Author Topic: RIP/BDE Master Thread - COVID-19 related  (Read 205836 times)

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: RIP/BDE Master Thread - COVID-19 related
« Reply #920 on: May 21, 2021, 05:06:32 PM »
I've heard of high rates of anti vax rhetoric from nurses.

Nurses are excellent at doing what they are trained to do, not necessarily at reading research studies. Same with other medical professionals, including most physicians and dentists.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 21, 2021, 05:37:10 PM »

Nurses are excellent at doing what they are trained to do, not necessarily at reading research studies. Same with other medical professionals, including most physicians and dentists.
Nurses that were trained in emergency medicine and cut their teeth treating COVID patients from April 2020 in non-hospital settings managing COVID patients from transport through ICU onto and off vents, ECMO, VDR to rehab , through delivery of healthy babies dont really care about research. They're creating the data for tbe research. When a certain CMO at an Ivy league university hospital got wind that 150 COVID patients were funneled through his ICU he was grateful for th3 data. So...I will trust those around me.

I had COVID in April 2020. Positive Antobodies that have been gone since August 2020. Mulitple exposures to COVID positive patients in my car transporting them to the hospital since Sukkos with nothing. Not even a spike in antibodies checked multiple times since September.

I think I'm good for now.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 21, 2021, 05:44:10 PM »
Nurses that were trained in emergency medicine and cut their teeth treating COVID patients from April 2020 in non-hospital settings managing COVID patients from transport through ICU onto and off vents, ECMO, VDR to rehab , through delivery of healthy babies dont really care about research. They're creating the data for tbe research. When a certain CMO at an Ivy league university hospital got wind that 150 COVID patients were funneled through his ICU he was grateful for th3 data. So...I will trust those around me.

I had COVID in April 2020. Positive Antobodies that have been gone since August 2020. Mulitple exposures to COVID positive patients in my car transporting them to the hospital since Sukkos with nothing. Not even a spike in antibodies checked multiple times since September.

I have tremendous respect for anyone who treated covid patients, but what does that have to do with knowing about the efficacy of the vaccine?

Either way, I promised myself not to engage, so I'm out. Good shabbos.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #923 on: May 21, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

Exposure. LOL

My 9 year old got it in December, despite me not taking any precautions when I had it in mid-February, before anyone thought COVID was in the US.
And my 9 year old didn't give it to anyone else in the household.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 21, 2021, 05:56:47 PM »

I have tremendous respect for anyone who treated covid patients, but what does that have to do with knowing about the efficacy of the vaccine?

Either way, I promised myself not to engage, so I'm out. Good shabbos.
Has nothing to do with the efficacy of the vaccine other than making an  informed decision of the risks of not taking it. Not debating it. I made an informed choice. And its not based on rhetoric or being anti-vax. I'm all for researched vaccines over the long term.

So I said I will wait and see. I'm not crazy enough to take it just to go to countries like Israel. And there are workarounds for those requirements as 2ell. 

Good Shabbos.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 21, 2021, 06:02:08 PM »
Exposure. LOL
And my 9 year old didn't give it to anyone else in the household.
When youre around patients who are admitted to the ICU with O2 saturation levels in the low 80s sitting in your car for an hour an a half get back to me.

Your 9 year old had it when??? What I have said is I dont believe I can get it again.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 22, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
What I have said is I dont believe I can get it again.
I agree.
If you've had it (for real) you don't need a vaccine for protection.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #927 on: May 22, 2021, 10:08:32 PM »
I agree.
If you've had it (for real) and have antibodies it’s likely you don't currently need a vaccine for protection.
FTFY
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 22, 2021, 10:19:58 PM »

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 22, 2021, 11:12:05 PM »
Incorrect.
Not at all. There are people who've had it twice. With antibodies that's not likely to happen, but each one of us know more than one personally who had it twice.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
RIP/BDE Master Thread - COVID-19 related
« Reply #930 on: May 22, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »
Uch. This thread was supposed to be dead :'(
Though it's kinda nice to see that the bulk of recent posts on this thread are just covid bickering.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #931 on: May 22, 2021, 11:21:36 PM »
Incorrect.

