Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 478843 times)

Online cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #1080 on: May 18, 2020, 10:36:53 PM »
to clarify, self employed. And was for a specific service  provided  ,so payment doesn't have a pay period. lastly, was paid with cc

You can receive payments now (i.e. net30) for work done before UI. The general rule for the $504 limit is for monies earned, not collected. There are exceptions to commissions when you don't know if you'll earn or not, severance, paid leave that is owed to you etc.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #1081 on: May 18, 2020, 11:55:59 PM »
If I would work on Fridays would I be able to apply for unemployment for Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday?

That's 4 days.
As I'm only able to get paid for four days, so can I file that i didn't work for 4 days?
  Or I must claim that I worked for one day?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 19, 2020, 12:00:20 AM »
If I would work on Fridays would I be able to apply for unemployment for Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday?

That's 4 days.
As I'm only able to get paid for four days, so can I file that i didn't work for 4 days?

Location?
Can we institute a penalty system🤪

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #1083 on: May 19, 2020, 12:04:54 AM »
Location?
Can we institute a penalty system
Oops. NY
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 19, 2020, 12:10:08 AM »

That's 4 days.

It's not how many days you don't work, it's how many days you do.
For each day worked you'll lose 25% of your benefit rate. $600 remains a flat amount.

Offline dealben

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 19, 2020, 12:12:21 AM »

That's 4 days.
At ny dol, working 1 out of 5 days will deduct a quarter of your benefits

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 19, 2020, 08:49:39 AM »
I was a part time worker that lost my job due to covid 19. I applied for unemployment 2 weeks after I lost my job. A few weeks after I applied I saw that $600 was deposited in my account.  The next week I did not get any money in my account.  2 weeks later I got another $600. Then the next week I didn't get anything and then a week after that I got in my account  $525 and then $125. I am wondering how come I am not getting every week money. Should I ask them for the first 2 weeks that I didn't file for unemployment plus all the weeks that I don't see the money in my account.  I never know when I get money and why some weeks I get money and some weeks I don't get money. What could it be?

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 19, 2020, 08:53:12 AM »
I am located in NY. At my payment history is shows that for the week 3/15 it was my last week working and I got $0 . It then shows for the week 5/10/2020 I got $159 and $525. Why didn't I get money for the weeks inbtween?

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 19, 2020, 08:55:01 AM »
I also did get 2 other times that it does not show in m payment history money.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 19, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »
I am located in NY. At my payment history is shows that for the week 3/15 it was my last week working and I got $0 . It then shows for the week 5/10/2020 I got $159 and $525. Why didn't I get money for the weeks inbtween?

$525? Sounds odd, isn’t NY capped at $504?

This is a general question, not addressed to Dreamer, rather asking about his situation.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 19, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »
It could be  that the $525 is from the $600 and they took off some taxes. I have no idea. It sounds like my unemployment benefits are all messed up. Is there anyone to talk to so that I could find out what happened to all the unemployment benefits?

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1091 on: May 19, 2020, 10:16:58 AM »
Or maybe it's a few weeks combined?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 19, 2020, 10:22:52 AM »
It could be  that the $525 is from the $600 and they took off some taxes. I have no idea. It sounds like my unemployment benefits are all messed up. Is there anyone to talk to so that I could find out what happened to all the unemployment benefits?

This actually makes perfect sense, you can opt into 12.5% tax withholding which would leave you with $525 of the $600 (12.5> of $600 is $75). The PUA minimum of $182 after 12.5% withholding is $159.25. Mystery solved.

@dreaming, you can check to see if you opted in to 12.5%, my guess is you did. You’re eventually going to get paid, and might have to (re)certify for the other weeks. Continue certifying weekly in any case.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 19, 2020, 10:24:24 AM »
Or maybe it's a few weeks combined?

Presumably they would break it down and list it by individual weeks.

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 19, 2020, 10:43:21 AM »

The $0 for your "last week worked" is your waiting week. They haven't paid that out yet, and totally bumbled it by renaming it to "last week worked". That's even more wrong and confusing than "waiting week"...

$159 and $525 is the correct amounts if you're withholding taxes and receiving $182 and $600.

Be on the lookout for an email from the DOL with instructions on how to certify the weeks you missed. Be sure to certify weekly for new weeks to get your benefits released.

Very surprised at the funds you received randomly that are not in your account. Not very like the DOL to do that... were you perhaps waiting for some other state refund? The UI payments should say something like NYS DOL UI if you're getting direct deposit.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: May 19, 2020, 10:45:14 AM »
The $0 for your "last week worked" is your waiting week. They haven't paid that out yet, and totally bumbled it by renaming it to "last week worked". That's even more wrong and confusing than "waiting week"...

$159 and $525 is the correct amounts if you're withholding taxes and receiving $182 and $600.

Be on the lookout for an email from the DOL with instructions on how to certify the weeks you missed. Be sure to certify weekly for new weeks to get your benefits released.

Very surprised at the funds you received randomly that are not in your account. Not very like the DOL to do that... were you perhaps waiting for some other state refund? The UI payments should say something like NYS DOL UI if you're getting direct deposit.

I got a single FPUC $600 payment that’s not showing on my account. I don’t think I’m the only one...

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 19, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »
In NJ, what does the email from e-Adjudication look like?

DW filed 5/4, and it went to WBR of $0 on 5/11, and have heard nothing from Labor at all. I am ok with waiting, but what is the process like at this point, can someone who had this chime in please?

Did anyone else in NJ wait over 2 weeks for an e-Adjudication? Any way to speed it up? Still nothing!

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 19, 2020, 11:13:40 AM »
Did anyone else in NJ wait over 2 weeks for an e-Adjudication? Any way to speed it up? Still nothing!
Yes mine says $0 for over 2 weeks

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 19, 2020, 11:16:52 AM »
Read up-thread.
Many waited a lot longer.

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 19, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
Over 3 weeks over here.