Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 157544 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3870 on: February 21, 2021, 04:30:04 PM »
I meant including those part of groups because OBs usually tend to practice in groups or partnerships so that there is round the clock coverage in the hospitals and for office visits. Therefore,  I would assume each group would be reporting numbers as a group vs each individual OB reporting even as part of a group of 2 to 10 (or whatever) OBs.

If there are that many groups and each one רחמנא ליצלן reports such highly uncommon numbers that would be beyond disastrous to say the least   :-[.
There are 8 OB/GYN groups servicing Lakewood that I am familiar with. Iím sure there are more with Lakewood patients. CHEMED, Surowitz, Kaufman, Belkin, Tal, WLB, Giovine, OGOA.

Now might be a good time to point out that Lakewood is one of the top 5 largest municipality in NJ and the youngest municipality in NJ.. which means there are a lot of babies being born kĒh.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:33:16 PM by S209 »
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 21, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »
which means there are a lot of babies being born kĒh.

B"h. Exactly. And we want them born alive and kicking. Not ch"v stillborn. Let's hope this is a one-off report.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3872 on: February 21, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »
There are 8 OB/GYN groups servicing Lakewood that I am familiar with. Iím sure there are more with Lakewood patients. CHEMED, Surowitz, Kaufman, Belkin, Tal, WLB, Giovine, OGOA.

Now might be a good time to point out that Lakewood is one of the top 5 largest municipality in NJ and the youngest municipality in NJ.. which means there are a lot of babies being born kĒh.
There are many more than those.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: February 21, 2021, 05:12:36 PM »
Synthetic antibodies would leave your body within a few days.
The sources I looked at seem to agree that natural IgG antibodies have a half-life of about 21 days, and monoclonal antibodies are similar (range of 10-30 days).  This is antibodies in general, I didn't find something specific for Covid antibodies.

This means that immediately after an infusion of monoclonal antibodies, the antibody level in your blood will be at its highest.  Three weeks after infusion, it'll be half that, and six weeks after infusion it'll be 25% of the original peak (that is, another half will be gone), etc. 

It's similar after you get Covid - Of the antibodies produced at that time half will be gone after three weeks, 75% gone after 6 weeks, etc.

But the difference is that during the natural infection, the B cells have been stimulated to become antibody-producing factories, and so after the first antibody molecules are gone, the B cells can keep churning out more antibodies.  One particular antibody molecule is gone, but an identical one takes its place, so the antibody level measured in the tests remains high for longer than three weeks.  With the infusion of antibodies, the B cells haven't been activated, so you get just that one helpful surge of antibodies, and when it's gone, it's gone.

Now, the truth is, I'm not sure if this applies to someone like YitzyS who was probably infected for a few days before getting the infusion.  Maybe some B cells were activated, and maybe his current antibody level is actually a mixture of antibodies that he made and those that were infused?  Could be.  Or maybe the infused antibodies are so high that they send a signal to the B cells that "We've got this covered.  Don't need you." and the B cells inactivate?  I don't know, and I don't know if it's been studied, but I don't think it's important.

What's important is this:  The reason they recommend waiting is because they're concerned that if the vaccine is given soon after the antibody infusion, the vaccine may not be as effective.  What the mRNA vaccine does is stimulate your body to make Spike protein, which is similar to the Spike protein on the virus.  When the B cells and T cells see that Spike protein, they're "fooled" into thinking it's the virus, and they react by producing many more B and T cells, churning out antibodies, and creating the memory B and T cells that are important for long-lasting immunity.  But the infusion contained antibodies to that same Spike protein and they will glom onto Spike proteins and neutralize them before they have the chance to be seen by the B and T cells.  This would be good, of course, if the Spike were on a virus, and the antibodies were neutralizing the virus.  But here, the antibodies would be neutralizing the protein that's trying to activate your immunity. 

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3874 on: February 23, 2021, 10:09:38 PM »
From a Lakewood Dr.ís pre-Purim COVID email:

The strain that is dominant in Lakewood right now is known as the British Variant. There are other strains that are dominant in other parts of the world. They also have the same mutation (change) as the British Variant that allows them to infect people more easily. However, some have an additional mutation that causes the virus to be able to repel the antibodies that a person develops after being infected by the original COVID-19 virus.

Of concern, the South African Variant is such a strain. In areas where this strain is dominant, the Monoclonal Antibody therapy that prevents serious disease and saves lives here in Lakewood simply does not work against the virus there.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lkwd Covid cases - google sheet
« Reply #3875 on: February 23, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »
When I read the email I assumed that this is just conjecture.
Google Sheet with Lakewood Covid numbers in profile for those interested.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3876 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:30 PM »
When I read the email I assumed that this is just conjecture.
Which part?

It was explained to me that the mutation caused one of the cells to invert its electrical charge (positive to negative or vice versa), which causes the spike protein to repel the antibodies instead of allowing the antibodies to glom onto the spikes.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: February 23, 2021, 11:22:09 PM »
TLS posted this letter from Torah Umesorah. Not sure which doctor is behind the information.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: February 23, 2021, 11:26:43 PM »
Which part?

It was explained to me that the mutation caused one of the cells to invert its electrical charge (positive to negative or vice versa), which causes the spike protein to repel the antibodies instead of allowing the antibodies to glom onto the spikes.

Doesnít mean this doctor has any proof/evidence that itís a variant thatís prevalent in Lakewood.

Your explanation on E484K seems to refer to whatís described here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-science-idUSKBN2AM2GQ

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: February 23, 2021, 11:38:25 PM »
TLS posted this letter from Torah Umesorah. Not sure which doctor is behind the information.

That letter doesnít say anything about whatís happening in Lakewood now. And that silly wordplay at then end about poly- vs. mono- is misleading and unscientific. The vaccines are also likely to be less effective against variants, but the reason to prefer vaccines over monoclonal antibodies is because being sick isnít a good thing and should be avoided when possible, not because vaccines are more effective.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: February 23, 2021, 11:45:10 PM »
That letter doesnít say anything about whatís happening in Lakewood now. And that silly wordplay at then end about poly- vs. mono- is misleading and unscientific. The vaccines are also likely to be less effective against variants, but the reason to prefer vaccines over monoclonal antibodies is because being sick isnít a good thing and should be avoided when possible, not because vaccines are more effective.
(Posted in this thread because LakewoodScoop posted it; nothing to do with previous discussion.)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: February 24, 2021, 12:33:30 AM »
Doesnít mean this doctor has any proof/evidence that itís a variant thatís prevalent in Lakewood.

Your explanation on E484K seems to refer to whatís described here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-science-idUSKBN2AM2GQ
I think the variant assumption is based on young women suddenly being the population getting infected, and getting hospitalized.

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: February 25, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »
The South African variant seems brutal.
Thank god it's not very prevalent here now (hopefully).
Hope it stays that way.