Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101314 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Better late than never but how many lives will it cost? Why are the holdouts R's?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alabama-joins-states-under-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order/ar-BB12bcDX?ocid=spartanntp
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Speaking of stupid Rs
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1246489279091691521

We are being led by idiots. It's bipartisan idiocy. Just stop with D 'n R stuff and let it die.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Speaking of stupid Rs
We are being led by idiots. It's bipartisan idiocy. Just stop with D 'n R stuff and let it die.
Maybe those who are using other idiots to try and explain all the blunders the WH made should stop?

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
Maybe those who are using other idiots to try and explain all the blunders the WH made should stop?
Maybe those who are blaming party affiliation for blunders should stop. I've literally posted on this forum that I believe Trump will come out of this with blood on his hands. Your obsession, however, is almost certainly doing *you* harm. Relax, drink something good, and talk about something else.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Maybe those who are blaming party affiliation for blunders should stop. I've literally posted on this forum that I believe Trump will come out of this with blood on his hands. Your obsession, however, is almost certainly doing *you* harm. Relax, drink something good, and talk about something else.
I am blaming Trump for the WH blunders. You really think I care if he is a R or D?

I find it odd you giving me advice about obsessions doing more harm than good.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
I am blaming Trump for the WH blunders. You really think I care if he is a R or D?

There's an old chassidic expression that usually people speak about themselves when their true intent is to speak about others. At a farbrengen (do you know that one?), one speaks to others, but is referring to oneself. Today is a farbrengen day.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
At a farbrengen (do you know that one?), one speaks to others, but is referring to oneself. Today is a farbrengen day.
Yes I know that one and now I understand your comment.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com

Why are the holdouts R's?

Seems that is ALL you care about.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
Seems that is ALL you care about.

I mean, my comment came immidiately after his mention of R holdouts. Then came the "I'm talking about the WH" response, and around and round we go.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Trump did a terrible job preparing us for this crisis.

His advisors did an even worse job preparing him.

His opposition did an even worse job than all of them in opposing travel bans and logical ways to slow the spread. Had we shut everything down early and ordered companies to make supplies then we'd be in a very different place.

The CDC did an even worse job in opposing masks until Friday. How long will it take until they're mandatory like in 1918?

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Trump did a terrible job preparing us for this crisis.

His opposition did an even worse job than all of them in opposing travel bans and logical ways to slow the spread. Had we shut everything down early and ordered companies to make supplies then we'd be in a very different place.

The CDC did an even worse job in opposing masks until Friday. How long will it take until they're mandatory like in 1918?

Well said, enough blame for everyone to go around

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
I mean, my comment came immidiately after his mention of R holdouts. Then came the "I'm talking about the WH" response, and around and round we go.
You want to dispute the blunders listed go right ahead. We will leave all other R's and D's out of it.
The only defense in this thread is to drag them into it.  ::)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
This is going to be my last post on this subject, primarily because I enjoy reading @CountValentine's post on other threads, and I don't want this thread to ruin that.

No one claims Trump hasn't made blunders. In fact, to call them just blunders and not colossal f ups does a disservice to the gravity of his errors. The thing is, there are no winners here. Not from the Democrats, the Republicans, or any politician in any country. To keep pointing at Trump's f ups as if he alone is the cause of pain, suffering, and death, or even as if he is more to blame than any of the countless other leaders and doctors who downplayed this over these last few months, shows an unhealthy obsession with one man's stupidity and an unrealistic worldview.

In answer to the question posed as the topic to this thread, yes, the truth will come out about every single f up. It will also come out about every other country on earth, as well as organizations tasked with keeping us safe, such as the WHO and their ilk. In the big picture, since we have no one else to point to, to ask, "Why didn't you handle it like they did," this administration will largely get a pass. Will we blame them? Yes. Will we be pissed? Yes. Will we elect someone else to run things because we feel they would have handled it better? Maybe, but I don't think so.

I think the biggest realization to come out of all this, will be as it says in Tehillim, chapter 146. "Do not trust in princes, in the son of man, who has no salvation. His spirit leaves, he returns to his soil; on that day, his thoughts are lost."
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
How do you know this? Was the travel ban Trumps idea or did he do it kicking and screaming? We know he loves to ban others from coming to the US unless it is Denmark.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
How do you know this? Was the travel ban Trumps idea or did he do it kicking and screaming? We know he loves to ban others from coming to the US unless it is Denmark.
I'm talking about convincing him that COVID-19 would be a disaster and was not the flu.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
This is going to be my last post on this subject, primarily because I enjoy reading @CountValentine's post on other threads, and I don't want this thread to ruin that.
No need to worry about that.
I think the biggest realization to come out of all this, will be as it says in Tehillim, chapter 146. "Do not trust in princes, in the son of man, who has no salvation. His spirit leaves, he returns to his soil; on that day, his thoughts are lost."
You were on a roll but you just had to add this?  ;)

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Canada put in place a ban against all non citizens, they are run by the left leaning liberals. Maybe banning people to come in isn’t politics, it’s smart.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
I'm talking about convincing him that COVID-19 would be a disaster and was not the flu.
They can only do so much. I thought they had him convinced then at yesterdays news conference he went off the rails again.

In the end it will come out what he was told and when they told him.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Canada put in place a ban against all non citizens, they are run by the left leaning liberals. Maybe banning people to come in isn’t politics, it’s smart.
You need to look at persons history and not just isolated incidents.
I already gave him credit for the ban (without knowing if it was his idea) so you are barking up the wrong tree.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
It will also come out about every other country on earth, as well as organizations tasked with keeping us safe, such as the WHO and their ilk.
I'm just quoting this as the most recent easily accessible example of this type of comment, not singling out you in particular.

This idea that everyone in every country did a terrible job and therefore you can't single out specific leaders is rubbish. Obviously there are some countries that did a better job than others. That's based on the numbers, that's based on differing situations in different countries (in terms of the circumstances they had to deal with), etc. You're going to tell me SK's leaders didn't do a good job? You're telling me Taiwan and HK didn't do a good job? What about Israel? Not every country and every leader can be put in the same basket. And the fact that others did a bad job is not in any way, shape or form a defense for those that did a bad job. You want to sit there divvying up the blame - go right ahead. But remember that we're supposed to be a country where the buck stops here - on the desk of the head honcho.