Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 470722 times)

Online cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #2860 on: August 12, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »
I opened a WhatsApp for status updates on NY, NJ, and Federal coronavirus aid available. I'm not sure if forum rules allow me to post links, so if you'd like to see them PM me for the WhatsApp link.

Added a link to my site (available in my signature block below) so no PM is necessary.

Offline Pupashtetl

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: August 12, 2020, 03:58:47 PM »
That is the number i got called from and I gave them all my info so I hope its not a scam.... Why would you assume it is?

What did they want from you? If it was backpay, did you receive the money?

Online Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #2862 on: August 12, 2020, 04:27:53 PM »
Just the passport should be fine.

Thank you @cgr. So you're saying even the social security card is not really necessary? JUST the passport, and nothing else?

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 12, 2020, 04:36:44 PM »
Thank you @cgr. So you're saying even the social security card is not really necessary? JUST the passport, and nothing else?

Feel free to send me a copy of the letter (blot out anything sensitive please) and I'll double check. I remember it being an either/or.

Online Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #2864 on: August 12, 2020, 05:26:33 PM »
Feel free to send me a copy of the letter (blot out anything sensitive please) and I'll double check. I remember it being an either/or.

Thanks. Please see PM.

Offline 159dallas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: IHG Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, Enterprise EE
« Reply #2865 on: August 12, 2020, 06:25:28 PM »
What did they want from you? If it was backpay, did you receive the money?

I reached out to my state rep and they responded that they sent it in on thursday on monday I got the call.... I was trying to get my oroginal date pushed back so I could certify for weeks in march and april ( I only applied at the end of april)

Here is why I dont think its a scam

1. They had my phone number (Sounds weak when you think about it but what do they do call random people and hope they applied for unemployment)
2. They did NOT ask for bank information
3. They took time at the end of the call (after I gave them my info to explain what to do)
4. They told me I may get an email that I overclaimed but that the system will resolve it (When you push your date back they make you claim for weeks you claimed already.... No...You don't get double the money :)

Offline meilich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: August 12, 2020, 06:59:22 PM »
I mistakenly didn’t Certify my claim for one week, how can I claim that week now?

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: August 12, 2020, 07:07:06 PM »
I mistakenly didn’t Certify my claim for one week, how can I claim that week now?

In NY you need to call/message/fax for backpay.
In NJ it will give you the option to certify for it when you certify for this week.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: August 12, 2020, 07:35:19 PM »
Did anyone get a callback in NJ from 8668125907 ?
Real number or scam? The guy sounded straight out of India.
I'm definitely leaning that it's a scam.

Offline 159dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: August 12, 2020, 07:40:59 PM »
I'm definitely leaning that it's a scam.

Based on what?

Offline 159dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: August 12, 2020, 07:41:35 PM »
I wish someone has an answer for this because now I am worried....

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: August 12, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »
Yes.
Best not to certify (even as unwilling to work) when out of the country. They'll flag your claim.
how would they know?

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: August 12, 2020, 07:55:13 PM »
how would they know?

Every certification gets logged with an IP address.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: August 12, 2020, 07:59:18 PM »
Based on what?
He refused to give me his I'd number

Offline 159dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: August 12, 2020, 08:30:30 PM »
That's It?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: August 12, 2020, 08:37:32 PM »
When I spoke to the real nj ui, they told me that everyone has an I'd, and are required to give when asked.

The guy who called me sounded straight out of India.

The regular ui number, has no option for them to call u back within 24 to 48 hours, yet if you call this number during the day, there is always an option to request a callback.

The recording doesn't sound legit.

But I can be wrong

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: August 12, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »
When I spoke to the real nj ui, they told me that everyone has an I'd, and are required to give when asked.

The guy who called me sounded straight out of India.

The regular ui number, has no option for them to call u back within 24 to 48 hours, yet if you call this number during the day, there is always an option to request a callback.

The recording doesn't sound legit.

But I can be wrong
-1 it definitely does.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: August 12, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »
-1 it definitely does.
I knew someone would say that :)

In nj, there is no number to call and automatically the only option is for someone to call you back. Most of the time, you can't get through. In the unlikely event that you do get through, then you can wait on hold, or there is an option for someone to call you back.

This number, anytime you call during the day, there is only an option to get a callback. And if you listen to the callback option and voice, it sounds totally different then when you have a callback option on the regular 2021 number.

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: August 12, 2020, 09:49:18 PM »
I knew someone would say that :)

In nj, there is no number to call and automatically the only option is for someone to call you back. Most of the time, you can't get through. In the unlikely event that you do get through, then you can wait on hold, or there is an option for someone to call you back.

This number, anytime you call during the day, there is only an option to get a callback. And if you listen to the callback option and voice, it sounds totally different then when you have a callback option on the regular 2021 number.
in that case it definitely sounds like a scam.. anyhow i have some friends who tried it, i guess ill report back if i hear either way..

Offline Luvisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: August 12, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »
Did anyone get a callback in NJ from 8668125907 ?
Real number or scam? The guy sounded straight out of India.
google the number. Scam