Author Topic: Interesting Articles: COVID-19 Edition  (Read 162843 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Articles: COVID-19 Edition
« Reply #1380 on: June 11, 2021, 03:17:57 AM »
Either way, the initial take on HCL, pushed by Zelenko, that it was most effective in the early stages of infection (perhaps even as a prophylactic), which is why they claimed it wasn’t a miracle cure that would get all vented patients off the vents.

That’s actually the second take. The initial take from the French study was that it was working great for people in serious condition. Once that take started getting debunked they moved on to a new take.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Interesting Articles: COVID-19 Edition
« Reply #1382 on: June 11, 2021, 08:28:59 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-young-people-forced-covid-vaccine-may-harm-them

Enjoy!
And so continues his trend of spreading health misinformation for political entertainment.

He's been playing with lives since the early stages of the pandemic.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1383 on: June 11, 2021, 08:39:35 AM »
And so continues his trend of spreading health misinformation for political entertainment.

Some of it is just straight up lies.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1384 on: June 11, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »
Some of it is just straight up lies.
The math.. Oh, the math..
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 11, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »

I don’t think what is said in the article is lies. This info has been out for while and if I am not mistaken Israel now recommends only one shot for younger people. 

Come to think of it, that may be the lie. Saying the covid shot is potentially hazardous and not saying specifically the second covid shot.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 11, 2021, 03:58:33 PM »
I don’t think what is said in the article is lies. This info has been out for while and if I am not mistaken Israel now recommends only one shot for younger people. 

Come to think of it, that may be the lie. Saying the covid shot is potentially hazardous and not saying specifically the second covid shot.

First, regarding the deaths caused by the vaccine: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does-vaers-list-deaths-caused-by-covid-19-vaccines

Second, regarding myocarditis: https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-vaccine-and-myocarditis-why-we-should-not-be-worried-analysis-669923

Third, he bases the argument on the false premise that myocarditis is "extremely dangerous" and Covid is not.

Fourth, no one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.

Fifth, the first paragraph is bogus. Israel rolled out vaccines for 12-16 year olds after we did. Kids weren't forced to get the shot.

Sixth, his math is common core-esque when he says 150k kids will get myocarditis in the US.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 11, 2021, 04:47:04 PM »
First, regarding the deaths caused by the vaccine: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does-vaers-list-deaths-caused-by-covid-19-vaccines

Second, regarding myocarditis: https://m.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-vaccine-and-myocarditis-why-we-should-not-be-worried-analysis-669923

Third, he bases the argument on the false premise that myocarditis is "extremely dangerous" and Covid is not.

Fourth, no one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.

Fifth, the first paragraph is bogus. Israel rolled out vaccines for 12-16 year olds after we did. Kids weren't forced to get the shot.

Sixth, his math is common core-esque when he says 150k kids will get myocarditis in the US.

I don’t want to be defending this guy. I personally think all political pundits lie to some degree.
Having said that.
1 - have none of the children who took the vaccine die from the heart condition ?
3- I think his argument is for children and I don't think that is wrong.
4- he brought an example of a school which will not allow children to attend if they don’t get the vaccine. So although they are not being strapped down in a chair, they are still being forced to get it.
5- he said one of the first.
6- totally agree. I am not sure what core-esque means.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 11, 2021, 05:04:02 PM »
I don’t want to be defending this guy. I personally think all political pundits lie to some degree.
Having said that.
1 - have none of the children who took the vaccine die from the heart condition ?
3- I think his argument is for children and I don't think that is wrong.
4- he brought an example of a school which will not allow children to attend if they don’t get the vaccine. So although they are not being strapped down in a chair, they are still being forced to get it.
5- he said one of the first.
6- totally agree. I am not sure what core-esque means.

