on shabos"
Anyway I chose the GE700 model and bh has convection and self clean and shabos mode and cost a discounted 799. I didnt go for the upgrade with 3rd shelf and warming drawer. Who knows.in this matzav whars going to be with economy!
Whether or not you can change temperature on Yom OTv is a known machlokes between Rav Heinemann who is matir and Rav Belsky ZTL and YBLC Rav Shlomo Miller who feel it is assur.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ltttc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »
I heat my oven to the max just before Shabbos, stick the hot food in, and then turn it off. The soup is piping hot even on a winter Friday where it could easily be 3 hours from shut off until consumption.
Your pot lid has to be able to handle that level of heat though (mine doesn't)