Topic Wiki

Thank you @cgr for all your efforts on behalf of everyone here.
If anyone would like to show her appreciation, click here: https://bit.ly/3fS4yDE
For the record, she has no idea that I am posting this.

!WHEN ASKING A QUESTION POST YOUR LOCATION OR OTHERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ASSIST!

You are eligible for the $600 weekly FPUC payment if you are on any sort of unemployment, including PUA and partial unemployment. This is available for claims dated 3/28/20-7/31/20. The federal supplement does not affect eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP. It does affect SNAP and TANF.

If you filed for UI more than a week after your layoff date, you are eligible for backpay.

The obligatory waiting week has been waived, so your claim will process with a date a week earlier than what you apply for, to account for the waiting week waiver.

NY
There is a streamlined application process so that all applicants complete the same form, regardless of which program they'll eventually be eligible for.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
If you are assigned the minimum rate of $182 when it should be higher based on your income, complete this form, fax it in, then send it again via the message center (Subject1: "Benefit Rate and Monetary Determination" Subject2: "Some of my wages are missing or incorrect") so that they definitely got it. Your rate should be adjusted in less than a week. You are also entitled to get your updated rate on all prior weeks.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if you're working 3 days or less, and earning $504/weekly or less. The DOL deducts 25% of your base rate for every day that you work. (You receive 100% of your rate if you don't work at all, 75% if you work 1 day, 50% if you work 2 days, and 25% if you work 3 days).
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
The NY DOL is using Docusign to allow claimants to file backpay. You should receive an email from the DOL with instructions. The email subject is "Action Required - NYS DOL Certification for Back Week Payments". This might end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check that as well.
If you don't receive this email or you don't want to wait, call the NY DOL and speak to an agent to certify for backpay over the phone.
It takes a little less than a week from when you complete backdated certifications until your claims are processed and funds are released.
$0 Benefit Determination:
Email @cgr for instructions on a fix for this issue

You can email @cgr at chaiplus1@gmail.com for help with any unemployment questions.

NJ
Apply here.
PUA:
Unemployment for the self-employed. Acceptable proof of income includes prior year tax returns, 1099, P&L, bank statements and more. You will most likely be approved for standard UI even if you're an independent contractor, if you had W2 employment within the last 18 months.
At this point it looks like claimants are still being given $231- the minimum PUA rate- regardless of prior income.
You are also eligible for PUA if you landed a job but where unable to start due to the pandemic. You need an employment offer that was then rescinded to prove this.
PUA is available for a total of 46 weeks from 02/02/20-12/31/20.
Partial UI:
You can apply for partial UI if your hours have been reduced by 20% or more. You'll be allowed to earn an additional 20% above your rate determination. Your earnings will then be deducted from your rate, and you'll receive the balance as your UI payment.
PEUC:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 13 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks. This benefit is available through 12/31/20.
Extended Benefits:
For those on regular unemployment- you will receive an additional 20 weeks of benefits after you've exhausted your initial 26 weeks and your PEUC weeks. This makes for a total of 59 weeks that you can possible receive unemployment benefits. This benefit is available as long as the state's unemployment rate is high.
Requesting Backpay:
You can request backpay if you are lucky enough to get through to an agent.

Here is a guide for NJ residents from the LRRC.
« Last edited by cgr on November 27, 2020, 09:48:37 AM »

Author Topic: Unemployment Help  (Read 470755 times)

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Unemployment Help
« Reply #3620 on: December 31, 2020, 11:19:32 PM »
Anyone have any new tips on getting through to NJ DOL?
Tried the government offices, calling right when they opened, and calling the whole day. Am I missing any ideas?
Have not been able to certify at all for the past 6 months, never mind the extra $300 per week
Don't try on a Monday.. call 732-761-2021 I've gotten through multiple times like 930 in the morning.. I like this number cause it goes direct either it says due to the high..and you huca or it says all agents are busy please hold - and your in - don't take up the offer for a call back - you loose your place in line may get a call back in a few days...

Offline bluesky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 01, 2021, 01:45:11 AM »
Don't try on a Monday.. call 732-761-2021 I've gotten through multiple times like 930 in the morning.. I like this number cause it goes direct either it says due to the high..and you huca or it says all agents are busy please hold - and your in - don't take up the offer for a call back - you loose your place in line may get a call back in a few days...
Any similar tips for the NY DOL? Phone number/FAX/or way to send a message?

Online cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: January 01, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »
2021 WBA for NJ claims (filed in 2021):

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: January 01, 2021, 01:02:22 PM »
2021 WBA for NJ claims (filed in 2021):

So for claims filed in 2020, they stay at the max of $713 indefinitely?

