Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 470946 times)

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #3500 on: December 04, 2020, 12:02:14 PM »
Same. Not to make you jealous, though, but sometimes a few weeks after I send a message, I get a useless response...

Lol! I got 1 such useless response about 2 weeks ago (also a few weeks after my sent message), but that doesn't count so to me it was like getting no answer 😁.

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: December 04, 2020, 12:50:56 PM »
Is there any way to check online what I received for all the weeks or I need to check the emails ?
I thought I can figure it out through the emails but it looks like I can’t. What’s the best way to figure out which weeks I claimed ploy for on my previous claim ? (Now, being that I got backpay it’s a new claim) Are they supposed to send me something in the mail ? I never got anything.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 04, 2020, 12:51:17 PM »
Nj

Offline 4yourinfo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: December 05, 2020, 11:29:26 PM »
I thought I can figure it out through the emails but it looks like I can’t. What’s the best way to figure out which weeks I claimed ploy for on my previous claim ? (Now, being that I got backpay it’s a new claim) Are they supposed to send me something in the mail ? I never got anything.
If you're claiming backpay I'm pretty sure they told you on the phone call that you are supposed to claim all the weeks including the weeks paid - you will get a letter in the mail claiming overpayment or something like that.
Btw when were you promised this email?  Trying to figure out for myself if that email will ever come through...

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: December 05, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »
If you're claiming backpay I'm pretty sure they told you on the phone call that you are supposed to claim all the weeks including the weeks paid - you will get a letter in the mail claiming overpayment or something like that.
Btw when were you promised this email?  Trying to figure out for myself if that email will ever come through...
I didn’t claim all the weeks in my first claim. I skipped some weeks. (I put in I made 999) I didn’t make clear documentation on which weeks I did that. I’m trying to figure that out.

I was promised the email like a 5 weeks ago and I got the email about 1 week ago.

Offline 4yourinfo

• View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 06, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »
I didn’t claim all the weeks in my first claim. I skipped some weeks. (I put in I made 999) I didn’t make clear documentation on which weeks I did that. I’m trying to figure that out.

I was promised the email like a 5 weeks ago and I got the email about 1 week ago.
I guess there's no order..

Offline 4yourinfo

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: December 07, 2020, 09:14:50 PM »
I guess there's no order..
An update (NJ) Got the Back Pay email! Was it because of Smith's office (which I spoke to last week and told them the follow up email never came) or they just finally got to it can't tell you...

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: December 07, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »
An update (NJ) Got the Back Pay email! Was it because of Smith's office (which I spoke to last week and told them the follow up email never came) or they just finally got to it can't tell you...
What’s the number to smiths office?

Offline 4yourinfo

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: December 07, 2020, 10:31:58 PM »
What’s the number to smiths office?
I would send an email to chrissmithhelps@mail.house.gov they need to send a consent form and they follow up from there

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: December 10, 2020, 03:29:05 PM »
If someone is unemployed for 5 months (self employed) but in middle he had work for 2 weeks so he didn’t get money, will he need to reapply for unemployment or he can continue certifying with the same application ?

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: December 10, 2020, 03:30:27 PM »
If someone is unemployed for 5 months (self employed) but in middle he had work for 2 weeks so he didn’t get money, will he need to reapply for unemployment or he can continue certifying with the same application ?

In most states claims stay active for the entire Benefit Year, and you can claim on and off as needed.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: December 10, 2020, 03:47:22 PM »
In most states claims stay active for the entire Benefit Year, and you can claim on and off as needed.
In NJ I claimed I made money for 2 weeks and then the next week I claimed I got a message “Your claim not payable at this time”

Offline skv

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: December 10, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
In NJ I claimed I made money for 2 weeks and then the next week I claimed I got a message “Your claim not payable at this time”

You need to read the instructions before certifying. It tells you to reopen your claim if you won't be reporting earnings the next week.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: December 10, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
You need to read the instructions before certifying. It tells you to reopen your claim if you won't be reporting earnings the next week.
I don’t understand. When do I need to do that ? And where is that option ?

Offline skv

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: December 10, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
I don’t understand. When do I need to do that ? And where is that option ?

You go to "Reopen an Existing Claim" under the menu bar that says "If you already filed a claim".
You can do it now, but once you didn't do it right away, it may take several weeks/and or a phone call till it reopens. You should still claim every week in the meantime.
For the future, if it happens again that you work for only a week or two, make sure to reopen the claim in advance before the week begins. For example, if your day to claim benefits is on Wednesday, then claim your benefits as usual on Wednesday and report what you earned the week before. Then anytime after that but before 11:59 pm on Saturday, reopen the claim for the following week.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 10, 2020, 06:26:19 PM »
You go to "Reopen an Existing Claim" under the menu bar that says "If you already filed a claim".
You can do it now, but once you didn't do it right away, it may take several weeks/and or a phone call till it reopens. You should still claim every week in the meantime.
For the future, if it happens again that you work for only a week or two, make sure to reopen the claim in advance before the week begins. For example, if your day to claim benefits is on Wednesday, then claim your benefits as usual on Wednesday and report what you earned the week before. Then anytime after that but before 11:59 pm on Saturday, reopen the claim for the following week.
Wow never knew this. Thanx.
I’m certifying for backpay now so I have a new claim now. Is there a way for me to certify week 1, skip weeks 2 and 3 and then certify for week 4 etc all in one day ?

Offline skv

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: December 11, 2020, 01:21:33 PM »
Wow never knew this. Thanx.
I’m certifying for backpay now so I have a new claim now. Is there a way for me to certify week 1, skip weeks 2 and 3 and then certify for week 4 etc all in one day ?

I've been wondering that. I haven't personally come across it, so I don't know.
Let us know what happens....

Offline bingit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: December 15, 2020, 01:44:29 PM »
sorry if this was asked a bunch of times already. has anyone in NJ received any money for backpay? and how do i go about claiming money for backpay? in NJ. Thanks!!

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: December 15, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »
sorry if this was asked a bunch of times already. has anyone in NJ received any money for backpay? and how do i go about claiming money for backpay? in NJ. Thanks!!
A acquaintance of mine said he called and they said every time he calls (and gets ahold of someone) it'll get push up a bit. The issue is he can never actually get ahold of someone when he calls.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline bluesky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: December 15, 2020, 11:37:30 PM »
Are any programs expiring today, the 15th?