1 - THERE ARE NO CHILDREN INVOLVED! 2 people have died from myocarditis after having gotten vaccinated. One was 22, the other was 35. We still don't know if the vaccine cause the myocarditis.
3 - That's the point. There's no data on children. The whole this is based on lies and misdirection. The risk was discovered to people between 16-30.
4 - That's a college, and they won't allow in person attendance without being vaccinated. Just like all the other things we like to yell about, there is free choice involved. Get vaccinated, stay online, or go to a different school. There is no shortage of colleges in this country.
5 - Nisht ahin, nisht aher. The issue isn't whether they were first or not. The data isn't what he says it is. The data from Israel is from adults and some teens between 16-30 y/o.
6 - It means it's backwards, wrong, and makes about as much sense as common core. The risk has been said to be between 1 in 3000 and 1 in 10000, and specifically in people between the ages of 16-30. If the risk is 1 in 3000, we would need 450 MILLION people within that age group to get vaccinated to hit 150k cases of myocarditis.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 13, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/nyregion/covid-death-list-jewish.html
Didn't even read it but anyone talking to the media about Covid deaths & jews is a complete  idiot.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 14, 2021, 12:59:05 PM »
1 - THERE ARE NO CHILDREN INVOLVED! 2 people have died from myocarditis after having gotten vaccinated. One was 22, the other was 35. We still don't know if the vaccine cause the myocarditis.
3 - That's the point. There's no data on children. The whole this is based on lies and misdirection. The risk was discovered to people between 16-30.
4 - That's a college, and they won't allow in person attendance without being vaccinated. Just like all the other things we like to yell about, there is free choice involved. Get vaccinated, stay online, or go to a different school. There is no shortage of colleges in this country.
5 - Nisht ahin, nisht aher. The issue isn't whether they were first or not. The data isn't what he says it is. The data from Israel is from adults and some teens between 16-30 y/o.
6 - It means it's backwards, wrong, and makes about as much sense as common core. The risk has been said to be between 1 in 3000 and 1 in 10000, and specifically in people between the ages of 16-30. If the risk is 1 in 3000, we would need 450 MILLION people within that age group to get vaccinated to hit 150k cases of myocarditis.

1- bad wording I was referring to the age group between 16-30, we don't know but we do see a significant uptick in this age group.
3- true
4- he is still allowed to complain. If someone feels that they rather not take a risk on something that has low risk whiteout it and unknown risk with it and not enough research has been done yet to determine that risk.   
5- in Israel they saw a higher risk in this age group. Especially from ages 16-19
And for me that is the main point.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 14, 2021, 06:17:54 PM »
While a lot of this may be the reason for not vaccinating, another reason why people aren’t getting vaccinated is that they already have had the virus. Honestly if you aren’t planning on traveling in the near future, not sure why you would vaccinate.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 14, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »
Honestly if you aren’t planning on traveling in the near future, not sure why you would vaccinate.
Is this a real question, or a rhetorical question?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 14, 2021, 09:48:55 PM »
1- bad wording I was referring to the age group between 16-30, we don't know but we do see a significant uptick in this age group.
3- true
4- he is still allowed to complain. If someone feels that they rather not take a risk on something that has low risk whiteout it and unknown risk with it and not enough research has been done yet to determine that risk.   
5- in Israel they saw a higher risk in this age group. Especially from ages 16-19
And for me that is the main point.

1- That may have been what you were referring to, and very likely what TC was referring to, but the narrative in the article, starting with the first paragraph, frames it as "kids."
4- Everyone is allowed to complain, but when it's backed up with misinformation and lies, I can call it out. Ultimately, complaining when institutions exercise their freedoms in order to keep their clients/customers/staff safe, while constantly complaining that there weren't enough freedoms over the last year and every person/company/institution should be free to make their own policies as they see fit is hypocrisy. Also, see: https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-judge-tosses-hospital-workers-covid-19-vaccine-requirement-lawsuit
5- There is not a single vaccine to date (to my knowledge) that is risk free. Everyone can see the data and conduct their own CBA to determine if they should take the vaccine. My issue with the article wasn't that people should ignore the risks or that we should mandate vaccines. My issue was that he lied repeatedly and misinformed the public, making the vaccine seem less safe than it is, and framing it as a bigger risk than Covid. The reality is, Covid is a bigger risk to the 16-30 demo than the vaccine.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 17, 2021, 08:31:12 AM »
Not much discussion here on DDF about CureVac, a German mRNA vaccine that recently released dismal PhaseIII data (47% efficacy). It’s silly politics that with such results and so many superior vaccines available they might still get European EUA-approval and get to fill pre-orders (predicated on approval) of 405 million doses:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/16/health/covid-vaccine-curevac.html

Why waste materials/supplies and equipment to manufacture 400m doses of a vaccine that is practically ineffective? Politics? Business as usual for big pharma?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 17, 2021, 09:49:19 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/new-covid-study-hints-at-long-term-loss-of-brain-tissue-dr-scott-gottlieb-warns.html

Pretty extensive study, nearly 400 COVID-19 patients studied (and a similar amount of control patients studied). Let’s hope this is temporary and has no significant long term ramifications.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael