Author Topic: yeshivas that are open  (Read 17214 times)

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: yeshivas that are open
« Reply #450 on: June 21, 2020, 12:36:51 PM »
Yes, people wearing masks are the exception rather than the rule in the community. I would guess most get asked in surprise if they didn't have any symptoms. But their own mask wearing is respected, as well as more mask compliance around if indeed a person that hasn't had symptoms is present.
That was 2 weeks ago for me.
I'm no grasshopper, but let's forget the silent stuff. Let's stick with the 3 comments in as many minutes that were unambiguous.
Yes your generation are more respectful. Your kids generation, in the other hand, are more self assured than you, and more black and white (and all they hear from their parents is "אוי ס'איז שווער צו זיין א איד מציל נפשות")

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Yes your generation are more respectful. Your kids generation, in the other hand, are more self assured than you, and more black and white (and all they hear from their parents is "אוי ס'איז שווער צו זיין א איד מציל נפשות")

Maybe a significant portion of my kids' generation, but BH the schools my kids attend teach  (and to the best of my ability the attitude I try to breed at home) is one of respect.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2020, 11:20:47 AM »
Notice just went out that 770 will reopen as of Monday from 6am to 10pm for up to 250 people and masks will be required.

That lasted long...
https://collive.com/770-opens-to-joyous-singing-and-dancing/
Tick tock

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »
Notice just went out that 770 will reopen as of Monday from 6am to 10pm for up to 250 people and masks will be required.

Not a tough choice for me at all. I will be back in 770 on a daily basis. If it's something I need to wear that frequently, I'll probably figure out something more usable.

If masks are required so that it doesn't get shut down by authorities, then they will keep on requiring it.  Though my guess is that enforcement will be lax. Other than Shabbos I'm sure no-pone will be checking for occupancy by no more than 250. On Shabbos I'm not sure what they will do, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's no counting.

My son texted me this morning that they're not counting people in 770. I told him that I was never expecting it to happen, so he replied that they were counting until 8am...

Upon entering 770, I was handed the ultimate COVID-19 protection. No, that that stupid mask people think might protect anyone, but a shot of Smirnoff from a reused cup. Just in case my IgG antibodies weren't sufficient, I gladly took the cup and said L'Chaim before gulping it down. Davening is just so much more  meaningful after a L'Chaim.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Kobe bryent

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »
Noticed the school buses now say "Day Care Transportation."