Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 29392 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
I think you can get an honest answer here on the forums by working out the exact wording of the question together,
I have been told over and over Jews treat other Jews the same as family. I suggest a qualified person and he has an issue that she is family member when every person he suggested is also a family member in his eyes.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
I have been told over and over Jews treat other Jews the same as family. I suggest a qualified person and he has an issue that she is family member when every person he suggested is also a family member in his eyes.
My suggestion was a blind test. Nobody will know who said which opinion.

Which would work with your sister, if you present it without saying which opinion is yours.
'When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.' -Mark Twain

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
My suggestion was a blind test. Nobody will know who said which opinion.

Which would work with your sister, if you present it without saying which opinion is yours.
Of course I am not going to tell her what my opinion is.

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
DDFers treat other DDFers the same as family.
FTFY
'When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.' -Mark Twain

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Talk about being totally dishonest.  >:(

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Talk about being totally dishonest.  >:(
What was dishonest?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
We are not phrasing anything. It is simple as if ask/tell have the same meaning in the same sentence. We are not getting into the mindset of the person asking/telling or the mindset of the person on the receiving end. We have no way no know their thinking and just gives you a way to not pay.
That’s your new version of the facts, but that’s not what the question was. The question was a very specific one about a very specific statement made by a very specific person.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
That’s your new version of the facts, but that’s not what the question was. The question was a very specific one about a very specific statement made by a very specific person.
You made up the question after you twisted yourself in a pretzel. The way you worded the poll shows how dishonest you are.
To answer the poll you have to know what was in Trumps mind, good luck. This is a simple question if ask/tell mean the same thing. I see you conceded you were wrong on them being the same meaning and moved on to the pretzel.  ::)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
You made up the question after you twisted yourself in a pretzel. The way you worded the poll shows how dishonest you are.
To answer the poll you have to know what was in Trumps mind, good luck. This is a simple question if ask/tell mean the same thing. I see you conceded you were wrong on them being the same meaning and moved on to the pretzel.  ::)
Really. Please do quote me where I said that was the question. I won’t hold my breath.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Here is my first quote where I realized your comprehension issues with “ask” and “tell”. Until then, nobody understood what you were even debating. Please do try to poke whatever holes you’d like. Hope your pretzel has extra chunky salt.

Requesting an underling to carry out your orders can be referred to as both “asking” or “telling” them what to do. There is NO difference. You’re being ridiculous and I hope you realize it.

Dr. Fauci is the official in charge of implementing the COVID response, so I’m pretty sure anything being requested of “his people” re: testing would have to go through Fauci, who testified that *neither he nor anyone he knows of* was ever told to slow down testing.

Nobody is muddying waters but yourself.

Here’s my actual question, to which you answered that they *are* different

Just to be clear. Are you saying that the following sentences are “totally different”?

I told them to slow down the testing.
I asked them to slow down the testing.

Nobody is twisting anything, I honestly didn’t realize that your issue was with not being able to understand the language. I thought it was more fundamental to the argument. This is just amateur.

ETA: @CountValentine let’s see if you can answer a simple question

You’re doing great :)
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
Hope there are no DDFers here with Celiac, as the gluten from all those pretzels must be overwhelming them.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Hope there are no DDFers here with Celiac, as the gluten from all those pretzels must be overwhelming them.
Gluten free pretzels are a thing
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Really. Please do quote me where I said that was the question. I won’t hold my breath.
What part don't you understand of you made up the question after you twisted yourself into a pretzel? Here is your made up question.
Here is the exact question:

In the context of Trump telling people who work for him to slow down the testing, do the following sentences mean the same thing or are they “totally different”?

I told them to slow down the testing.
I asked them to slow down the testing.
From the beginning I said ask/tell do not mean the same thing. If they did mean the same thing then no matter what example we use should not matter. You were dishonest by slanting the poll. You already conceded they don't mean the same by having to slant the poll.

It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice
Tell - you are given no choice
Do you understand the difference?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
You’re doing great :)
You are the one who tried to make it about context after you had no response when I said they were different. Like I said you slanted the poll because you knew you were wrong.

It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice
Tell - you are given no choice
Do you understand the difference?