Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 28952 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Of course they are completely different. Telling someone to do something is not asking them to do something. English 101.
Do you tell your wife to do things or do you ask her.  :P

This is besides the main point. You are confusing the issue by bringing in secondhand info when we have it firsthand.
If to you they are totally different sentences then we’re at an impasse until a third party linguist decides the matter. @Yehuda57 ? Do we have any linguists on board?

Trump said something tongue in cheek. How do we know it was tongue in cheek? Because Fauci testified that it wasn’t true. Him doubling down does nothing for me. It’s a joke.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
If to you they are totally different sentences then we’re at an impasse until a third party linguist decides the matter.
If you need someone to say ask/tell are not the same then impasse is not the problem.

Online Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
When POTUS asks you to do something, is it really a question? For additional context, in this instance, POTUS is also your boss.
When you find yourself agreeing with me more often than not, it's time for a cheshbon hanefesh.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
It was a joke?  ::)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-ending-support-for-drive-thru-testing-sites/ar-BB15VtdC?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
Umm. It was always set to expire now. Texas in particular said they do not want the federal states but are working on a better testing process. I’m unaware of the other states’ opinions but are you insinuating that FEMA is dismantling the sites as a method of lowering testing numbers? Keep drinking the Kool Aid :P
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
If you need someone to say ask/tell are not the same then impasse is not the problem.
You’re digging your grave deeper. I was being kind by equating our sides and offering judgement to a third party.

Spoiler alert: It’s you in the wrong.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:23:34 PM by S209 »
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
You’re digging your grave deeper. I was being kind by equating our sides and offering judgement to a third party.

Spoiler alert: It’s you with the comprehension issue.
Would you like to bet they mean the same? Money goes to charity.
I am now going to be blunt. You have lost your mind if you think those two words mean the same thing!!!  :P

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Would you like to bet they mean the same? Money goes to charity.
I am now going to be blunt. You have lost your mind if you think those two words mean the same thing!!!  :P
The words can mean different things in context. The two sentences I offered meant the same thing. Sure I’ll gladly give $10 to the coronavirus charity campaign of your choice from the other thread if someone we agree to judge neutrally says that those sentences don’t mean the same thing.

Here are options that work for me: @Dan @Lurker @Yehuda57 @AsherO @AJK @jj1000 @YitzyS @Euclid @yuneeq @yelped @PlatinumGuy @Ergel (names that come off the top of my head)

Pick any one or more to be judge.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
The words can mean different things in context. The two sentences I offered meant the same thing. Sure I’ll gladly give $10 to the coronavirus charity campaign of your choice from the other thread if someone we agree to judge neutrally says that those sentences don’t mean the same thing.

Here are options that work for me: @Dan @Lurker @Yehuda57 @AsherO @AJK @jj1000 @YitzyS @Euclid @yuneeq @yelped @PlatinumGuy @Ergel (names that come off the top of my head)

Pick any one or more to be judge.
Here is the exact question:

In the context of Trump telling people who work for him to slow down the testing, do the following sentences mean the same thing or are they “totally different”?

I told them to slow down the testing.
I asked them to slow down the testing.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
The words can mean different things in context.
Here we go with the pretzels. There are two words, ask and told. They don't mean the same thing.
Do you want to bet on that or not?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Here is the exact question:

In the context of Trump telling people who work for him to slow down the testing, do the following sentences mean the same thing or are they “totally different”?

I told them to slow down the testing.
I asked them to slow down the testing.
You would have to know what is in the persons mind. That can't be done but nice try with the pretzel.  :P

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Here we go with the pretzels. There are two words, ask and told. They don't mean the same thing.
Do you want to bet on that or not?
That wasn’t the question, the question was if the sentences mean the same thing. You’re the one twisting into pretzels. The question and answer before was very clear and simple.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
You would have to know what is in the persons mind. That can't be done but nice try with the pretzel.  :P
Oh so now they mean different things depending on what the person meant? The question is what the sentences mean. In English.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
So to be clear, are you retracting what you said before that they are “totally different”?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
So to be clear, are you retracting what you said before that they are “totally different”?
You lost your mind. The only difference is the two words. They are totally different. Now we can play your games on what "totally" means.
Ask your wife if they are different. When she says they are then tell her they are not.  :P