Author Topic: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus  (Read 86764 times)

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus
« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »

Online hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/HaMeturgeman/status/1249309889131929600
I think it's time for another email, @Yehuda57
Tell me what is wrong with that? Shuls that are ostensibly closed are open for business with shades drawn. Outdoor minyanim with no social distancing and people walking back and forth all of davening. Stores crowded to the gills. I dont blame them for saying that there is a problem in our community. Its not outliers. Thats an outright lie. Its a large percentage. Just drive the streets of Boro Park any morning and ask anyone walking with their tallis and tefillin where they are going. If we were so righteous and it was only outliers you wouldnt see that many. Then again the person behind this account has his own version of everything.

Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
Tell me what is wrong with that? Shuls that are ostensibly closed are open for business with shades drawn. Outdoor minyanim with no social distancing and people walking back and forth all davening. Stores crowded t the gills. I dont blame them for saying that there is a problem in our community. Its not outliers. That an outright lie. Its a large percentage. Just drive the streets of Boro Park any morning and ask anyone walking with their tallis and tefillin where they are going. If we were so righteous and it was only outliers you wouldnt see that many.
Never been happier to live OOT
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2020, 12:52:24 PM »
Eliyahu Hanavi must have lived OOT too. These are absolute Neveai HaBaal davening at the alter of the God Minyan
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline simple26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2020, 12:54:29 PM »
Tell me what is wrong with that? Shuls that are ostensibly closed are open for business with shades drawn. Outdoor minyanim with no social distancing and people walking back and forth all of davening. Stores crowded to the gills. I dont blame them for saying that there is a problem in our community. Its not outliers. Thats an outright lie. Its a large percentage. Just drive the streets of Boro Park any morning and ask anyone walking with their tallis and tefillin where they are going. If we were so righteous and it was only outliers you wouldnt see that many. Then again the person behind this account has his own version of everything.
Does that suffice for largely? Thousands of people are at home you see tens on streets still don’t think to much of a bigger percentage by our community

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »
BP is OOT at this point Lakewood does not fit that description at all.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2020, 12:59:00 PM »
BP is OOT at this point Lakewood does not fit that description at all.
Seems so. There are at least 3 outdoor minyanim on my block and thats only in front of the houses. There are more behind the houses.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2020, 01:10:42 PM »
Nothing wrong with minyanim outside. Many rabonim say so.

We as jews should be strong with our principles and shall continue prayers together when possible and do so safely.

If one can go to the grocery and keep social distancing why can't one go to shul and do it, and outside?

It's a shame that we care what the NY Post has to say. We shall continue to daven with minyan with  proper distancing measures.

Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »

We as jews should be strong with our principles and shall continue prayers together when possible and do so safely.

If one can go to the grocery and keep social distancing why can't one go to shul and do it, and outside?

It's a shame that we care what the NY Post has to say. We shall continue to daven with minyan with  proper distancing measures.
I have seen a number of outdoor before the rabbonim came out strongly against them and one after. Not a single one really kept to any guidelines.

Online hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »

The poskim set so many gedarim that we shouldnt be nichshal on aveiros. Here you are being machmir on pikuach nefesh, a doraisa by not davening with a minyan a d'rabbanan. You can say you are social distancing at minyanim all you want. I see otherwise. I see people that are oiver lifnei eveir every time they make a minyan because people cant hold themselves back from "shpatziring" during davening. Your relying on people not being creatures of habit. 

Online hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2020, 01:17:16 PM »
I have seen a number of outdoor before the rabbonim came out strongly against them and one after. Not a single one really kept to any guidelines.
the problem here in BP is that no rav actually came out with any ban on outdoor minyanim. Every one of my neighbors says "Who said?"

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2020, 01:19:13 PM »
the problem here in BP is that no rav actually came out with any ban on outdoor minyanim. Every one of my neighbors says "Who said?"
Is there any who would be considered enough of an authority?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2020, 01:20:16 PM »
If you can't keep guidelines then dont attend.

I know of a few where everyone stays on their own porch and no one goes down, what's the problem with that?

Online hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »
Is there any who would be considered enough of an authority?
Probably not. But a conglomerate of Rabbanim could have. Satmar Monroe supposedly closed all his shuls but I doubt that is true. Satmar Williamsburg is officially open for tefillos only. Emunas Yisrael is officially open. Stolin is locked shut. As usual theyre all worried about their image. The other one was open why couldnt I have been is whats going on.

Online hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 12, 2020, 01:25:25 PM »

I know of a few where everyone stays on their own porch and no one goes down, what's the problem with that?
The ones that cant keep guidelines are the frummest of all.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 12, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »

A number of Lakewood rabbonim told me very specifically not to make one even that way because it will lead to problems. I stopped joining one even though I am a chiyuv based on this. Others continued it. When I looked out my window over Yom tov, lo and behold there are a bunch of people who found out about it and were hanging around without following guidelines. The rabbonim know what they are talking about To go against the rabbonim would not be a zchus for my father.

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 12, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
Halvay that Rabbonim have the power. Ppl are not relying on them and they feel smarter than the Rabbonim. Here in CH Rabbonim wrote it clearly that no Minyan is allowed but ppl can't help themselves.
In a certain way, if they anyway will not listen, better to not tell them (ע"ד מוטב שיהיו שוגגין ואל יהיו מזידין).

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 12, 2020, 01:30:20 PM »
The ones that cant keep guidelines are the frummest of all.

Those making minyanim are not being frum. They are being porek ol

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2020, 01:35:42 PM »
This is the part I don’t get (and the main difference in Lakewood is that the Rabbanim and doctors came out unified and strongly against making minyanim and everyone listens to a few main poskim/Roshei Yeshiva)- why do we need Rabbanim to tell people to use their brains? Seriously, how did this become a Jewish thing? It’s common sense, like looking both ways before crossing the street and going to a doctor if you’re not well.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 12, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
Halvay that Rabbonim have the power. Ppl are not relying on them and they feel smarter than the Rabbonim. Here in CH Rabbonim wrote it clearly that no Minyan is allowed but ppl can't help themselves.
In a certain way, if they anyway will not listen, better to not tell them (ע"ד מוטב שיהיו שוגגין ואל יהיו מזידין).
If you live in CH then listen to ur Rav there.

Every one should listen to thier Rav.

JUST FYI mine said shul should be closed.