Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 478223 times)

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #3100 on: August 31, 2020, 09:27:40 PM »
How long is bgeder not having koach?
Lots of opinions on that.
I think it should be based on how much time you usually take off but some here have voiced opinions of 2 weeks, 1 week, and even as little as 3 days...

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #3101 on: August 31, 2020, 09:28:09 PM »
Lots of opinions on that.
I think it should be based on how much time you usually take off but some here have voiced opinions of 2 weeks, 1 week, and even as little as 3 days...
Are they going to make you take off the same number of days by the next baby? :)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline johnshek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 31, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »
Any update on N.J. back pays?

Anyone got through?

Anyone got paid?

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 31, 2020, 10:40:25 PM »
Are they going to make you take off the same number of days by the next baby? :)
ROTFLOL
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: August 31, 2020, 11:53:29 PM »
Or worse, if second child, compare to how long you took maternity leave by the last one.

Offline 159dallas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: IHG Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, Enterprise EE
« Reply #3105 on: September 01, 2020, 09:55:01 AM »
Any update on N.J. back pays?

Anyone got through?

Anyone got paid?

I got through talked to a rep said they were changing it and to wait 2 weeks (It's been 3 so far )

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: September 01, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »
I got through talked to a rep said they were changing it and to wait 2 weeks (It's been 3 so far )
Are you referring to backdates for instance where one applied 5/1 for a claim of being out of work from 4/1 ?

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: September 01, 2020, 01:49:36 PM »
Any way to reach a tier 3 rep in NY?
Called and got tier 1 and 2 fast but then the wait for tier 3 was 2 hours. Chose option to be called back but they never called.

Perain is trying to get a back pay for 1 week in march. Everything else was fine.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #3108 on: September 01, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »
Wait on hold until they pick up, and hope that you don't get disconnected like I did
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: September 01, 2020, 05:06:16 PM »
Called and got tier 1 and 2 fast but then the wait for tier 3 was 2 hours. Chose option to be called back but they never called.

Perain is trying to get a back pay for 1 week in march. Everything else was fine.

Did you try the Secure Message Center with the certification nusach?

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #3110 on: September 02, 2020, 07:24:32 AM »
Does it make sense that NY did not pay the $600 FPUC for the week ending 3/29/2020?

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: September 02, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
Does it make sense that NY did not pay the $600 FPUC for the week ending 3/29/2020?
Fpuc started on week ending 4/05

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #3112 on: September 02, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
Fpuc started on week ending 4/05

Thanks

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: September 02, 2020, 06:52:22 PM »
Anything new with NY and the 300 lwa?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: September 02, 2020, 06:55:58 PM »
Anything new with NY and the 300 lwa?
Nothing yet.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: September 02, 2020, 07:01:47 PM »
Did you try the Secure Message Center with the certification nusach?
Used the message feature but wasnt successful , what nusach do u mean?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: September 02, 2020, 07:36:59 PM »
Used the message feature but wasnt successful , what nusach do u mean?

No. For the waiting week you'd need to get your Claim Effective Date moved back by a week so that you certify for the first week. Note that when they make a change to your Claim Effective Date you lose your payment history.

Here are the backpay options:

• Call 888-209-8124
  • Message Center: Subject 1- Certifications and Payments, Subject 2- How do I claim benefits for a prior week include the following in your message (most messages receive a bounceback so reply to the bounceback with your message again- this should route it to a live agent)
    Copy, paste and answer 1-6 for each week you are missing benefits. Provide multiple SUNDAY week ending dates/range in first question (ex. 4/05, 5/17-6/14) if weeks have same answers.
    1) End date of week (SUNDAY):
    2) Including self-employment, did you work in that week? If YES, How many days?
    2a) Excluding self-employment, did you earn more than $504?
    3) Were there any days you were not ready, willing or able to work? If YES, How many days?
    4) Did you refuse any job offer or job referral?
    5) Were there any days you were due or received vacation or holiday pay? If YES, How many days?
    6) Were there any days you were outside of the United States, a Territory of the United States, or Canada? If YES, How many days?
  • Fax 518-457-9378
    include questions 1-6 as mentioned above and note the last four digits of your Social Security number on the upper right corner
  • Mail New York State Department of Labor, PO Box 15130, Albany, NY 12212-5130
    include questions 1-6 as mentioned above and note the last four digits of your Social Security number on the upper right corner

2a is Excluding for UI claimants and Including for PUA claimants.

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: September 02, 2020, 11:01:19 PM »
Are you referring to backdates for instance where one applied 5/1 for a claim of being out of work from 4/1 ?
A Rep just called me on Monday - not sure if it was with the help of Smith /Singer or just finally got to me. She said I'll be getting an email (within a few weeks) that will tell me to certify all the weeks including the ones I got paid for as that is how the system is set up for backpay - (this is for applying a month later than the actual unemployment date)

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: September 02, 2020, 11:31:21 PM »
A Rep just called me on Monday - not sure if it was with the help of Smith /Singer or just finally got to me. She said I'll be getting an email (within a few weeks) that will tell me to certify all the weeks including the ones I got paid for as that is how the system is set up for backpay - (this is for applying a month later than the actual unemployment date)
Keep us posted.... and dont take a hard money loan against it.

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: September 02, 2020, 11:36:13 PM »

• is it possible to certify for more than the previous week on the phone line? I wasn’t able to