Author Topic: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus  (Read 87458 times)

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile

Offline flyingace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
https://matzav.com/anti-semitism-alive-and-well-in-lakewood-even-in-a-world-crisis/
I take exception to the headline "even" in a world crisis. Unfortunately history has shown that antisemitism rears its ugly head
"especially" during a crisis.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2020, 02:52:06 PM »

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2020, 10:20:42 PM »
Kurt Siegelin issued an apology: https://www.facebook.com/129592623729835/posts/im-going-to-start-by-apologizing-to-the-people-of-lakewood-in-vetting-a-story-i-/2951479658207770/

I'll post the whole thing in case someone can't access.
This News 12 reporter just posted a long update on Facebook. Really worth the read. He writes how he looked into the whole school bus thing. He criticizes the prosecutor and a lot more. Here's a link, and I'll post the whole thing.
https://www.facebook.com/kurtnews12/posts/2956048467750889?__tn__=K-R

The school buses were on the road again today in Lakewood and Toms River. No kids this time, just adults. There were new signs in the windows and banners on the side. Inside, row after row of boxes of food. The delivery of the free and reduced lunch meals to Jewish students continues unabated. And so do the police stops. Two more buses were pulled over before dawn this morning as part of an ongoing Ocean County Prosecutor's Office investigation. Authorities continue to look for evidence of an open school in Lakewood. They've found nothing. They have only random videos of meal delivery buses and too much speculation from residents and those with other motivations about what the Jewish community is up to.

This morning we got the news of a funeral gathering in Lakewood. It seems, like Newark, the news about social distancing infractions originate daily from here. In fairness, these infractions should only condemn the indiviudals responsible. Somehow in Lakewood, it seems the entire Jewish community is indicted with each announcement.

Listen, we're in a pandemic. None of us have ever dealt with this. Unconventional measures are being taken everywhere. In Lakewood and Toms River, school buses are on the road delivering meals. Maybe it's as simple as there was no public awareness that this was going to happen. Something was missed and the announcement never went out. Honestly, I don't care where you live. Clifton, Lopatcong, Robbinsville. If you saw a school bus on your block every morning, you'd probably be curious as well. Schools are closed, so why the bus? Maybe that's all this is. Maybe Lakewood schools did a poor job of getting the word out. If our News 12 original story or my tweet Monday didn't alert the public, maybe those new signs and banners will. One can hope it was all as simple as a lack of understanding. Of course, it could also be something else.

I spoke to one resident who didn't want to give his name. "It's a cat and mouse game," he said. "There are people trying very hard to catch the Orthodox community. It's a handful of people who are doing this. Residents (in Toms River) are good people, but they're being fed misinformation."

Indeed. How about the sneakily edited video of a bus that aired on News 12 Monday? It was a black and white clip that only showed a child running to the bus. It was forwarded to the police as if to show 'Look, kids getting on the bus going to school'. Add the siren emojis! Well, had you seen the entire clip, you would have seen the child get off the bus with a meal, go hand it off and then return to the bus. But that's not what the cops, us or viewers got. Who knows what is in the heart of the person who purposefully edited the video that way and forwarded it on. Sadly, you can probably guess.

I've now seen all of Friday's video, Monday's videos and this morning's. These are the facts. In just about every instance where kids were present, they are the sons of the bus driver and not regular students. The only dropoff and pickup has to do with the meals as the buses follow their routes. I can tell you the ongoing prosecutor investigation should bear this out. As I write this on Thursday afternoon, there is zero compeling evidence of an open school. Nothing. Does something come up tomorrow? Next week? I sincerely doubt it, but the investigation continues and they have to do what they do. As of right now, there's nothing. The only evidence of an open school comes from the slew of videos posted online. Those videos show buses on the road. Again, indicative of nothing other than the meal delivery. Plenty of residents have questioned why they're on the road and they've made assumptions. There's your evidence. It's led nowhere. Police are asking for Ring doorbell and home surveillance video. Those videos will show the same thing. A bus going down the street, a kid or adult running out with food, the handoff and then them coming back before the bus drives on.

Toms River police were towing the county proseuctor line today. Their statement: "The invesigation is still being conducted through the prosecutor's office. There are multiple sources being investigated at this time including witness statements that we are trying to corroborate. We want to make sure the investigation is complete before releasing additional information."

