Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101325 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Trump looked at this as just the flu, 15 will be 0, it will blow over, a D hoax and the list goes on. This was into late February. Everyone on FOX made fun of this. FOX is where he gets his info from. R's made fun of it on the house floor. Now everyone wants to rewrite history.

&feature=youtu.be

I agree with you about a lot of people on here drinking the Kool-Aid. But when you spew things like this, you're drinking the same drink, just different flavor.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
I agree with you about a lot of people on here drinking the Kool-Aid. But when you spew things like this, you're drinking the same drink, just different flavor.
As my friend Chaim Moscowitz used to say, "ding ding ding"

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Some are trying to rewrite history. Not going to let that happen. Listen to Trumps own words. I guess they can claim he didn't say that just like Trump did when the reporter read his exact quote and he called it fake news.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
As my friend Chaim Moscowitz used to say, "ding ding ding"

CM had friends?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
CM had friends?
Friends, slaves, it's all the same.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Some are trying to rewrite history. Not going to let that happen. Listen to Trumps own words. I guess they can claim he didn't say that just like Trump did when the reporter read his exact quote and he called it fake news.
I don't know what you are referring to with the reporter, but context matters.

Among those trying to re-write history is YOU! You are making it a Fox issue and that is simply a LIE as shown above.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I don't know what you are referring to with the reporter, but context matters.
He's probably talking about that thing a few days ago (maybe last week?) where that CNN reporter accused Trump of something, then read his full quote proving that Trump actually said the opposite of what he accused him of.

Online aygart

• View Profile
He's probably talking about that thing a few days ago (maybe last week?) where that CNN reporter accused Trump of something, then read his full quote proving that Trump actually said the opposite of what he accused him of.
Ahh makes sense.

Offline whYME

• View Profile
Um, isn't that the most important question here?
The only real problem here is if the CDC came to Trump and said "this is gonna be bad, we need to do xyz to prepare" and he told them to stand down.

I like how he put it:
[tweet]1245710045242777600[/tweet]

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Completely incompetent in a time of crisis. They can't even get a simple thing like masks right.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-set-to-urge-americans-to-wear-face-coverings-when-outside/ar-BB125M6I?&ocid=spartanntp

Offline whYME

• View Profile
Completely incompetent in a time of crisis. They can't even get a simple thing like masks right.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-set-to-urge-americans-to-wear-face-coverings-when-outside/ar-BB125M6I?&ocid=spartanntp
But Adams on Wednesday said that the administration was rethinking its guidance. "We've asked the CDC to take another look at whether or not having more people wear masks will prevent transmission of the disease to other people," Adams said on ABC's "Good Morning America."
I assume your problem here is that the administration should just trust that  the CDC has been right and should not have them reexamine whether their recommendations until now have been correct?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped

Pause. Again, I ask you: who has been doing it better? Show me a politician responsible for anything during this crisis, anywhere in the world, and I will show you incompetence.

I don't like the man. He's vile. But this is not on him. Could he have done better? 100%. But break down what he has said vs the CDC, WHO, and other world leaders, and you'll find them all guilty of the same things.

Online aygart

• View Profile

Which one do want him to do? Listen to experts or not?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Pause. Again, I ask you: who has been doing it better? Show me a politician responsible for anything during this crisis, anywhere in the world, and I will show you incompetence.

I don't like the man. He's vile. But this is not on him. Could he have done better? 100%. But break down what he has said vs the CDC, WHO, and other world leaders, and you'll find them all guilty of the same things.
It seems your yard stick is what other countries are doing. Other countries have done a better job than us. You are not aware of this.
States have enacted measures before the administration has. You are not aware of this.
Any past president would have listen to their experts and not FOX news talking heads.
What expert in the WH advised Trump we could put the nation back to work on Easter or was this all him? No past president would have made such a reckless statement.

This is the thread for blunders. I also started a thread for things he did right.

But officer they are speeding to is no defense. Not only is it not a defense but is an admission of failure.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
For the love of G-d, give me a name!!

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
For the love of G-d, give me a name!!
Country - South Korea
State - Newsom

Online aygart

• View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
Country - South Korea
State - Newsom

Full disclosure: I didn't know enough details of either South Korea or California's response, so I did some quick research. This is was I found. (Cue SVU's "dun-dun")

Let's start with South Korea. It's a country roughly the size of Pennsylvania, surrounded by water on 3 sides, and a closed, militarized border with North Korea on the fourth. The entire country has 3 international airports. It has a national government with complete control over the entire country, including any provincial or local governments. There is a zero-tolerance policy for violating the 2 week self-isolation rule, with punishments of up to 1 year in prison, fines of 10 million won, and deportation for foreign passport holders. In the beginning, South Korea controlled the potential spread of COVID-19 by using high-tech resources like tracking the use of credit cards and checking CCTV footage of confirmed patients. It is common for offices, hotels, and other large buildings to use thermal image cameras in order to identify people with fevers. Oh, and their president initially ignored the Korean Medical Association's request to ban travelers, first from Hubei Province, and then from all of China.

Conclusion: They definitely handled this better than most, but not without their follies. They are also playing by a very different set of rules. I don't know much about you, but I know enough to safely assume you're not ok with the government checking out the spending habits of the goy who turns on your faucet. There's not much to learn here that can be applied to the USA, regardless of who is in office.

California issued a state of emergency on March 4th. On March 12th, Newsom banned gatherings of more than 250 people, and said health experts advised that smaller gathering could be held if organizers implemented social distancing of 6 feet (sounds super realistic). On March 19th, Newsom issued a stay-at-home order, but said that he doesn’t believe that law enforcement actions are required to convince Californians to follow the order. “People will self-regulate their behavior, they’ll begin to adjust and adapt,” he said. “We will have social pressure that will encourage people to do the right thing.” "Noted" law professor Noah Feldman (of impeachment inquiry fame) lambasted Newsom's order in an opinion piece for Bloomberg, saying, "The order, as it stands, is incoherent at best and outrageous at worst." It's enforcement has been widely panned by the media, as beaches, parks, and other public areas have been saturated with high volumes of people. As of April 2nd, California has a backlog of 64% of tests pending, with people waiting up to 12 days for results. They currently have as many cases as Canada and Austria, with slightly higher death rates (2.2% vs 1.4-1.5%). (If I was media, I would have written that as "death rates 40-55% higher!") It should be noted that Governor Newsom twice praised President Trump for his handling of the virus; once with regards to the cruise ships, and another regarding emergency funds. Newsom said, “He said everything that I could have hoped for. Every single thing he said they followed through on.”

Conclusion: I'm not sure what you see here...

My point stands.

ETA: Newsom said yesterday that he sees the pandemic as an opportunity to reshape government to shift towards a new, progressive agenda. Yep, a real role model.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-newsom-coronavirus-opportunity-progressive-agenda
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:23:51 PM by Lurker »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
My point stands.
You just spun it into what you wanted. You ask to name one and I did. The point is SK has done a better job than the US. 
We are on the same trajectory as Italy which has failed.
They are talking about 100k to 240k deaths and you act like no one could do better.

This is the same logic that got us this idiot in the first. Just listen to him speak. He is clueless with what is going on. He claimed today that a scarf is as good or better than a mask. How can you possibly think anyone with a once of common sense could not do better.