Author Topic: Save on Car Insurance During COVID-19  (Read 13081 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Save on Car Insurance During COVID-19
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2020, 10:18:10 AM »
Would be nicer if Allsnake paid claims.
Totally OT, but I'm actually in the middle of a claim with them for a fire in my house. Ended up having one adjuster for contents and one for structure. The contents adjuster was fantastic - in that she included everything under the sun, and anything she missed that I asked to be added, or if I tried to show why the price/cost should be higher, she complied. But the structure adjuster - while what was included on the claim was very comprehensive, the amounts haven't been great and I've been fighting with him about it for months.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:24 PM »
Just got this email from GEICO

As part of GEICO's ongoing efforts to assist customers during this unprecedented time, we are announcing The GEICO Giveback which provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020. This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers.

Current customers can expect to see the credit when they renew. Customers do not need to take any action to receive this credit.

The credits are expected to average $150 per auto policy and $30 per motorcycle policy. With roughly 18 million auto policies and 1 million motorcycle policies in force, we are proudly providing a total benefit of approximately $2.5 billion to our customers.
Last month, we announced that we're pausing cancellations of coverage due to non-payment or policy expiration through April 30, 2020 or later as directed by your state. Beyond that, we are committed to offering maximum flexibility to policyholders who need special payment options. And to ensure you continue to receive the 24/7 service you've come to expect, we've also transitioned nearly all of our associates to work from home.

Thank you for being part of the GEICO family. We value you and your business, and want to continue providing excellent support. We will continue to keep you updated.
Sincerely,

Todd Combs, President and CEO
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2020, 01:37:05 AM »
Progressive Personal auto premium credit:

If you have an active personal auto policy at the end of April, you’ll receive a credit for 20% of your April premium. We’ll offer the same 20% credit to active personal auto customers at the end of May, and we may offer additional credits in the upcoming months. There’s nothing you need to do. We’ll automatically calculate your credit at the end of each month, and then you’ll see it reflected in your account within a few weeks. If you have a balance on your policy, we’ll apply the credit directly to your remaining balance. And if you’re already paid in full, we’ll return the money to the payment account we have on file—so please make sure your payment details are up to date. This credit is subject to approval by state regulators.

https://www.progressive.com/support/covid19/

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2020, 02:47:24 AM »
Email from Nationwide tonight
Valued Auto Member,

Nationwide has helped our members through challenging times for 94 years, and together, we'll get through this one. To get relief in your hands quickly and simply during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering a one-time premium refund of $50 per policy for personal auto policies active as of March 31, 2020.

You don't need to do anything. Refunds will automatically be credited to your most recent method of payment (for example, automatic withdrawal, credit card, personal check) within the next 30 days, subject to regulatory approval. We are offering this rapid relief at a time when many drivers are making the right choice to stay off the road and remain home to help "flatten the curve."

Learn what other steps Nationwide has taken to protect our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you're looking for additional ways to save money on your auto insurance, talk to your local agent to learn more about SmartRide. Not all products are currently available in all states.

We wish you good health, and thank you for trusting us to protect what matters most to you.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline bestwatchman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 03:01:54 AM »
Farmers® is reducing auto insurance premium by 25% for the month of April on Farmers branded and 21st Century® branded policies.

We recognize that due to various stay‑at‑home directives, customers are driving less. In light of this, during the month of April we are reducing auto insurance premiums by 25% on Farmers branded and 21st Century branded policies. No action is needed from you, as the reduction will be applied automatically as a credit on your next billing statement. If you recently paid your account in full, we will issue you a refund for the amount of the reduction. As the situation progresses, we will determine if further action is required.

We know that many of our customers may be facing financial challenges during this time and we want to help. In addition to complying with any state mandated actions, we are making adjustments to allow extra time for you to pay for your Farmers® - branded Auto, Home, Umbrella, and Specialty policies.

Pausing Cancellations ‑ We have temporarily paused policy cancellations due to non-payment. This means you will have more time to make a mid-term payment, if one is due, and any unpaid balance will carry over to your next billing statement with no late fee or other penalty. Please keep in mind that we are providing additional time to pay while still maintaining your coverage, so your premium for this coverage will continue to accumulate. If you are able to pay your bill on time, or even a portion of your bill, we recommend you do so to prevent a large balance due when normal billing operations resume.