Tell that to my chavrusa and my neighbor. I understand why you want to believe that, but you’re wrong.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 22, 2021, 11:47:00 PM »

Tell that to my chavrusa and my neighbor. I understand why you want to believe that, but you’re wrong.
What people dont seem to get is that this is all about personal experiences, choice and risk tolerance. I dont want the vaccine and Ive been advised by my medical provider not to get it, yet. Additionally I dont believe I will get it again. And if I do, I know what to do based on months and months of personal experience. Im not telling anyone to do anything. As with everything here on DDF its about sharing experiences. I dont know what happened but this level of judgment and trying to pressure people who make informed decisions to inject something into themselves is so weird to me.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #933 on: May 23, 2021, 12:53:19 AM »
I dont know what happened but this level of judgment and trying to pressure people who make informed decisions to inject something into themselves is so weird to me.
You are seeing pressure and judgement where none exist- I don’t think anyone has pressured you or anyone to inject something you didn’t want to. Any pressure you are feeling from these posts is internal.

However, it should generally be expected that when potentially dangerous misinformation is shared it will be corrected. You stated that my FTFY was incorrect- but you’re wrong.

It’s important to note that while first responders and nurses are wonderful people who dedicate their lives to others, and certainly have a non-zero familiarity with medicine, that in no way makes them qualified to understand more nuanced medical questions and decipher medical text in a way that an MD can. Some things are simply above their pay grade, which is of course understandable and not in any way a fault. Hatzalah is amazing, and I possibly owe my daughter’s life to them. I’m making a seudas hoda’ah for her on the anniversary this week and you’re invited! We still do need doctors.

A good example is a couple of months ago, someone didn’t understand that when a PCR test comes back positive it means there is a presence of clinical infection, other negative PCRs notwithstanding.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 23, 2021, 01:05:59 AM »
You are seeing pressure and judgement where none exist- I don’t think anyone has pressured you or anyone to inject something you didn’t want to. Any pressure you are feeling from these posts is internal.

However, it should generally be expected that when potentially dangerous misinformation is shared it will be corrected. You stated that my FTFY was incorrect- but you’re wrong.

It’s important to note that while first responders and nurses are wonderful people who dedicate their lives to others, and certainly have a non-zero familiarity with medicine, that in no way makes them qualified to understand more nuanced medical questions and decipher medical text in a way that an MD can. Some things are simply above their pay grade, which is of course understandable and not in any way a fault. Hatzalah is amazing, and I possibly owe my daughter’s life to them. I’m making a seudas hoda’ah for her on the anniversary this week and you’re invited! We still do need doctors.

A good example is a couple of months ago, someone didn’t understand that when a PCR test comes back positive it means there is a presence of clinical infection, other negative PCRs notwithstanding.
Dangerous misinformation is saying antibodies lost are the be all and end all. Its not just antibodies. And what we are seeing now is the antibodies from the vaccine atr non-existent and/or dwindling.

I have nothing to do with Hatzolah.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #935 on: May 23, 2021, 01:07:20 AM »
What I have said is I dont believe I can get it again.
That’s great, and also probably incorrect. Is there something wrong with correcting an incorrect assumption?
I agree.
If you've had it (for real) you don't need a vaccine for protection.
This is an absolutist statement which appears to be partially wrong. Partial, because there is a lot of truth to the sentiment that once you’ve had COVID you’re probably protected.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #936 on: May 23, 2021, 01:09:20 AM »
Dangerous misinformation is saying antibodies lost are the be all and end all.
Dangerous how? And who said that?
Its not just antibodies.
Sure. But antibodies are a great way to measure. What is clear is that there are people who’ve gotten it multiple times, usually without recent antibodies.
And what we are seeing now is the antibodies from the vaccine atr non-existent and/or dwindling.
Source?
I have nothing to do with Hatzolah.
You’re still invited :)

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 26, 2021, 12:48:24 PM »
William Shakespeare.  Died, once again.  Ten months after becoming the first Brit vaccinated.  Coincidence? 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-57234741

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #938 on: May 26, 2021, 04:13:19 PM »
William Shakespeare.  Died, once again.  Ten months after becoming the first Brit vaccinated.  Coincidence? 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-57234741
Careful. I'll bet there are many reading your post and thinking, "Exactly!"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #939 on: May 26, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »
Careful. I'll bet there are many reading your post and thinking, "Exactly!"
@zelenko
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.