Author Topic: yeshivas that are open  (Read 58075 times)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Re: yeshivas that are open
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »
@yungermanchik You’re lying. You misread the chart and made a stupid mistake, which is why you deleted your post (which everyone can still see where I quoted you). It’s fine to make a mistake, we’re all human. I called you out but you’re not man enough to apologize and admit you were wrong, so you deleted the post and now you’re trying to double down. I was working with exactly the demographics on that website, and that’s exactly what I said.

It’s ok to make mistakes, but the right thing to do now would be to admit you were wrong and move on instead of trying to create new avenues to attack.
The reason I deleted my post is because I
Reread what I wrote and what you posted :)
And I saw that is wasn't were you were talking about. But, I later realized that there was a reason that I assumed it was
We misread your post because we didn't imagine that you would create a super-demographic to try to spin the story your way. We thought you were working with the demographics on that website.
Now look at the chart that I posted (note that I only checked the boxes for 18-49 and 65+) and see if I misread your post or the chart:
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
How are they choosing which 20? Who is controlling entry and how? Doesn’t 770 (not 784/788) have it’s own address? Can’t they allow another 10 there? Minyan only the Rebbe’s room?

IDK how they are choosing the 20, I can only guess that it's a combination of merit and luck. Can't tell you which individual is in charge of the names, I'm assuming that Kratz/Vail/Shuchat are the one's controlling entry.

20 is because the Kingston women's section has a Kingston Avenue address, so 10 there and 10 in 770.

I have no clue about the Rebbe's room.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2020, 02:22:16 PM »
The fact that many people misunderstood is very telling.
Yes, it’s telling. Can you spell d*i*s*s*o*n*a*n*c*e?

This isn’t the first time in this thread that you have falsely accused me. I have proven the first time you did it false, despite your cop-out. Naturally I didn’t get an acknowledgement or an apology from you but that was expected. I think it’s ok to want to defend myself when you’re falsely accusing me of something once more.

I'm done with this petty argument.
Ah, you’re done now?

You should probably stop running up to and tripping old widows. It’s unfair and mean, and can cause serious repercussions to them. So unbecoming.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #363 on: June 03, 2020, 02:27:51 PM »
The reason I deleted my post is because I And I saw that is wasn't were you were talking about. But, I later realized that there was a reason that I assumed it wasNow look at the chart that I posted (note that I only checked the boxes for 18-49 and 65+) and see if I misread your post or the chart:
For the purpose of intellectual honesty, please acknowledge that the chart you originally posted included the 50-64 bracket as well. You can revise history all you want but that’s not even the chart you originally posted.

I didn’t create a super-demographic. That’s you putting a spin on it once more. I very clearly delineated 18-49 and 18-64, which are the actual lines that the CDC provided. I did not choose them or decide them, they were judged relevant by the website.

So your argument that somehow anything was misleading was that I didn’t specifically choose lines that *don’t* prove the point I was trying to bring out? Were you following the conversation?

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »
For the purpose of intellectual honesty, please acknowledge that the chart you originally posted included the 50-64 bracket as well. You can revise history all you want but that’s not even the chart you originally posted.

That is a complete and total lie. I only have this one chart downloaded and that is the one I posted back then. So, instead of accusing me of lying, why don't you admit that it is YOU who is being dishonest here.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
The reason I deleted my post is because I And I saw that is wasn't were you were talking about. But, I later realized that there was a reason that I assumed it wasNow look at the chart that I posted (note that I only checked the boxes for 18-49 and 65+) and see if I misread your post or the chart:
Let’s use just the chart you posted. Do you not see that 18-49 make up about half of the hospitalizations that 65+ do? How does that resonate with the argument that the risk to the young is negligible, and the only people affected are old people? How in any way does that not prove my point exactly? Many many young people are hospitalized. You can come up with theories to help explain it but it doesn’t take away from the point I was making,

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #366 on: June 03, 2020, 02:33:32 PM »
That is a complete and total lie. I only have this one chart downloaded and that is the one I posted back then. So, instead of accusing me of lying, why don't you admit that it is YOU who is being dishonest here.
It’s possible that I am thinking of the chart @yaakov35 posted, which does show that. I apologize if that’s true. I didn’t screenshot it so there is no way for me to know if it’s true.

Now, will you answer the point? And I accused you of lying about something else. Was I wrong?

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 03, 2020, 02:39:49 PM »
Lets go back to your original post
Per the CDC, there have been more COVID patients hospitalized between 18-64 than 65+. Almost half of those are 49 or younger.