Honestly, I would have liked a lot more from them, either on or off the record. They wouldn't budge. They continue to see no problem with the statement they issued Monday. I would hope they have a problem with the firestorm which ensued. What's baffling is they didn't foresee how the media would react and, in turn, the public. The outrage. The vitriol. The blatent anti-semitism which emerged all across social media as the story made the rounds. Police will blame the media. Ok, but I laugh. They send out an email about an open school investigation, make no mention of the meal delivery and wipe their hands of it? Ok. Did they really not think the media would not do a story on that? Nice job living your tone deaf life. In fairness, Toms River cops can't go far from the county statement, but it sure puts Chief Little and his officers in a difficult position. They didn't start this. Their part in this was strictly at the behest of the prosecutor. But they're getting the phone calls right now too. They're getting the manipulated videos, the erroneous eyewitness statements, the evidence...of nothing.

Another email this afternoon went to the prosecutor's office. I asked for an update. Crickets. They don't owe us anything, but after this week and what's transpired, maybe they owe everybody a lot more. And the sooner the better.

Meantime, the buses roll on. At one of the stops in Lakewood this morning, a cop came through the doors with a flashlight. He looked quickly around, flashing his light towards the back. He saw no kids, only food boxes. The adult volunteer asked the officer, "I hear a lot of people complaining?" The officer paused at the bottom of the steps, "Yeah," he said. He then mentioned someone on that block who's been calling them, citing the coverage on channel 12. He might as well have named me. Well, I can tell you, I'll post the update when the prosecutor announces it, but this is the end for me. I'm tired. I'm angry. I'm done. I'm tired of the animosity seen on social media this week. I'm angry to think a hate group may have orchestrated all of this. And I'm done because I'm convinced of what happened and more importantly what didn't. Just as the prosecutor's office should be very soon now.

(Some of the evidence I've seen this week that the buses are only being used for food delivery. These are all stills from videos. And the newly marked up buses.)

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:30 AM »

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2020, 12:35:46 AM »
Is the video real?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2020, 12:37:03 AM »
Here's an exclusive picture of chassidim crowded in a shul for davening earlier today

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2020, 12:40:31 AM »

Online ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2020, 12:42:30 AM »
The replies to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1245789614503329792
Twitter is a garbage place, for garbage people, to spew garbage nonsense.
Youll see garbage replys on literally every tweet. It's just what the platform is.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2020, 12:44:07 AM »
Twitter is a garbage place, for garbage people, to spew garbage nonsense.
If you think that's not a reflection of real life, well, I hate to say it, but you need to get out more (figuratively! Stay home!)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2020, 12:46:09 AM »
Does it matter?
Yes it matters.
I am asking if this actually happened or is it another thing the media got wrong like the school bus.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2020, 12:46:37 AM »
If you think that's not a reflection of real life, well, I hate to say it, but you need to get out more (figuratively! Stay home!)
Antisemitism is real.
But these people replying there don't hate us more than before.
Look at all their replies.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2020, 12:47:51 AM »
Antisemitism is real.
But these people replying there don't hate us more than before.
Look at all their replies.
Oh, I don't think Corona is making new anti Semites. Just pointing out the latest manifestation.

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2020, 12:56:43 AM »
The replies to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1245789614503329792

I don't have the link, but the Town of Fallsburgh supervisor wrote a really nice post about how they worked with the community to arrange the levaya for the wife of the community Rabbi. (Everyone stayed in cars etc).

The comments were...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:09:42 AM by zh cohen »

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2020, 12:58:43 AM »
Yes it matters.
I am asking if this actually happened or is it another thing the media got wrong like the school bus.
I'll assume the video is real. No, it doesn't matter. There could be 1000 people coughing all over each other. It still would not excuse a single one of those replies which are anti Semitic trash.

You cannot paint an entire community or religion with one brush.

I don't know what's going on in Borough Park, but in Crown Heights we've buried way too many people this week. I saw pictures of some burials with no one besides the 3 members of the burial society dressed in hazmat suits. Children are not even attending their own parents funerals in some cases.

Thousands of people would have gone to Rabbi Yisroel friedman's funeral yesterday, instead the hearse drove through the neighborhood as everyone paid respects from their porches, with no more than 2-3 people standing on the streets at any one spot.

If one family or 25 individuals do something stupid in a time of mourning, and all you can think of is that Jews "own the city" and "Jews gave us Corona", I mean come on, do I need to explain why that's a problem?

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2020, 12:58:48 AM »
This News 12 reporter just posted a long update on Facebook. Really worth the read. He writes how he looked into the whole school bus thing. He criticizes the prosecutor and a lot more. Here's a link, and I'll post the whole thing.
https://www.facebook.com/kurtnews12/posts/2956048467750889?__tn__=K-R

And the Ocean county sheriff got in an “emergency request” for 3 $30,000 mobile surveillance cameras for the whole Ocean County to put them in areas where people are likely to congregate. 3 for the whole county. And they were busy setting one up today where? 14th st in Lakewood. Enough already. Time to let the OC Prosecutor and OC Sheriffs office know that we’ve had it with being blatantly targeted and harassed.