Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 479118 times)

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #3080 on: August 25, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »
THANK YOU HASHEM!!
And thanks all for your help!!
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: August 25, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »
PSA:
For all those that are eligible for UI and haven't applied for some reason, it is very likely that by the time LWA funds are disbursed to eligible claimants there will be no funding left, so if you haven't certified for benefits for weeks 08/01-02 and for the following 3-6 weeks by the time funds are disbursed, the chances of you receiving the LWA supplement is slim. There's no clear timeline on LWA disbursement in NY and NJ yet, but NY it will most likely be paid in the next 2-3 weeks. NJ has not yet applied.

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 25, 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
Whats the average how long it takes to get money deposited into your bank?
My form says deposit to debit card not direct deposit

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 25, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »
Also i never got an email for application approval or a message to call...yet im seeing online in the money deposited category that the money was released on 8/24/20...not sure whats going on lol

This is what im seeing...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 03:31:05 PM by elazarmn »

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile

Offline cgr

• View Profile

Offline greatdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 26, 2020, 07:51:11 PM »
anyone have the phone number in nj to certify benifits by phone?

Offline skv

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 26, 2020, 10:27:15 PM »
anyone have the phone number in nj to certify benifits by phone?

732-761-2020

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: August 27, 2020, 02:12:01 PM »
NY LWA FAQ:
https://labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/lwa-factsheet.pdf
Nothing new on it...

Offline yosefsv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 27, 2020, 02:16:34 PM »
Finally its clearly stated:
Q: IF MY WEEKLY BENEFIT IS LESS THAN $100 BECAUSE OF TAXES OR BECAUSE I WORKED ONE OR MORE
DAYS IN A GIVEN WEEK, WILL I RECEIVE THE LWA PAYMENT?
A: The LWA program’s $100 cutoff is based on a claimant’s benefit base rate, which is calculated before any deductions or reductions. Because the minimum weekly benefit rate in New York is $104 for UI and $182 for PUA, all claimants in New York are above the $100 cutoff. That means you can still qualify for the $300 LWA payment if your UI or PUA payment in a given week is below $100 because of taxes, part-time work, or other reductions.
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: August 27, 2020, 04:36:13 PM »
From the DOL website: "To be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits in 2020, you must have earned at least $200 per week during 20 or more weeks in covered employment during the base year period, or you must have earned at least $10,000 in total covered employment during the base year period."

If he applied Jan - March 2020, his base year is Oct 1, 2018 - Sept 20, 2019. If he applied April - June 2020, his base year is Jan 1, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019. From what you are saying it seems he doesn't meet the at least 10,000 requirement. See if he worked 20 weeks in his base year and earned at least $200 for those weeks. If not, it would seem that he is out of luck and is not eligible for UI if he doesn't have a Covid 19 related reason.

I have the benefit determination. Base wages are 9516.39 for 51 base weeks. If I average the last two quarters which have a total of 25 weeks and 5128.00, that comes out over 200 per week for 25 weeks and less than 200 for the previous two quarters. But if they take the total and divide it by 51 weeks it's less than 200 per week. Is that why he was put onto PUA and can we appeal it?

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: August 28, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
What the NYS phone number to call to certify for backpay?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: August 28, 2020, 12:30:56 PM »
What the NYS phone number to call to certify for backpay?
888-209-8124

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3093 on: August 29, 2020, 11:33:16 PM »
FEMA approved NYs application.
Will that payment apply retroactively for those who filed? or will it apply to future weeks?

Meaning if one has 12 days left to be able to file, should one wait till the $300-$400 kicks in?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: August 29, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »
Will that payment apply retroactively for those who filed? or will it apply to future weeks?

Meaning if one has 12 days left to be able to file, should one wait till the $300-$400 kicks in?
It's retroactive for at least 3 weeks starting with the week ending on 8/2.

Note that if they have 12 days left and they're still on their original 26 weeks of UI they'll get an additional 13 PEUC weeks, and when that expires (if still in place) and additional 20 EB weeks.
If they're on PUA that's been extended to 46 weeks (not to go past 12/31/20).

Offline easydoesit

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: August 31, 2020, 12:40:14 PM »
From the questions you are quoting, sounds like you are in NJ
If you do go that route then it is true that the NJDOL will likely not handle that well. Be prepared with a doctors letter for your appeal saying that you were able to work again, as I know people who got charged back THEIR ENTIRE CLAIM when someone in the DOL decided that they must not have been able to work for longer than the claimant claimed. Also know someone whose claim has not been payable for a few months after she tried that.

I also know that I got backlash for this opinion, but I am not fully convinced that having a baby means you were legally disabled.

Thanks so much!  I appreicate your honesy and warning. Do you know what I can do? It seems lke my hands are tied with everything? Would you know the best approach?

Thanks!

Offline davs

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: August 31, 2020, 12:49:54 PM »
PSA: in NJ check certification times. I see mine is different this week

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: August 31, 2020, 06:25:11 PM »
If someone had a baby, what do they answer on this question when certifying weekly -

3. How many days were you NOT ready, willing, and able to work?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: August 31, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
If someone had a baby, what do they answer on this question when certifying weekly -

3. How many days were you NOT ready, willing, and able to work?
If they're not 'bkoach' yet then the answer is the maximum- 4 days.

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 31, 2020, 08:48:36 PM »
If they're not 'bkoach' yet then the answer is the maximum- 4 days.
How long is bgeder not having koach?