Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 470899 times)

Offline zevi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #1460 on: May 31, 2020, 12:07:53 AM »
how long after that does the Federal money come in?
Still waiting...

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 31, 2020, 12:08:41 AM »
Still waiting...
for the $600/ week?

Offline zevi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 31, 2020, 12:10:32 AM »

Offline cgr

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 31, 2020, 12:16:25 AM »
Oh well! Think it's worth bothering? At this point it is almost 8 weeks since I filed.

Btw I did see a surge in backpay docusign emails over YT. Checked spam folder?

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1464 on: May 31, 2020, 12:33:23 AM »
Btw I did see a surge in backpay docusign emails over YT. Checked spam folder?
Nothing in spam :( thanks though!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Pupashtetl

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 31, 2020, 12:48:15 AM »
I got an email from NJ unemployment that I was approved for PUA. The instructions are to certify Sunday May 31 in my half-hour time slot. However when I open the link - the list of Social security numbers shows that my time is Thursday not Sunday.
Any advice how to proceed with this?

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 31, 2020, 01:41:19 AM »
I got an email from NJ unemployment that I was approved for PUA. The instructions are to certify Sunday May 31 in my half-hour time slot. However when I open the link - the list of Social security numbers shows that my time is Thursday not Sunday.
Any advice how to proceed with this?
Yes - certify on Thursday during your time slot.

Offline bingit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 31, 2020, 01:56:23 AM »
My wife has a speech agency which is a llc...right now there is no work so she filed for unemployment, I assume it falls under PUA? Last week she got an email from NJDOL with a form wanting more information, but the questions are all about who her boss is & how much she gets paid etc..then today I got email from DOL that we are approved for PUA but on website it still says $0 by benifts? Am I supposed to fill out the application that I received? & How do I fill it out of she is her own boss & she doesn't receive a weekly paystub?

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 31, 2020, 02:55:07 AM »
how long after that does the Federal money come in?
In NJ, my wife has to certify on Wednesday. The regular UI comes through usually on Thursday or Friday, and the $600 usually on Monday or Tuesday of the following week.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 31, 2020, 08:51:58 AM »
In NJ, my wife has to certify on Wednesday. The regular UI comes through usually on Thursday or Friday, and the $600 usually on Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
Thanks!

Offline kishke

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 31, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »
I applied on NY, for some odd reason my password wasn’t entered correctly,
I tried 2-3 times, I had to answer 3 security questions, which I did answer right,
But I’m still locked out, n have to call The unemployment office. I did certify twice over the phone.
It’s impossible to get thru to them, any other way, I can have access to my online page? I tried to entail them, but I must b signed in to do so
Can anyone help me?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 31, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
I tried 2-3 times, I had to answer 3 security questions, which I did answer right,
But I’m still locked out, n have to call The unemployment office. I did certify twice over the phone.
It’s impossible to get thru to them, any other way, I can have access to my online page? I tried to entail them, but I must b signed in to do so
Can anyone help me?

Try a password reset? The online account (username/password) isn’t specific to DOL, it’s for many NYS government agencies.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1472 on: May 31, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »
Try a password reset? The online account (username/password) isn’t specific to DOL, it’s for many NYS government agencies.
+1 and I think there was a different phone # to call for help
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 31, 2020, 01:51:44 PM »
Can anyone help me?

This might help: https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/pdf/guide-1.pdf

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 31, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »
For certification corrections only option is a phone call.
Anyone successful at this in NJ?

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 31, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
Ny
How long is the average wait time to receive the benefits  debit card? Had one sent out may 22 and still didn't receive.
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 31, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »
Ny
How long is the average wait time to receive the benefits  debit card? Had one sent out may 22 and still didn't receive.

According to the DOL you should receive your debit card in the third week of your claim. (https://www.labor.ny.gov/debitcard/faq.shtm)
You can call the issuing bank (KeyBank Customer Service) at (866) 295-2955.

Offline maxie m

• View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 31, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
According to the DOL you should receive your debit card in the third week of your claim. (https://www.labor.ny.gov/debitcard/faq.shtm)
You can call the issuing bank (KeyBank Customer Service) at (866) 295-2955.
thanks!
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 31, 2020, 05:18:31 PM »
Found this upthread- apparently it's been discussed:

So to sum it up:
If you usually get paid for 12 months and are laid off, you're eligible during summertime even if you're going back in September.
If you usually get paid for 10 months and are laid off, you're eligible during summertime as long as you don't have a definite job in September.

Clarifications to the above regarding educational employees in NY:

If the contract is for 12 months and you are not laid off over the summer, you cannot collect UI over the summer.
If the contract is for 10 months and you have assurances for a job in September, you cannot collect UI over the summer. https://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/school-personnel-faq.shtm#3
If the contract is for 12 months and you are laid off (including the summer), you can collect UI even if you are assured to go back in September.
If the contract is for 10 months and you haven't been given an offer for September, you can collect UI over the summer. (If you haven't been told anything but you can expect to have a job you aren't eligible right now, but can claim retroactively if you end up not having one in September.) https://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/school-personnel-faq.shtm#6

One thing to note. It's all about the contract and not about the payments. If you have a 10 month contract but get paid over 12 months, you can collect UI if your contract is over even if you are still receiving payments over the next 2 months, assuming you have been told that you don't have a job for September. https://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/school-personnel-faq.shtm#12

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 31, 2020, 08:04:00 PM »
Did anyone have success claiming backpay in NJ? If yes, how?

Did anyone have success back-dating a claim in NJ to a date prior to "date of claim" ?

If yes, how?