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: January 01, 2021, 01:05:20 PM »
So for claims filed in 2020, they stay at the max of $713 indefinitely?
Claims are good for one year, so they stay at $713 for one year.
I'm not sure yet but I'm also going to assume that those who exhaust their benefit year before exhausting their benefit weeks and need to file a new claim but it's based on the data from the prior claim, will also stay at $713.

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: January 04, 2021, 02:53:43 PM »
How much $$ can one earn and not lose unemployment? (P/T work for 1 day a week)

Based on the wiki if earn $500 for 1 day work still eligible to receive 75% (504+300-.25=$603?)

TY

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: January 04, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
How much $$ can one earn and not lose unemployment? (P/T work for 1 day a week)

Based on the wiki if earn $500 for 1 day work still eligible to receive 75% (504+300-.25=$603?)

TY
Assuming NY:
$300 payment is flat as long as you get $1 in UI so if your WBA is $504 and you work one day and earn less than $504 (gross) a week:
$504*25%= $126
$504-$126= $378
$378+$300=$678

Offline yidela

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: January 06, 2021, 11:11:54 AM »
Per the letter of the law all PUA applications not submitted either by 12/26 midnight or 12/27 exactly when the President signed, can now only be backdated to December 1, 2020. It remains to be seen how soon states will actually implement this rule change.
My Friend still wanted to start a Claim, Did he missed it?

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: January 06, 2021, 11:17:23 AM »
My Friend still wanted to start a Claim, Did he missed it?
He can claim as of 12/1/20- not earlier.

Offline est

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: January 06, 2021, 11:56:46 AM »
There is an email upthread for congressman smith - it is not really a public email and the office was questioning where I got it...whoever posted it should prob remove it.
But the office did claim they would try to help me get my rate changed...just there’s a dif email that was supposed to be used.
They also said that in order for them to help me I had to have already contacted my congressman and/or governor....

Offline chbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:45 PM »
Signing up for unemployment in ny they are saying that you already have an account and to use the other username. I have a business user name and when I try using that it tells me to use my personal information and it keeps going in circles.

Anyone have any info or tips on this?
Thanks

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:24 PM »

Offline yidela

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:18 PM »
He can claim as of 12/1/20- not earlier.
You tried already or Know some 1 who tried starting a new Claim & it didn't let it go prior to that date?

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: January 06, 2021, 06:58:18 PM »
You tried already or Know some 1 who tried starting a new Claim & it didn't let it go prior to that date?

Yep. All claims filed from Thursday and on had an 11/30/20 effective date, regardless what was entered.

Offline Pupashtetl

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: January 11, 2021, 02:52:21 PM »
How do I backclaim old unclaimed weeks in New York?

Offline miles lover

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: January 11, 2021, 10:19:34 PM »
If you get an email from e-Adjudication asking for tax documents, do you need to fill out the form even if your not eligible for more then the minimum state amount ? (NJ)

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: January 13, 2021, 09:11:55 PM »
I got an email tonight with a 1099 for unemployment benefits.

Filing your 2020 taxes

You are responsible for paying federal income taxes on any New Jersey Unemployment Insurance benefits you received in 2020. The attached file (1099-G) includes the amount of unemployment benefits you collected and what amount, if any, was withheld from your benefits for tax purposes.

If you received Unemployment Insurance, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation or Extended Benefits, you may have chosen to withhold 10% of your benefits for tax purposes. That option was not available for the supplemental $600 Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) or $300 FEMA Lost Wages Assistance payments. You are responsible for paying any required federal taxes on any unemployment compensation payments you received in 2020.

The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development has provided information on the benefits you collected, which is contained on your 1099-G tax statement attached, to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by federal law.

If you receive this email but did not receive unemployment insurance compensation payments in 2020, you may be the victim of identity theft. Please report your case of suspected fraud as soon as possible online at https://www.nj.gov/labor/aboutlwd/index.shtml#fraud or by calling our fraud hotline at 609-777-4304

For additional information on taxes and unemployment compensation, please visit https://www.myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/myunemployment/before/about/howtoapply/taxes.shtml

To explore our benefits and job protections navigator, visit https://getstarted.nj.gov/labor/

For an online resource to help find meaningful work, visit the New Jersey Career Network: https://njcareers.org/

Online cgr

• View Profile

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: January 15, 2021, 11:14:30 AM »
What does ?s=19 stand for?

It’s part of the twitter URL (web address) that the DDF plugin that translates the link into an embedded tweet doesn’t handle correctly. Disregard it.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael