Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101457 times)

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Let's start with the child example. We're not talking about children. We're talking adults to adults. Just because they're Canadian doesn't mean they're somehow less self-sufficient.

Regarding the answers you're seeing, the thread is about administration blunders. From a political perspective, the administration answers to the people of the US and is responsible for their well-being. They would be derelict in their duty if they sent vital equipment out of the country to the detriment of US lives.

Regarding states sending equipment to NYC, it depends on the details. Who owns the equipment?  Is it the state? Is it private healthcare providers? Is it federally owned but on loan or stored in certain states? You also have certain states that are virtually guaranteed to not get hit nearly as hard as NY, both by virtue of population density and by the benefit of learning from NY's mistakes and taking extra precautions earlier.
Well said. Let's not twist this any more.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
I never said this was a blunder by the administration. You learn by asking questions. Unfortunately I am saddened by what I just learned. Lets move on.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
I never said this was a blunder by the administration. You learn by asking questions. Unfortunately I am saddened by what I just learned. Lets move on.
You have one dose of medicine. You can save your parent or you can give it to a stranger in need. Either will die without it.
Who gets it?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped

As a head of household, responsible for the wellbeing of your family, would you send out life saving equipment your family might need? What if you were virtually guaranteed to need it in the very near future?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
You have one dose of medicine. You can save your parent or you can give it to a stranger in need. Either will die without it.
Who gets it?
Your parent.
You have food that will last you for a month. Your neighbors are starving. Do you share some of it with them?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
As a head of household, responsible for the wellbeing of your family, would you send out life saving equipment your family might need? What if you were virtually guaranteed to need it in the very near future?
Yes with the belief I will find more when the time comes.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Your parent.
You have food that will last you for a month. Your neighbors are starving. Do you share some of it with them?
So this is semantics. No hospital in the country has this kind of excess PPE now. If they did then you would be correct.

My father works at the VA and other than a couple kind patients bringing in some N95s or him buying on ebay at 1000% markups, there are none to be found.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
So this is semantics.
Your question was semantics also. I gave you a straight answer. I guess it was to much for me to expect the same in return.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Your question was semantics also. I gave you a straight answer. I guess it was to much for me to expect the same in return.
If they did then you would be correct.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Yes with the belief I will find more when the time comes.
What if the time is right now?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
I think the difference in opinion here stems from two missing pieces of data: a) how soon will we need it ourselves, and b) how soon can we replace it?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think the difference in opinion here stems from two missing pieces of data: a) how soon will we need it ourselves, and b) how soon can we replace it?
Exactly.
The US currently doesn't have enough to supply its own hospitals for one day. You don't give charity when you don't have food to feed your kids dinner tonight.

If we had a 30 day supply, then absolutely, give charity.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
The difference in opinion goes a lot deeper than that.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not that I'm seeing.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

I guess we have a different opinion of a straight answer.  :)

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
I think you are mistaken. I think that the difference between Dan's analogy and yours pretty much sums it up. You were asking based on a hypothetical while everyone here answered based on the reality we are in.
Who gets it?
Your parent.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Not that I'm seeing.
We agree on that. We can continue this after I give a couple of my N95 masks to my neighbor who does not have any.  ;)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
We agree on that. We can continue this after I give a couple of my N95 masks to my neighbor who does not have any.  ;)

How many do you have? How long will they last you?

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
My friend Jerry sent me this;

This was me for 31 years... I actually had tears in my eyes reading this. Should I feel guilty for not being there? Tough question.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/05/youre-basically-right-next-nuclear-reactor/?arc404=true

He's 70, retired as top anesthesiologist In one of the countries the most respected hospitals.

He's an expert on malignent hypothermia.

he also has a heart condition and underlying asthma. Would he work ? He says with proper guaranteed ppe he might.

They are offering nurses 10k a week. Such outrageous sums because there's no gear.

Regardless of who started this I find that the deplorable that we, the greatest nation on earth are reliant on China.

Yet somehow it was racist to say America should bring the jobs home.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think you are mistaken. I think that the difference between Dan's analogy and yours pretty much sums it up. You were asking based on a hypothetical while everyone here answered based on the reality we are in.
+1K