Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 470619 times)

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #1100 on: May 19, 2020, 11:28:27 AM »
The $0 for your "last week worked" is your waiting week. They haven't paid that out yet, and totally bumbled it by renaming it to "last week worked". That's even more wrong and confusing than "waiting week"...

$159 and $525 is the correct amounts if you're withholding taxes and receiving $182 and $600.

Be on the lookout for an email from the DOL with instructions on how to certify the weeks you missed. Be sure to certify weekly for new weeks to get your benefits released.

Very surprised at the funds you received randomly that are not in your account. Not very like the DOL to do that... were you perhaps waiting for some other state refund? The UI payments should say something like NYS DOL UI if you're getting direct deposit.

I opened a new bank account and I only gave the unemployment office this account number. 
So there is nothing for me to do to get back my passed money except to wait for an email.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 19, 2020, 11:34:54 AM »
I opened a new bank account and I only gave the unemployment office this account number. 
So there is nothing for me to do to get back my passed money except to wait for an email.

They're so messed up...

Correct. Check your spam folder as well.

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 19, 2020, 11:42:41 AM »
Check your messages on the website. You should have a form to fill. I dont think they sent out the backpay yet as I know of another that has the exact same situation as you. They did fill a form out certifying previous weeks. I assume when someone gets a round to it they will manually process that form and send the back pay.

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 19, 2020, 11:50:42 AM »
Did anyone else in NJ wait over 2 weeks for an e-Adjudication? Any way to speed it up? Still nothing!
I never got the e-adjudication email but my number at one point changed from $0 to $231, and I've been able to certify(and get the minimum, for now). So keep checking, even if no email.

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 19, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »
I never got the e-adjudication email but my number at one point changed from $0 to $231, and I've been able to certify(and get the minimum, for now). So keep checking, even if no email.
How long did that take?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 19, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »
Check your messages on the website. You should have a form to fill. I dont think they sent out the backpay yet as I know of another that has the exact same situation as you. They did fill a form out certifying previous weeks. I assume when someone gets a round to it they will manually process that form and send the back pay.

They started processing backpay claims last week. Many already received funds when certifying via the DOL Docusign email.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 19, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »
NY:
If you are applying for PUA with a 1099, Schedule C, F, SE or K, and your income on your Schedule is above $19,500, your Benefit Rate should be above the state minimum of $182.

If you were only awarded a Benefit Rate of $182 when your rate should be higher:

If your application was recently approved, wait for a representative to reach out to you to verify your income.
You will need to provide your 1040 return along with your 1099, Schedule C, F, SE or K. Once they have proof of that, they can readjust your Benefit Rate.

If it has been a while since you were approved, reach out to us at chaiplus1@gmail.com for instructions on how to submit a Request for Reconsideration for your Benefit Rate.

https://twitter.com/ChaiCovid/status/1262773102230089728?s=20

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 19, 2020, 12:02:45 PM »
My friend just got from april 12 thru today 504 and 600 to be released today.
Bh ,in NY.

But they sent it to debit card by mistake. She will deal with that....

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 19, 2020, 12:04:12 PM »
I am trying to help someone in NY. They apply for the first time unemployment benefits this past Friday.  Today when he wanted to rectify for the week, it seems like the website does see that he applied for unemployment. It does not let to certify for the week, only to apply for unemployment.  Should he wait some more days to see if his unemployment claim will be processed and then claim weekly benefits or should he just today reapply for unemployment?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 19, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »
My friend just got from april 12 thru today 504 and 600 to be released today.
Bh ,in NY.

But they sent it to debit card by mistake. She will deal with that....

Bh.
Getting a debit card when signing up for DD is usually an indication that they were unable to verify the bank account.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 19, 2020, 12:05:51 PM »
I am trying to help someone in NY. They apply for the first time unemployment benefits this past Friday.  Today when he wanted to rectify for the week, it seems like the website does see that he applied for unemployment. It does not let to certify for the week, only to apply for unemployment.  Should he wait some more days to see if his unemployment claim will be processed and then claim weekly benefits or should he just today reapply for unemployment?

He will only be able to certify once his claim is approved.
Have him check this link: https://unemployment.labor.ny.gov/ if it says he applied, he shouldn't apply again.

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 19, 2020, 12:20:47 PM »
How long did that take?
A few weeks.

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 19, 2020, 12:23:23 PM »
They started processing backpay claims last week. Many already received funds when certifying via the DOL Docusign email.
What about for the people who filled out the form on dol NY website? There was a form to fill out in messages but no docusign email.

Offline dreaming

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 19, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
He will only be able to certify once his claim is approved.
Have him check this link: https://unemployment.labor.ny.gov/ if it says he applied, he shouldn't apply again.

Thank you. When I used the link that you provided it. shows that the submission is confirmed.  I guess he will have to wait to claim weekly benefits when the system processes his claim.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 19, 2020, 12:29:51 PM »
What about for the people who filled out the form on dol NY website? There was a form to fill out in messages but no docusign email.

I'm on the fence about it... some haven't seen any funds released from those certifications, others saw only some weeks released even though they certified for many weeks.
Not sure if not certifying will trigger the docusign email faster, or if they'll hit a button tomorrow and release all those certified claims.

I guess if you have the option to certify backclaims do so. Somehow feels better than taking no action at all...

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1115 on: May 19, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »
I didn't get either
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 19, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »
I have a question, I hope someone here can help.

I filed a claim a week ago in NJ, being self-employed with a drop in income. I made a mistake on the application, checking off "not employed", as I didn't see an option for self-employed. On Friday, I found out how to properly fill out the application (thanks DDF) and I filed a new claim with the correct info.

My first claim was denied. Should I file an appeal on my first claim (saying that I made a mistake on the application), or will my second application kick in and supersede the first one?
BUMP.

I got a denial letter a month ago. I filed a new claim 3 weeks ago. No response. Status says $0.

How should I proceed?

Offline flatbush guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 19, 2020, 01:43:41 PM »
Baruch Hashem!
Finally see on my ny labor acct that that i have benefit of $182 plus pua
How long has it taken for people to see the deposit?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 19, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
Baruch Hashem!
Finally see on my ny labor acct that that i have benefit of $182 plus FPUC
How long has it taken for people to see the deposit?

1-2 business days from the release date listed.

Offline flatbush guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 19, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »
Thx.