Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 29441 times)

Online Lurker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
The sad thing is they were most likely right about it being propaganda to the media.

If you want to argue that this was a case of "even a stopped clock is right twice a day," and this time they happened to have been right, I can accept that. But does anyone here believe that had Trump been taking it seriously and been all gung-ho about fighting it these very same media would not have been the ones downplaying it and accusing him of overreacting?

I think it was a no-win for Trump (or any leader).

If you take extreme measures right away and minimize the death toll, you over-reacted. "We would have beaten this thing anyway because our healthcare system, or (insert other country) only got it bad because they did x wrong, or ...(insert excuse here). Now our economy is a mess. This guy isn't fit to lead. He's too reactionary."

If you don't react quick enough, you're an idiot who either listens to his advisers too much or not enough, you're a murderer with blood on your hands, you're the reason for all bad things, you're not fit to lead because (insert accusation here).

There is no happy ending for anyone here. You will always be second-guessed while you're acting, and judged after the fact by everyone wearing 20/20 hindsight glasses.
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
It doesn't matter that you're right. What matters is what actually happened and what cost people's lives.

Exactly. All that shows are how Trump's obsession with his media coverage can cost lives.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
I think it was a no-win for Trump (or any leader).

If you take extreme measures right away and minimize the death toll, you over-reacted. "We would have beaten this thing anyway because our healthcare system, or (insert other country) only got it bad because they did x wrong, or ...(insert excuse here). Now our economy is a mess. This guy isn't fit to lead. He's too reactionary."

If you don't react quick enough, you're an idiot who either listens to his advisers too much or not enough, you're a murderer with blood on your hands, you're the reason for all bad things, you're not fit to lead because (insert accusation here).

There is no happy ending for anyone here. You will always be second-guessed while you're acting, and judged after the fact by everyone wearing 20/20 hindsight glasses.

Right, which is why it helps to have a leader that cares more about keeping people alive than good approval ratings. Alas, such people are hard to come by.
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Online whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Right, which is why it helps to have a leader that cares more about keeping people alive than good approval ratings. Alas, such people are hard to come by.
Conversely, it would help to have a media that cares more about keeping people alive than ratings and political agendas. Alas, such people are hard to come by.

Online Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped

Which is why I'm still waiting for an answer to this...

Can anyone show me a politician who has handled this properly, in a way that didn't cost any lives? I don't know why we keep pointing fingers, as if anyone else did it (or is doing it) right.
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Trump looked at this as just the flu, 15 will be 0, it will blow over, a D hoax and the list goes on. This was into late February. Everyone on FOX made fun of this. FOX is where he gets his info from. R's made fun of it on the house floor. Now everyone wants to rewrite history.

&feature=youtu.be
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Online whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Trump looked at this as just the flu, 15 will be 0, it will blow over, a D hoax and the list goes on.
Probably because he decided to take these guys seriously for once

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
Trump looked at this as just the flu, 15 will be 0, it will blow over, a D hoax and the list goes on. This was into late February. Everyone on FOX made fun of this. FOX is where he gets his info from. R's made fun of it on the house floor. Now everyone wants to rewrite history.

&feature=youtu.be

It was only right wingers who got things wrong.
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline aygart

• View Profile

This is #Fakenews fed by those who like knocking Fox. Like everywhere else, it depended on each individual host. Some were serious about it from the get-go. Others, of course, were dismissive.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/10836822-181/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/greg-gutfeld-demands-retraction-after-reporter-claims-the-five-didnt-take-coronavirus-seriously

Offline aygart

• View Profile
LOL someone is obsessed. reposting a video someone else posted not just once but twice.

&feature=youtu.be
&feature=youtu.be
I think the truth is pretty much out there if you just look back at the official announcements coming out for the past 2 months. Digging deeper won't be pretty though.

Online Lurker

• View Profile

&feature=youtu.be

I agree with you about a lot of people on here drinking the Kool-Aid. But when you spew things like this, you're drinking the same drink, just different flavor.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
I agree with you about a lot of people on here drinking the Kool-Aid. But when you spew things like this, you're drinking the same drink, just different flavor.
As my friend Chaim Moscowitz used to say, "ding ding ding"

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Some are trying to rewrite history. Not going to let that happen. Listen to Trumps own words. I guess they can claim he didn't say that just like Trump did when the reporter read his exact quote and he called it fake news.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
As my friend Chaim Moscowitz used to say, "ding ding ding"

CM had friends?
My barber needs your support, hes a real sweetheart.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-our-barber-shop

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
CM had friends?
Friends, slaves, it's all the same.