Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 470627 times)

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #3280 on: October 06, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »
Ftr I know of someone that just got back pay from time between unemployment and application... so there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel...

Edit: in NJ
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:59:08 PM by joe1234 »

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 06, 2020, 05:21:59 PM »
Anyone in Jersey get the extra 300 yet

They don't have a certification system for it yet.

Offline flyingace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 06, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
Ftr I know of someone that just got back pay from time between unemployment and application... so there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel...
NJ?

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 06, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »
NJ?
Yes I forgot that small detail...

Offline aro123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 06, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: October 06, 2020, 08:06:18 PM »
did he request it?
A couple of months back he requested it and now all of a sudden he got it.

Offline Luvisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 06, 2020, 10:05:07 PM »
A couple of months back he requested it and now all of a sudden he got it.
Do you know which processs he used to request it?

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 06, 2020, 10:13:04 PM »
Do you know which processs he used to request it?
i think one of the numbers of unemployment, possibly the one that calls you back, but dont think he went through the congressman...

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 06, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »
Just received the following e-Adjudication email (NJ).
We stopped certifying for unemployment benefits over a month ago.
The only outstanding issues are 1)benefits from date of unemployment to date of claim 2)and the extra $300 for 3 weeks.
What's this about?
This is an automatically generated email.  This inbox is not monitored and any emails received will not be responded to.

**If you had a monetary appointment scheduled for a phone hearing, this email has replaced that appointment, and you will not be called on the scheduled day/time. Please submit all necessary information through the form link below.**

Our records indicate additional information is required for one or more of the listed employers on your unemployment claim, which must be addressed before any benefits can be paid to you. Your response to this monetary questionnaire constitutes your full statement for your monetary appointment. It will be used to decide if you meet the requirements for a valid claim. Provide complete and detailed information with supporting documentation when possible. Once you have submitted your questionnaire, you cannot make any changes.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 06, 2020, 11:25:03 PM »
You got back pay for all the previous paid weeks?
No. Requested it via phone, waiting now.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3291 on: October 06, 2020, 11:38:17 PM »
Just received the following e-Adjudication email (NJ).
We stopped certifying for unemployment benefits over a month ago.
The only outstanding issues are 1)benefits from date of unemployment to date of claim 2)and the extra $300 for 3 weeks.
What's this about?
This is an automatically generated email.  This inbox is not monitored and any emails received will not be responded to.

**If you had a monetary appointment scheduled for a phone hearing, this email has replaced that appointment, and you will not be called on the scheduled day/time. Please submit all necessary information through the form link below.**

Our records indicate additional information is required for one or more of the listed employers on your unemployment claim, which must be addressed before any benefits can be paid to you. Your response to this monetary questionnaire constitutes your full statement for your monetary appointment. It will be used to decide if you meet the requirements for a valid claim. Provide complete and detailed information with supporting documentation when possible. Once you have submitted your questionnaire, you cannot make any changes.
See one page back.   I had the same
#TYH

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 07, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »
See one page back.   I had the same
Yeah, it was to adjust my WBR from the minimum $231.
Still no word on backpay from 3/18 through 4/1 and nothing on the extra $300 for late July/early August.

Offline cgr

• View Profile

Offline Jack345

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 11, 2020, 09:01:03 PM »
I certified for unemployment late Thursday and my payment still wasn't released, is this normal?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 12, 2020, 12:31:45 AM »
I certified for unemployment late Thursday and my payment still wasn't released, is this normal?

Payments aren't processed over the weekend and this week is a bank holiday so don't expect anything before Tuesday/Wednesday.

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 12, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »
Does anyone still file in nys after the $600-$300 is already gone? If I miss calling in one week how can I get back?
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 12, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 12, 2020, 02:58:00 PM »
Like others here I got this below email my question is whether I am required to fill out this form and if not should I fill it out meaning do I have anything to lose?  Since late July and early August I no longer filed for unemployment benefits(PUA) and am self employed with 2019 taxes filed showing on line 31 1040 schedule C approx $3600.  I received the minimum amount I think $231 per week from like April to July is there any point in completing this form?

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, 03:03:19 AM EDT, e-Adjudication <newjerseyunemploymentbenefits-donotreply@dol.nj.gov> wrote:

The NJ Division of Unemployment recently sent you an email requesting further information about your eligibility for unemployment benefits.  This is a reminder to complete that form.

To access the form, click on the link below.  If you fail to submit your form, your claim may remain invalid.

It is possible you may receive multiple emails with a link to a questionnaire that must be filled out. Please follow the link for each email, and fill out all questionnaires sent to you.

Please note: Your form has not been submitted until you click the Submit button on the Certify & Submit page. If you are receiving this email, it means you have not submitted your form. Please follow the link below to complete your form.

Link Expiration Date: 10/24/2020

Information is required to determine if your PUA rate may be increased above the PUA minimum ($231). Please answer all questions on this form.

Supporting documentation is required or your claim will remain at the minimum rate.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 03:02:42 PM by davidd75 »

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 12, 2020, 04:08:32 PM »
What is the max amount of weeks you can get PUI for?