Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 28957 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
This is going to be my last post on this subject, primarily because I enjoy reading @CountValentine's post on other threads, and I don't want this thread to ruin that.
No need to worry about that.
I think the biggest realization to come out of all this, will be as it says in Tehillim, chapter 146. "Do not trust in princes, in the son of man, who has no salvation. His spirit leaves, he returns to his soil; on that day, his thoughts are lost."
You were on a roll but you just had to add this?  ;)
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
How do you know this? Was the travel ban Trumps idea or did he do it kicking and screaming? We know he loves to ban others from coming to the US unless it is Denmark.

Canada put in place a ban against all non citizens, they are run by the left leaning liberals. Maybe banning people to come in isnít politics, itís smart.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
I'm talking about convincing him that COVID-19 would be a disaster and was not the flu.
They can only do so much. I thought they had him convinced then at yesterdays news conference he went off the rails again.

In the end it will come out what he was told and when they told him.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Canada put in place a ban against all non citizens, they are run by the left leaning liberals. Maybe banning people to come in isnít politics, itís smart.
You need to look at persons history and not just isolated incidents.
I already gave him credit for the ban (without knowing if it was his idea) so you are barking up the wrong tree.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
It will also come out about every other country on earth, as well as organizations tasked with keeping us safe, such as the WHO and their ilk.
I'm just quoting this as the most recent easily accessible example of this type of comment, not singling out you in particular.

This idea that everyone in every country did a terrible job and therefore you can't single out specific leaders is rubbish. Obviously there are some countries that did a better job than others. That's based on the numbers, that's based on differing situations in different countries (in terms of the circumstances they had to deal with), etc. You're going to tell me SK's leaders didn't do a good job? You're telling me Taiwan and HK didn't do a good job? What about Israel? Not every country and every leader can be put in the same basket. And the fact that others did a bad job is not in any way, shape or form a defense for those that did a bad job. You want to sit there divvying up the blame - go right ahead. But remember that we're supposed to be a country where the buck stops here - on the desk of the head honcho.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
And the fact that others did a bad job is not in any way, shape or form a defense for those that did a bad job.
Hopefully it might sink in coming from you. I tried 100 different ways.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/consider-possibility-trump-right-china/609493/

I think @CountValentine and I agree pretty much that ;

The administration was at fault but there's also the issue that China is a bad player and we rely on China for too much manufacturing.

The USA is supposedly the most powerful nation on earth .

We relied too much on foreign oil, we need to have these resources at home.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
The coronavirus experience demonstrates that economic interaction does not occur in a vacuum of geopolitical competition. Dependence on China for crucial medical equipment throughout the pandemic has illuminated the dangers of a hyper-globalized economy. Experts had warned of American dependence on key drug ingredients from China. The Wall Street Journal has reported that China is the only maker of key ingredients for certain classes of drugs, including established antibiotics that treat a range of bacterial infections such as pneumonia. American reliance on Chinese suppliers for other pharmaceuticals and medical supplies is also worrisome. Americans should not depend on an authoritarian rival state for its citizensí healthóany more than the United States and other free and open societies should give Chinese companies, and by extension the Chinese Communist Party, control over communications infrastructure and sensitive personal data.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Is this a blunder?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/premier-infuriated-by-trump-says-canada-helped-us-amid-9-11/ar-BB12c5MB?li=BBnbfcL
Utterly ridiculous. Completely incomparable. We would have helped them in that situation too, but when we both have a tower collapsing, well, put on your oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Utterly ridiculous. Completely incomparable. We would have helped them in that situation too, but when we both have a tower collapsing, well, put on your oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
I agree not comparable but should we stop medical supplies. IIRC at a press conference Trump claimed he didn't stop supplies going to Europe but could have.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
I agree not comparable but should we stop medical supplies. IIRC at a press conference Trump claimed he didn't stop supplies going to Europe but could have.
We donít have enough in this country, why should we ship any out? If weíre sending to Europe I donít understand that at all.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
We donít have enough in this country, why should we ship any out?
It is one of those tough decisions.

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Iím a US citizen living in Canada, Trump should not stop them. Certain materials that are used to produce masks come from Canada and part of the Detroit medical staff live in Canada and cross the border daily. In a medical supplies border war no one wins.

This is just some nationalistic propaganda by the trump administration . Just like he tried to put US soldiers at the Canadian border last week for no good reason.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Iím a US citizen living in Canada, Trump should not stop them. Certain materials that are used to produce masks come from Canada and part of the Detroit medical staff live in Canada and cross the border daily. In a medical supplies border war no one wins.

This is just some nationalistic propaganda by the trump administration . Just like he tried to put US soldiers at the Canadian border last week for no good reason.
Huh? Canada is tougher on Americans coming in than America is on Canadians coming in to America right now
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com