Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101364 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
When POTUS asks you to do something, is it really a question? For additional context, in this instance, POTUS is also your boss.
The point is he never asked anyone.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped

I'm confused about what your position is here. Are you saying:
A) Trump told/asked his people to reduce testing, so he's a fool,
B) Trump didn't tell/ask his people to reduce testing, but just said he did and doubled down on it, so he's a fool
C) Trump did tell/ask people to reduce testing, but not Fauci because they haven't talked in a month, so he's a fool for telling/asking and for not talking to Fauci
C) Trump is a fool for suggesting that reducing testing would solve the country's virus issue
D) Trump is a fool
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
I'm confused about what your position is here. Are you saying:
A) Trump told/asked his people to reduce testing, so he's a fool,
B) Trump didn't tell/ask his people to reduce testing, but just said he did and doubled down on it, so he's a fool
C) Trump did tell/ask people to reduce testing, but not Fauci because they haven't talked in a month, so he's a fool for telling/asking and for not talking to Fauci
C) Trump is a fool for suggesting that reducing testing would solve the country's virus issue
D) Trump is a fool
Where is all the above option?
Or how about these options?
A) Fool
B) Fool
C) Fool
D) Fool

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Where is all the above option?
Or how about these options?
A) Fool
B) Fool
C) Fool
D) Fool

I got the fool part, I'm just trying to understand where you and @S209 differ on what happened.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Right. But he said he did. So he was joking.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Right. But he said he did. So he was joking.
Where did he ask anyone?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
I got the fool part, I'm just trying to understand where you and @S209 differ on what happened.
He is saying Trump never asked Dr F. How could he when he never asked anyone.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
He is saying Trump never asked Dr F. How could he when he never asked anyone.

So he never asked Dr. Fauci or anyone else, so when he said he asked his people to slow down testing, he was joking, even though he insists he wasn't. And he's a fool.

We all on the same page now?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
So he never asked Dr. Fauci or anyone else, so when he said he asked his people to slow down testing, he was joking, even though he insists he wasn't. And he's a fool.

He didn't ASK anyone. Here it is from @S209
Did you not hear the original line?

ETA: Here are his exact words: “So I said to my people, slow the testing down please“
I have no idea who his people are that he said it to but there was no question asked. He also said he was not joking.
Now @S209 wants to muddy the waters with Dr F who has nothing to do with it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
So he never asked [or told] Dr. Fauci or anyone else [about slowing down testing], so when he said he asked his people to slow down testing, he was joking, even though he insists he wasn't. And he's a fool [who contradicts himself and lies publicly].

FTFM/FTFY. Better?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
He didn't ASK anyone. Here it is from @S209 I have no idea who his people are that he said it to but there was no question asked. He also said he was not joking.
Requesting an underling to carry out your orders can be referred to as both “asking” or “telling” them what to do. There is NO difference. You’re being ridiculous and I hope you realize it.

Dr. Fauci is the official in charge of implementing the COVID response, so I’m pretty sure anything being requested of “his people” re: testing would have to go through Fauci, who testified that *neither he nor anyone he knows of* was ever told to slow down testing.

Nobody is muddying waters but yourself.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
He didn't ASK anyone. Here it is from @S209 I have no idea who his people are that he said it to but there was no question asked. He also said he was not joking.
When you ask someone to do something there is no question involved. You are *requesting* something. This is elementary school Language Arts class.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Requesting an underling to carry out your orders can be referred to as both “asking” or “telling” them what to do. There is NO difference. You’re being ridiculous and I hope you realize it.

Dr. Fauci is the official in charge of implementing the COVID response, so I’m pretty sure anything being requested of “his people” re: testing would have to go through Fauci, who testified that *neither he nor anyone he knows of* was ever told to slow down testing.

Nobody is muddying waters but yourself.
Wow the pretzel you are trying to make. Ask and tell are totally different. Now if you want to look foolish twisting yourself in a pretzel go right ahead.

Dr F probably has not talked to Trump in the last month. You invoked him without even knowing if he talked to Trump.

The fact is Trump in his own words said he was not joking. You try and bring in someone else secondhand when we have firsthand information. Then you claim I am being ridiculous.  ::)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Wow the pretzel you are trying to make. Ask and tell are totally different. Now if you want to look foolish twisting yourself in a pretzel go right ahead.

Dr F probably has not talked to Trump in the last month. You invoked him without even knowing if he talked to Trump.

The fact is Trump in his own words said he was not joking. You try and bring in someone else secondhand when we have firsthand information. Then you claim I am being ridiculous.  ::)

Just to be clear. Are you saying that the following sentences are “totally different”?

I told them to slow down the testing.
I asked them to slow down the testing.

Nobody is twisting anything, I honestly didn’t realize that your issue was with not being able to understand the language. I thought it was more fundamental to the argument. This is just amateur.

ETA: @CountValentine let’s see if you can answer a simple question
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:35:22 PM by S209 »

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
ETA: @CountValentine let’s see if you can answer a simple question
Of course they are completely different. Telling someone to do something is not asking them to do something. English 101.
Do you tell your wife to do things or do you ask her.  :P

This is besides the main point. You are confusing the issue by bringing in secondhand info when we have it firsthand.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Of course they are completely different. Telling someone to do something is not asking them to do something. English 101.
Do you tell your wife to do things or do you ask her.  :P

This is besides the main point. You are confusing the issue by bringing in secondhand info when we have it firsthand.
If to you they are totally different sentences then we’re at an impasse until a third party linguist decides the matter. @Yehuda57 ? Do we have any linguists on board?

Trump said something tongue in cheek. How do we know it was tongue in cheek? Because Fauci testified that it wasn’t true. Him doubling down does nothing for me. It’s a joke.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
If to you they are totally different sentences then we’re at an impasse until a third party linguist decides the matter.
If you need someone to say ask/tell are not the same then impasse is not the problem.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
When POTUS asks you to do something, is it really a question? For additional context, in this instance, POTUS is also your boss.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
It was a joke?  ::)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-ending-support-for-drive-thru-testing-sites/ar-BB15VtdC?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
Umm. It was always set to expire now. Texas in particular said they do not want the federal states but are working on a better testing process. I’m unaware of the other states’ opinions but are you insinuating that FEMA is dismantling the sites as a method of lowering testing numbers? Keep drinking the Kool Aid :P