Author Topic: yeshivas that are open  (Read 58051 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: yeshivas that are open
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »

There’s a big world out there with many different types of people from all walks of life.
The disrespectful (nicely put) attitude towards certain Jewish communities different then yourself has become a pattern here.

They are blamed here for all problems Jews are suffering, from causing antisemitism to spreading the virus.
Those are the people that don’t use there common sense.
Those are the ones that are ok killing there parents.
Those are also the same people that there un-education in medical treatment caused them to put out these false accusations on hospitals.
And so on and on and on,

Lesson for life: If you have an issue understanding different people and cultures, then you know it’s time you get out more, learn, and you might find out that even though they’re not like you, they are good people making your world and worthy of your praises.

And I’m done here :)

*than
*their
*their
*their
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #421 on: June 17, 2020, 01:55:05 PM »
In my son's class (held in my house) there was an אריינפירעניש today.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 17, 2020, 01:58:29 PM »
English?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
:( What happened??

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #424 on: June 17, 2020, 02:07:54 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 19, 2020, 08:36:08 AM »
English?

The ritual of bringing a male child to Cheder for the first time, traditionally done wrapped in a Tallis. Amongst other things, the first verse of Vayikra is taught to the child, the child licks honey off the Alef Beis letters, candies are thrown on the child while he is wrapped in a Talis and he is told the candies are from Malach Michoel etc. etc.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 19, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »
This is why rules that are unrealistic and don't match reality are more harmful than good. Wouldn't this setup be infinitely better in a school or some other controlled setting rather than moving from small house to house environment?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 19, 2020, 09:28:04 AM »
This is why rules that are unrealistic and don't match reality are more harmful than good. Wouldn't this setup be infinitely better in a school or some other controlled setting rather than moving from small house to house environment?
Not from a super-spreader perspective.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #428 on: June 19, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »

Here you are making assumptions again.

My living room, where my son's class is learning, is a lot more spacious and ventilated than any classroom. Why would a school environment be better? (Though I wouldn't care one way or another).

Not from a super-spreader perspective.

Talking of which, there was what would probably be called a "super spreader event" in my house on Purim. That same yeshiva held a farbrengen in my house again last week (albeit with a slightly smaller crowd). How long should we wait until some here are convinced that our community is safe? It took less than 2 weeks after Purim for almost everyone to get sick to one degree or another.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #429 on: June 19, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »
Here you are making assumptions again.

My living room, where my son's class is learning, is a lot more spacious and ventilated than any classroom. Why would a school environment be better? (Though I wouldn't care one way or another).

Talking of which, there was what would probably be called a "super spreader event" in my house on Purim. That same yeshiva held a farbrengen in my house again last week (albeit with a slightly smaller crowd). How long should we wait until some here are convinced that our community is safe? It took less than 2 weeks after Purim for almost everyone to get sick to one degree or another.
Wouldn’t you first need to introduce a highly infectious person into a similar sized crowd to see what would happen?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 19, 2020, 10:57:25 AM »
How long should we wait until some here are convinced that our community is safe?
The first step would be offering an explanation as to how those who haven't gotten Covid yet, are protected from it? So far your argument as I see it is that you don't understand it either, but even though everything we know about this virus strongly suggests they are at risk, since you haven't seen a spike in the last few weeks, it must be over even if you don't understand why, and can offer no reasoning why it may not surge again soon.

It will take years before there is sufficient evidence that asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic Covid carriers don't have long term health impacts ch"v.

In fact the data about relapses would suggest those who already contact Covid, like yourself, should be even more careful with their health (eat healthy, exercise cautiously, get vitamin D exposure, etc).

Talking of which, there was what would probably be called a "super spreader event" in my house on Purim. That same yeshiva held a farbrengen in my house again last week (albeit with a slightly smaller crowd).
Reinforces my theory that the reason we aren't noticing a spike in NY is because those who aren't being careful now weren't being careful early on & got it already, and those who were careful early on & didn't get it yet are still being careful.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 21, 2020, 01:28:26 AM »
In fact the data about relapses would suggest those who already contact Covid, like yourself, should be even more careful with their health (eat healthy, exercise cautiously, get vitamin D exposure, etc).
Source?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 21, 2020, 03:58:44 AM »

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #433 on: June 21, 2020, 05:50:30 AM »
It's been well established... Here's the first Google result for 'Covid relapse'

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/11/coronavirus-patients-discharged-from-hospitals-report-long-struggle-some-relapse-who-says.html

If its so established then why have we not seen any articles since early May? There was 1 article from Vox and thats it.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2020, 06:06:06 AM »
If its so established then why have we not seen any articles since early May? There was 1 article from Vox and thats it.
There are countless articles. Here is one from June 14

https://medium.com/@shinjieyong/the-covid-19-virus-can-last-for-months-why-efb8314b2b98

There have been many cases in which discharged patients returned to the hospital with milder symptoms and positive Covid-19 status, which I detailed here. Current science agrees that it is more likely for Covid-19 to reactivate than reinfect. Reactivation means the same initial virus is replicating again (after lying dormant for a while), whereas reinfection means a new, different source of infection. For example, a Switzerland study concludes: “Reinfection appears unlikely since Covid-19 infection rates were low in the region of our hospital and the trend of new infections declining at the time the patients were treated.”

More shocking than arguing about a simple Google search results is that people here who spend considerable time talking about the virus don't know it's elementary details

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 21, 2020, 07:44:56 AM »
There are countless articles. Here is one from June 14

https://medium.com/@shinjieyong/the-covid-19-virus-can-last-for-months-why-efb8314b2b98

More shocking than arguing about a simple Google search results is that people here who spend considerable time talking about the virus don't know it's elementary details
But I see with my own eyes that... who cares about data/experts or anything else. God gave me two eyes for a reason!!
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2020, 10:52:39 AM »
How long should we wait until some here are convinced that our community is safe?
The argument made by those better equipped is that high percentage of antibodies /assumed immunity combined with no new sources of infection.

What happens later this week, when 10s (or more) susceptible out of towners with your attitude decide it's OK to ignore the plea of rabbonim and doctors not to visit? Do we risk introducing new infection source to the remaining susceptible population?
Just in time for 770s superspread grand reopening

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
The argument made by those better equipped is that high percentage of antibodies /assumed immunity combined with no new sources of infection.

What happens later this week, when 10s (or more) susceptible out of towners with your attitude decide it's OK to ignore the plea of rabbonim and doctors not to visit? Do we risk introducing new infection source to the remaining susceptible population?
Just in time for 770s superspread grand reopening

10's? Much more than that. Hundreds have already come in for weddings.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
And I'm serious about the attitude. I get that masks are more uncomfortable for @ExGingi than for the rest of us (or is the discomfort in needing to cede some self assurance)
But why does my mask bother you? (not you, the next guy)
Why was I heckled out of a farbrenen yesterday for wearing one?
That's the attitude I'm afraid will start the new wave

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 21, 2020, 11:22:16 AM »
An article last night from your side of the world: https://www.timesofisrael.com/recovered-covid-19-patients-suffer-major-ongoing-physical-cognitive-problems/