Author Topic: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus  (Read 86789 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus
« Reply #440 on: April 22, 2020, 01:11:50 AM »
+1000 Changing the complaint isn’t news, everyone does it. But we shouldn’t be feeding them, we do need to be careful.

As I’ve pointed out elsewhere, the same people who said it was the flu, when forced to back down, then said well driving also kills people, when they realized that straw man doesn’t work, they said well now everyone already has it so this isn’t worth it, when they realized that’s not true, they said well a second wave will be deadlier so let’s try to have everyone get it slowly and steadily.. same argument, different reasons, because it’s not about the facts, it’s an agenda.

People with an agenda will always look for and find an excuse, but we should prevent them having more fodder to throw to those as yet undecided.

I disagree. I was raised that you don't argue with missionaries. You lead by example and reach out to the same people the missionaries target with love and emes, and the people will realize the truth for themselves.

Like I said before, haters gonna hate. You'll never change their minds. Instead of expressing shock and making them alter their arguments a little at a time, lead by example and flood your world with goodness until the "undecided" say, "MI k'amcha Yisroel!" As most non-Jews can attest, by seeing what a Jew is really all about, they see through the bigotry without you having to constantly argue.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #441 on: April 22, 2020, 01:12:40 AM »
This is crazy! Lakewood is at most number 51 in NJ coronavirus rates per capita.

https://twitter.com/YossiWolk/status/1252082284699754497
FTFY.

There may be many more towns with a higher per capita rate.
FTFY  ;)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #442 on: April 22, 2020, 06:40:06 AM »
...but we should prevent them having more fodder to throw to those as yet undecided.
I guess someone does understand.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #443 on: April 22, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »
I guess someone does understand.
We all understand. It's OK if a Jew wants to be extra careful and take unnecessary precautions just to appease anti Semites. It's a free country. But it's anti Semitic for someone else to expect that of a Jew, and anti Semitic to blame a Jew for anti semitism for not appeasing anti Semites.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 22, 2020, 10:02:32 AM »
This is crazy! Lakewood is number 51 in NJ coronavirus rates per capita.

https://twitter.com/YossiWolk/status/1252082284699754497

Lakewood population seems to be (much) higher than many of the 51 towns, what does that say Lakewood’s per capita rate? On the one hand if it’s more densely populated then you’d expect higher numbers, on the other hand some of these towns are tiny and their per capita rate is possibly statistically insignificant. I.e. in a town with a few hundred people or less, every single person who tests positive moves the needle as far as the per capita rate.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 22, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
Another thing to consider in this list of towns is their per capita testing volume. My guess is Lakewood tested much more (per capita) than some of these towns, meaning that if you increased the tests in other NJ towns Lakewood might move further down the list.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #446 on: April 22, 2020, 10:36:54 AM »
We all understand. It's OK if a Jew wants to be extra careful and take unnecessary precautions just to appease anti Semites. It's a free country. But it's anti Semitic for someone else to expect that of a Jew, and anti Semitic to blame a Jew for anti semitism for not appeasing anti Semites. 
Repeating the same thing over and over does not help one understand.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »
Don't think this is direct antisemitism. I think it is a result from the narrative that antisemitism has built.
This is crazy! Lakewood is number 51 in NJ coronavirus rates per capita.

I wasn't comprehensive, but to me it looks like all of the 50k+ population municipalities which have a higher rate than Lakewood would be included as counties surrounding NYC. Lakewood stands out in its connection to NYC despite it not being as close geographically. In fact, parts of NYC are suburbs of Lakewood!
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 23, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/OneJerseySchorr/status/1253349344457248768
There was a story on a local website about all the violations in Lakewood yesterday (i'm not linking it because it has names) It lists all the details including names ages and nature of offense. The article ends with this line.
Meanwhile, the Newark police division’s COVID-19 task force issued 29 for violations of the emergency orders in the state’s largest city Tuesday.

I emailed the writer of the article the following:

I read your article on the social distancing violations in Lakewood with great interest.
One line really caught my attention. At the end you note that Meanwhile, the Newark police division’s COVID-19 task force issued 29 for violations of the emergency orders in the state’s largest city Tuesday. 
That got me wondering why the violations in Lakewood  warrant a full article with all the details like names, ages and nature of the offenses yet the violations in Newark barely warrant a mention.
Are you discriminating against the predominantly african american population in Newark or against the predominantly jewish population in Lakewood?.

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:11:52 PM by ari3 »

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #450 on: April 23, 2020, 01:13:45 PM »
There was a story on a local website about all the violations in Lakewood yesterday (i'm not linking it because it has names) It lists all the details including names ages and nature of offense. The article ends with this line.
Meanwhile, the Newark police division’s COVID-19 task force issued 29 for violations of the emergency orders in the state’s largest city Tuesday.

I read your article on the social distancing violations in Lakewood with great interest.
One line really caught my attention. At the end you note that Meanwhile, the Newark police division’s COVID-19 task force issued 29 for violations of the emergency orders in the state’s largest city Tuesday. 
That got me wondering why the violations in Lakewood  warrant a full article with all the details like names, ages and nature of the offenses yet the violations in Newark barely warrant a mention.
Are you discriminating against the predominantly african american population in Newark or against the predominantly jewish population in Lakewood?.

Thank you
If it is APP or the like the ansewr is simple. One is in their coverage area and not the other.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 23, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »
If it is APP or the like the ansewr is simple. One is in their coverage area and not the other.
NJ.com
 I think it covers the whole state.

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 23, 2020, 01:44:57 PM »
NJ.com
Now we got the names.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 23, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »

Thank you
Great letter.

I saw the article as well and one thing jumped out at me. The writer made sure the write "Meanwhile, the Newark police division’s COVID-19 task force issued 29 for violations of the emergency orders in the state’s largest city Tuesday." As though that number is excused because it's the largest city. https://twitter.com/YossiWolk/status/1253350699292909570

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 23, 2020, 01:46:43 PM »
NJ.com
It's actually the state's largest media outlet. The print edition of it is The Star Leger.

Offline momo

• View Profile

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15