Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101324 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Here is my first quote where I realized your comprehension issues with “ask” and “tell”. Until then, nobody understood what you were even debating. Please do try to poke whatever holes you’d like. Hope your pretzel has extra chunky salt.

Requesting an underling to carry out your orders can be referred to as both “asking” or “telling” them what to do. There is NO difference. You’re being ridiculous and I hope you realize it.

Dr. Fauci is the official in charge of implementing the COVID response, so I’m pretty sure anything being requested of “his people” re: testing would have to go through Fauci, who testified that *neither he nor anyone he knows of* was ever told to slow down testing.

Nobody is muddying waters but yourself.

Here’s my actual question, to which you answered that they *are* different

Just to be clear. Are you saying that the following sentences are “totally different”?

I told them to slow down the testing.
I asked them to slow down the testing.

Nobody is twisting anything, I honestly didn’t realize that your issue was with not being able to understand the language. I thought it was more fundamental to the argument. This is just amateur.

ETA: @CountValentine let’s see if you can answer a simple question

You’re doing great :)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Hope there are no DDFers here with Celiac, as the gluten from all those pretzels must be overwhelming them.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Hope there are no DDFers here with Celiac, as the gluten from all those pretzels must be overwhelming them.
Gluten free pretzels are a thing

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Really. Please do quote me where I said that was the question. I won’t hold my breath.
What part don't you understand of you made up the question after you twisted yourself into a pretzel? Here is your made up question.
Here is the exact question:

In the context of Trump telling people who work for him to slow down the testing, do the following sentences mean the same thing or are they “totally different”?

From the beginning I said ask/tell do not mean the same thing. If they did mean the same thing then no matter what example we use should not matter. You were dishonest by slanting the poll. You already conceded they don't mean the same by having to slant the poll.

It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice
Tell - you are given no choice
Do you understand the difference?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
You’re doing great :)
You are the one who tried to make it about context after you had no response when I said they were different. Like I said you slanted the poll because you knew you were wrong.

It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
What part don't you understand of you made up the question after you twisted yourself into a pretzel? Here is your made up question.From the beginning I said ask/tell do not mean the same thing. If they did mean the same thing then no matter what example we use should not matter. You were dishonest by slanting the poll. You already conceded they don't mean the same by having to slant the poll.

It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice
No, I never once maintained that the two mean the exact same thing in all circumstances. It should be fairly easy for you to show me where I’ve said that. You can’t, because I never did. Only a moron would think ask and tell are the same thing always.

That said, in the context of how I was using “asked” and “told”, the words were interchangeable. You can revise history all you’d like, but remember you’re putting words in my mouth. Quoting posts is easy enough that if you were right you’d be able to show it.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
You are the one who tried to make it about context after you had no response when I said they were different. Like I said you slanted the poll because you knew you were wrong.

It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice
Please tell me how I slanted the poll? Which part would you have preferred not be part of it? I’ll remind you one more time, you answered this

Just to be clear. Are you saying that the following sentences are “totally different”?

With this
Of course they are completely different. Telling someone to do something is not asking them to do something.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Which part would you leave preferred not be part of it?

The dishonest Jews.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Guys, don't you think 5 pages of this back and forth is just a little too much? Who cares? You both agree Trump is a fool and move on. Who cares if he asked or told someone?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
It case you missed it:
Ask - you have a choice
I ask this several times.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Guys, don't you think 5 pages of this back and forth is just a little too much? Who cares? You both agree Trump is a fool and move on. Who cares if he asked or told someone?
I want my $10 to my charity, Salvation Army.  :)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Honestly I’m just trying to show how the good Count’s intellectual dishonesty works against him as often as it does for him should anyone have the stamina to finish the argument. He is sometimes right and others are disingenuous when they debate him as well but he is just as guilty.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
I ask this several times.
And? Did I disagree that ask and tell *can* have different definitions? If I did, please point to a post of mine that says so. If you don’t, we can just include this in “arguments of yours that weren’t fully thought through”

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
And? Did I disagree that ask and tell *can* have different definitions? If I did, please point to a post of mine that says so. If you don’t, we can just include this in “arguments of yours that weren’t fully thought through”
That wasn't the question. Do you understand one has a choice and the other does not? Not can but does!

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
That wasn't the question. Do you understand one has a choice and the other does not? Not can but does!
In certain contexts, correct. Not in the context we were discussing. What’s your point? This is what we refer to as a straw man- you are presenting an argument that nobody disagrees with.

I have you on the record as saying no to an actual question I asked. I think you’re wrong. Can you say the same about me?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=117709.msg2282348#new

I know they’re just Jews so their opinions don’t count but it sure seems like I‘m winning

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
I have you on the record as saying no to an actual question I asked. I think you’re wrong. Can you say the same about me?
I gave a straight answer to your question. You keep being dishonest hedging your answer.

Start a poll
Ask - you have a choice
Two choice, agree or disagree. You will get blown out of the water and you know it.

The way you worded the poll you have to know what was in the persons mind when they made the statement. You have no way to know.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
I gave a straight answer to your question. You keep being dishonest hedging your answer.

Start a poll
Ask - you have a choice
Two choice, agree or disagree. You will get blown out of the water and you know it.

The way you worded the poll you have to know what was in the persons mind when they made the statement. You have no way to know.
So why does everyone seem confident in their answer? “Debatable” is an option in the poll.

Don’t forget that is the EXACT same question I posed to you. You’re changing. The question you’re posing now was never a matter of disagreement.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Is there anybody on these forums who you trust to give an objective answer? If there isn’t, that says more about you than the forums.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
So why does everyone seem confident in their answer? “Debatable” is an option in the poll.

Don’t forget that is the EXACT same question I posed to you. You’re changing. The question you’re posing now was never a matter of disagreement.
If someone uses words and assigns wrong meanings to them that does not change the real meaning of the words. Anytime you ask someone to do something you are giving them a choice. You can twist yourself in any shape pretzel you want but that does not change the factual meaning of the word.