Renewals ‑ We also understand that some customers who intend to renew their insurance with Farmers may be experiencing financial difficulty. If you receive a notice that your policy is expiring and you need additional time to pay, please contact us and we will extend your due date and waive any late fees. To make such a request, call us at 1‑888‑327‑6335.

Your Farmers agent is also available to help you manage your coverage and look for additional cost savings opportunities.

One thing you can do now, in states where it’s available, is download and enroll in our Signal by Farmers® mobile app. It’s a simple tool that can help you earn a discount for focused driving. Enrolling in Signal® could earn you an additional 5% discount on your auto insurance. Households with youthful drivers can earn a 15% discount. If you haven’t already enrolled, please consider it. Click here for more details. (NOTE: Signal is not available in CA, NY, and SC.)

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2020, 08:08:41 AM »
Totally OT, but I'm actually in the middle of a claim with them for a fire in my house. Ended up having one adjuster for contents and one for structure. The contents adjuster was fantastic - in that she included everything under the sun, and anything she missed that I asked to be added, or if I tried to show why the price/cost should be higher, she complied. But the structure adjuster - while what was included on the claim was very comprehensive, the amounts haven't been great and I've been fighting with him about it for months.

Sorry to hear. I can recommend a PA (public adjuster) if you need one. Frum guy with his son now in the business too. I worked a case with him once on a roof collapse and have recommended him to some others with fire damage. Real menscg - PM me if you need it.

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2020, 08:15:04 AM »
Just got this email from GEICO

This looks great and seems like a decent $$ discount, until you get into the mechanics. They will keep collecting the higher premium until your renewal at which point they will credit you 15% on your rate. My policy renews in June so they collected the higher premium for April already and will do so for May as well. When June finally hits they will start reducing the policy by 15% by crediting me for the next six months at 15% off.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »
This looks great and seems like a decent $$ discount, until you get into the mechanics. They will keep collecting the higher premium until your renewal at which point they will credit you 15% on your rate. My policy renews in June so they collected the higher premium for April already and will do so for May as well. When June finally hits they will start reducing the policy by 15% by crediting me for the next six months at 15% off.
So basically they're forcing you to stay with them to get the discount, and they can raise your premium to cover the "discount"
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2020, 10:57:07 AM »
So basically they're forcing you to stay with them to get the discount, and they can raise your premium to cover the "discount"
Exactly. Since my premium renewed in March. I have to basically wait the full 6 months to see any discount. On average they raise their premiums every six months by a few percentage points... so no real deal here. My main question is if I start re quoting with any of the above mentioned companies that are offering discounts will the rates actually come in any lower for a new policy? Anyone know?

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2020, 03:42:34 PM »
My new quotes i started shopping last week were $500/6mo cheaper

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »
Email from Nationwide tonight
nationwide is on your side  :)

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2020, 06:33:25 PM »
They can raise your premium to cover the "discount"

I have to look more closely, but unless I'm missing something this is what they did to me.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2020, 06:59:52 PM »
Regardless of all these offers, you can just call your insurance company and ask to lower the annual mileage. I did that with Liberty Mutual, and the premium was instantly lowered.

Offline frankthegr8

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2020, 12:37:09 AM »
Is there a way to see on geico app or site what mileage is set for now? I prefer not to call them and wait on hold forever these days to talk to someone for such an easy question.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2020, 08:49:57 AM »
Is there a way to see on geico app or site what mileage is set for now? I prefer not to call them and wait on hold forever these days to talk to someone for such an easy question.
IME in NJ, Geico has a cutoff of 7500 miles, anything above pays more 7500 or less pays less. As long as your new milage is 7500 miles or less you'll pay the lower rate.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2020, 08:53:08 AM »
Anything from State Farm?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2020, 09:44:56 PM »
https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article241972921.html

California Insurance Comissioner Ricardo Lara has ordered carriers to return premiums paid for at least the months of March and April for insurance lines where the risk of loss has fallen substantially as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hopefully other states will soon follow.

Offline simple26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2020, 12:25:07 AM »
https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article241972921.html

California Insurance Comissioner Ricardo Lara has ordered carriers to return premiums paid for at least the months of March and April for insurance lines where the risk of loss has fallen substantially as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hopefully other states will soon follow.
Thats something question is how will companies define it ?

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2020, 02:23:12 PM »
Allstate just sent me an email offering this offer for free through end of year

https://www.allstateidentityprotection.com/

Anyone with any experience or input if worthwhile?