Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101460 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Alright, here’s the article, now tell me what you think

Thanks for sharing, I skimmed it and it didn’t seem very compelling/thought through. I think 0 would change if the US raised the presidents salary to $10mm/year. Make it $100mm/year and it will just fund the next generations of the Great American Political Machine.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
As I said, it’s a theory. Theories can’t have sources, else they wouldn’t be theories, but facts.
Oh it is your theories., got it.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Of course they will make it a political issue.
To do it right it needs to be on a national level with the government running it. We seen the disaster with PPE's and should learn from our mistakes. States getting into bidding wars with each other and the federal government. It would have been best for the government to buy everything and then distribute it.

This is just another blunder for the administration. They know they have failed so far with testing and now what to put it on the states.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-partisan-battle-lines-emerge-over-testing/ar-BB12S3VK?li=BBnb7Kz

Online Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
To do it right it needs to be on a national level with the government running it. We seen the disaster with PPE's and should learn from our mistakes. States getting into bidding wars with each other and the federal government. It would have been best for the government to buy everything and then distribute it.

This is just another blunder for the administration. They know they have failed so far with testing and now what to put it on the states.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-partisan-battle-lines-emerge-over-testing/ar-BB12S3VK?li=BBnb7Kz
We can argue about this, but the reopening plan makes a lot of sense.  And the bailout obviously was not enough but a lot was done in a very short time.  I think long term obviously we will see blunders because we are humans, but overall people will approve of trump's approach.
#TYH

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum

It’s clear that the approaches taken by different cities/states were what mattered. Look at California vs. NY.

At the end of the day states have more power than the federal government in implementing distancing laws etc. so it’s unfair to blame Trump for the failures of some states

Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
We can argue about this, but the reopening plan makes a lot of sense.  And the bailout obviously was not enough but a lot was done in a very short time.  I think long term obviously we will see blunders because we are humans, but overall people will approve of trump's approach.
It’s clear that the approaches taken by different cities/states were what mattered. Look at California vs. NY.

At the end of the day states have more power than the federal government in implementing distancing laws etc. so it’s unfair to blame Trump for the failures of some states
The point is testing is the key to reopening. We need to that on a mass level. Saying we did 3 million test on a nation of 300mm+ is massive failure. This needs to be a national effort run by the government. Putting it off on the states is the blunder.

As far as Trumps response and his approval of it we will find out.

Online Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
The point is testing is the key to reopening. We need to that on a mass level. Saying we did 3 million test on a nation of 300mm+ is massive failure. This needs to be a national effort run by the government. Putting it off on the states is the blunder.

As far as Trumps response and his approval of it we will find out.
so you agree with Trump on something ;)
#TYH

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
so you agree with Trump on something ;)
More than you think but the haters here will say I don't.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Watching Cuomo’s big press conference.. has he lost his mind? Rambling about spaghetti and meatballs and his daughter’s boyfriend and his grandfather..
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Watching Cuomo’s big press conference.. has he lost his mind? Rambling about spaghetti and meatballs and his daughter’s boyfriend and his grandfather..
Taking a page from the president?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
R's and D's both say there just isn't enough tests. Claiming we have done more tests than other any other country is meaningless.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/delusional-absolutely-false-governors-cry-foul-on-trump-testing-claims/ar-BB12SyoB?ocid=spartanntp

Offline aygart

• View Profile
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/19/bill_maher_vs_dan_crenshaw_is_the_goal_to_make_trump_look_bad_or_is_the_goal_to_get_to_the_truth.html

What I think is a common sentiment of forum members

"What do we feel about him? Don't you want to comment about his latest tweet and the way he lashed out? No, I don't," Crenshaw said. "I can't defend everything. He doesn't have the same style as I do. I don't consider him to be my spiritual guide by any means."
This sounds very much like many conversations on this forum where someone harps on some dumb comments made by Trump while actions while others point out that actions were really taken while the Dems were actively thwarting the actual actions.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:02:03 AM by aygart »

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
What I think is a common sentiment of forum members
This sounds very much like many conversations on this forum where someone harps on some dumb comments made by Trump while actions while others point out that actions were really taken while the Dems were actively thwarting the actual actions.
He's a bumbling idiot who says more stupid things then Elon Musk, but at the end of the day he usually does more good then bad, and does more doing than previous presidents (IMHO).

He is not a presidential figure and it's a little embarrassing for this country, and there could have been a much better president then him. But the truth is a more mainstream right wing person probably would not have won, and his personality probably got more right wing voters out to vote.

At the end of the day it's policy that gets my vote, not the person. I dislike his attitude and repertoire, I dislike his overbearing self confidence, I dislike him. But I like most of his policies, and that's what a president is in office for.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
He's a bumbling idiot who says more stupid things then Elon Musk, but at the end of the day he usually does more good then bad, and does more doing than previous presidents (IMHO).

He is not a presidential figure and it's a little embarrassing for this country, and there could have been a much better president then him. But the truth is a more mainstream right wing person probably would not have won, and his personality probably got more right wing voters out to vote.

At the end of the day it's policy that gets my vote, not the person. I dislike his attitude and repertoire, I dislike his overbearing self confidence, I dislike him. But I like most of his policies, and that's what a president is in office for.
Some have a hard time understanding this

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
New blunder around he corner.

Trump seems super excited about his new immigration ban, that he had to tweet about it without providing details.

Like every other ban Trump announces, he will announce one thing and than it will be revised and clarified. It will also provide ammunition for his opponents to begin attacking him for being racist (although it isnt).

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
...and the blunders just keep on coming.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-us-citizens-wont-get-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-—-because-their-spouses-are-immigrants/ar-BB12WWwR?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
...and the blunders just keep on coming.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-us-citizens-wont-get-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-—-because-their-spouses-are-immigrants/ar-BB12WWwR?li=BBnb7Kz
he signed the darn bill last we checked its made in congress and its their responsibility to make sure that doesnt happen

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
he signed the darn bill last we checked its made in congress and its their responsibility to make sure that doesnt happen
You make it sound like this was an accident.

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
You make it sound like this was an accident.

This bill was passed by both parties, the blame is on both.