Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101313 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
The words have different definitions in the English language. However, context is everything here. There are many times when a request isn't really a request; it's a command given in a polite manner. The same goes for commands given when the person giving the command is in no position to do so; the reality is it is a request. To argue over the semantics here is an epic waste of time, since the end result is the same: Trump is a fool.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Yes. In your example they mean the same thing (assuming “I” is “him”s boss and is asking “him” to take out the garbage in the course of his work for “I”). Let’s bet. Which judge of those I nominated do you choose?
I am sorry but you are acting like a child. There is no assumption. They are simple English sentences which you can't comprehend.
Ask someone with knowledge of English if ask/told mean the same thing.
Then come back or put up or shut up!!!  :)
You are trying to take @Lurker position since you dug yourself such a big hole.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
I am sorry but you are acting like a child. There is no assumption. They are simple English sentences which you can't comprehend.
Ask someone with knowledge of English if ask/told mean the same thing.
Then come back or put up or shut up!!!  :)
You are trying to take @Lurker position since you dug yourself such a big hole.
Umm. I literally took you up on your bet. I asked you a question. You answered. I am telling you you’re wrong and am ready to bet on it. The terms are clear. PUOSU.

What are you even rambling about? This was very clearly about a very specific sentence all along. Quit whining and choose the judge :P
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
You know you've spent too much time on DDF when you have a rule and a position named after you...

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
You know you've spent too much time on DDF when you have a rule and a position named after you...
That happens a lot around here since some members can't think for themselves. I would be a millionaire if I have a nickel for every time one of my phrases were used since they can't think on their own.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
That happens a lot around here since some members can't think for themselves. I would be a millionaire if I have a nickel for every time one of my phrases were used since they can't think of their own.
Is that your way of saying your backing down from the bet? Got it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
That happens a lot around here since some members can't think for themselves. I would be a millionaire if I have a nickel for every time one of my phrases were used since they can't think of their own.

If I had a nickel for every one of the phrases you've appropriated and claimed as your own, I'd have more nickels than you.

Just the facts, Jack.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Is that your way of saying your backing down from the bet? Got it.
Keep up your childish posts and I guarantee you won't like my responses.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
If I had a nickel for every one of the phrases you've appropriated and claimed as your own, I'd have more nickels than you.

Just the facts, Jack.
If I use them first here then I lay claim to them.
You owe me a nickel.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Why are you not picking a judge? Scared? It’s going to charity don’t worry.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
I must say I expected better from you. I thought you don’t back down from a challenge.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
If I use them first here then I lay claim to them.
You owe me a nickel.

Playground rules. First guy on the court sets the rules, and the hamster's incarnations lap me more than a few times, so tough sh!t for me.

*I lay claim to "tough sh!t"

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Why are you not picking a judge? Scared? It’s going to charity don’t worry.
Because you picked all Jews. When it comes to money I don't trust Jews. I seen how Jews try and come up with religious reasons to back out of what they owe. They try and come up with religious reasons to back out when they commit to selling things like mint coins.

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Yes. In your example they mean the same thing (assuming “I” is “him”s boss and is asking “him” to take out the garbage in the course of his work for “I”).
Absolutely! If I say to my daughter, "could you please clean up your toys?" It is technically a question so I can say "I asked her to clean up"  but in actuality, it is a nice way of telling her what she has to do, so I can also say, "I told her to clean up" and it would be true.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
Because you picked all Jews. When it comes to money I don't trust Jews. I seen how Jews try and come up with religious reasons to back out of what they owe. They try and come up with religious reasons to back out when they commit to selling things like mint coins.

Wow. Not very woke, man.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Absolutely! If I say to my daughter, "could you please clean up your toys?" It is technically a question so I can say "I asked her to clean up"  but in actuality, it is a nice way of telling her what she has to do, so I can also say, "I told her to clean up" and it would be true.
So when you ask your spouse to do something it is a nice way to tell them to do it?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Wow. Not very woke, man.
Just the facts, Jack!

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
So when you ask your spouse to do something it is a nice way to tell them to do it?
If you ask your spouse *if* she can do something then no. If you ask her *to* do something then yes.

This is assuming you are your spouse‘s superior, of course. Because that would be a similar example.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:20:27 PM by S209 »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
Just the facts, Jack!

Dunno 'bout that. He gave you some options for judges, and you essentially just called them all dishonest because you dealt with some dishonest Jews before. I used to work in a scrap yard. Want me to tell you about the junkie Catholics?

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy

Is that what you meant by “I won’t like your responses”? Because that doesn’t bother me at all.

If you’d like to choose a non Jewish judge, by all means. Nominate a few and I’ll select one. I’m afraid you’ll have to live with the fact that you’ll still be trusting me to follow through with the donation should I lose (which I won’t).