“preexisting conditions” aren’t always known prior, and obesity is considered a significant comorbidity.
I admit, I speed-read and when I saw 18- , I assumed it was one demographic(ie 18-49) not 2 lumped together (18-49 + 50-64)
That is all that happened. My assumption is that you wrote it that way as a ploy to spin it your way because I think many others also speed-read that way. If that was not your intent, my apologies.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #368 on: June 03, 2020, 02:42:21 PM »
Lets go back to your original post I admit, I speed-read and when I saw 18- , I assumed it was one demographic(ie 18-49) not 2 lumped together (18-49 + 50-64)
That is all that happened. My assumption is that you wrote it that way as a ploy to spin it your way because I think many others also speed-read that way. If that was not your intent, my apologies.
I’ll take what I can get :)

I really don’t understand how it can have been interpreted like that, when I clearly delineated further along in the sentence, but I guess I’ll have to take your word on it

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »
My first grader started an hour and a half of in person class yesterday (hosted in a house). I happened to pass by today and heard his Rebbi instructing the kids (upon conclusion) to close the Chumoshim, and whoever wants to may also kiss the Chumash, it's optional.  :D
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #370 on: June 03, 2020, 02:52:47 PM »
My first grader started an hour and a half of in person class yesterday (hosted in a house). I happened to pass by today and heard his Rebbi instructing the kids (upon conclusion) to close the Chumoshim, and whoever wants to may also kiss the Chumash, it's optional.  :D
This is starting soon in Lakewood as well, though I think more outdoors. Are there any specific safety measures they are taking, or just that it’s done in a house instead of school?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 03, 2020, 03:18:27 PM »
Yes, it’s telling. Can you spell d*i*s*s*o*n*a*n*c*e?

This isn’t the first time in this thread that you have falsely accused me. I have proven the first time you did it false, despite your cop-out. Naturally I didn’t get an acknowledgement or an apology from you but that was expected. I think it’s ok to want to defend myself when you’re falsely accusing me of something once more.
Ah, you’re done now?

You should probably stop running up to and tripping old widows. It’s unfair and mean, and can cause serious repercussions to them. So unbecoming.
I'm not going to continue having a pissing match, but I will defend myself.

You have helped me understand the gemara "kol haposel bemumo posel". I have never falsely accused you, but you have the nerve to say I falsely accused you twice! Oh, remember cognitive dissonance.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #372 on: June 03, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »
I'm not going to continue having a pissing match, but I will defend myself.

You have helped me understand the gemara "kol haposel bemumo posel". I have never falsely accused you, but you have the nerve to say I falsely accused you twice! Oh, remember cognitive dissonance.
So what would you call this? Truthfully accusing me?
You were definitely denying it a few weeks ago.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 03, 2020, 03:28:49 PM »
So what would you call this? Truthfully accusing me?
Umm yes.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »
Or this?
Instead of attacking everyone for misreading your misleading post, you should probably stop while you're not so far behind and admit your post was misleading.
Remember, the other 2 people who went down that path both admitted they made a mistake
I admit, I speed-read and when I saw 18- , I assumed it was one demographic(ie 18-49) not 2 lumped together (18-49 + 50-64)

18-64 is 54% of hospitalizions. 18-49 is 44% of the 18-64, therefore 18-49 is 24% of total hospitalizations. I didn't read numbers on the bottom so I was off....
By grouping it all together you came out with a misconstrued statement, which is very misleading

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:36:49 PM by S209 »

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2020, 03:30:40 PM »
Guys, cut it out. Go loot some stores. Will be more productive than this.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2020, 03:33:09 PM »
Umm yes.
Yeah, so I’ve already proved your accusation was false. Talk about Kol haposel bemumo posul. Again, if you believe I’ve ever said that (spoiler: I haven’t) please provide proof.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »
Guys, cut it out. Go loot some stores. Will be more productive than this.
We’re in Lakewood and we don’t loot on Shabbos >:(

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2020, 03:34:19 PM »

You almost had me there.... talk about a play on words. Just shows how biased people can be, wild. 18-49 was on average 30% of the 40% of total hospitalizations 18-64 group. So that's roughly 12% of total hospitalizations this isn't even talking about deaths or people put on ventilators. Way to spin a story
@S209 I didn't delete....

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »
@S209 I didn't delete....
Whoops. Ok, let me go find it and edit that post.