Author Topic: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus  (Read 29233 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Antisemitism related to Coronavirus
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »
Whats that truth that you would like to be told?
That the police breaking up several big weddings a week is a bunch of bunk.
The thing with the hamster is that running on the wheel is actually what it is trying to do.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2020, 10:46:03 PM »
That the police breaking up several big weddings a week is a bunch of bunk.
But I read about them on Twitter
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2020, 11:07:58 PM »
Instead of shouting at each other on all these threads, maybe we can actually help change things.

Does anyone here know who arranges the funerals that were broken up today? You don't have to post here, but speak up. Being combative is not going to work, but perhaps if enough people speak up respectfully?

Last week thousands of people in Crown Heights "attended" the levaya of Reb Yisroel Friedman without any gatherings on the street. The car drove through all the streets and people stood on their porches, by their windows, etc.

This is pikuach nefesh. We have to prevent the possibility of people gathering at levayos or there will be more of them, r'l. This is not about what people are saying about us.
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2020, 11:45:01 PM »
Instead of shouting at each other on all these threads, maybe we can actually help change things.

Does anyone here know who arranges the funerals that were broken up today? You don't have to post here, but speak up. Being combative is not going to work, but perhaps if enough people speak up respectfully?

Last week thousands of people in Crown Heights "attended" the levaya of Reb Yisroel Friedman without any gatherings on the street. The car drove through all the streets and people stood on their porches, by their windows, etc.

This is pikuach nefesh. We have to prevent the possibility of people gathering at levayos or there will be more of them, r'l. This is not about what people are saying about us.

How do you speak up respectfully when people are told over and over NOT to congregate inside or out and they do it anyway, despite knowing that members of their own community are sick and dying, and that the whole world is watching them?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2020, 11:49:48 PM »
How do you speak up respectfully when people are told over and over NOT to congregate inside or out and they do it anyway, despite knowing that members of their own community are sick and dying, and that the whole world is watching them?
It's only the organizers that need to be convinced

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2020, 11:51:14 PM »

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 06, 2020, 12:17:56 AM »

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2020, 12:18:17 AM »

I don't think these people are going to listen to what you have to say no matter how respectfully it is stated. Maybe if people from their own community speak up that would help. That being said it is still wrong to shout and scream about them as all that accomplishes is שנאת חנם.

BTW both of these Rebbes were niftar from corona (at least according to ywn).

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2020, 12:21:14 AM »

I hate that it's happening, but to give it some perspective: Yud Aleph Nissan and people are going to the Ohel. Can you imagine Gimmel Tammuz Nun Daled during a time like this? There'd be no talking to anybody. Let it take me with my Rebbe.
Tick tock

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2020, 12:21:37 AM »
Wrong thread
Does anyone read the title of the thread before they post?  :)
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2020, 12:26:38 AM »
I don't think these people are going to listen to what you have to say no matter how respectfully it is stated. Maybe if people from their own community speak up that would help. That being said it is still wrong to shout and scream about them as all that accomplishes is שנאת חנם.

BTW both of these Rebbes were niftar from corona (at least according to ywn).
My post was directed at people within the community. My point is if you have a contact, speak up. You never know what impact you can have

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2020, 12:27:31 AM »
I hate that it's happening, but to give it some perspective: Yud Aleph Nissan and people are going to the Ohel. Can you imagine Gimmel Tammuz Nun Daled during a time like this? There'd be no talking to anybody. Let it take me with my Rebbe.
It's a truly tragic situation with no easy answers.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2020, 12:33:44 AM »
I just thought today the same, while driving through a crowded levaya. God forbid this would happen with one of the grand rebbis, when people are all for giving their rebbis the last respect at all costs, you wouldn't have to whom to talk.

Offline shwarmabob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2020, 12:30:12 PM »
insane story, insane behavior reported by a generally insane newspaper:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nyc-firefighter-gets-coronavirus-after-teen-sneezes-on-him/
I wonder if the firefighter dies these guys can be charged with murder

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
insane story, insane behavior reported by a generally insane newspaper:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/nyc-firefighter-gets-coronavirus-after-teen-sneezes-on-him/
I wonder if the firefighter dies these guys can be charged with murder
If this story is true, itís an absolute travesty. But there is no way to prove, that the fire fighter contracted it, from this kid.