Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 29224 times)

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Monday I was in the vets parking lot dropping my dog off. Have my mask on when they called. I could talk just fine and they understood me just fine.
Next question?  :)
Maybe your mask was better than the one the person I was talking to wore. Could barely hear anything.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
It's frightening to think that thousands more people died because of one man's vanity that wearing masks "don't look good"
+1
I heard from more than one well respected person about why they wouldn’t wear a mask while giving Shiur or davening (slightly older and higher risk, generally quite cautious, and have not had the virus previously) “Trump doesn’t wear a mask, lemasa it’s not bakovodig.”
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
+1
I heard from more than one well respected person about why they wouldn’t wear a mask while giving Shiur or davening (slightly older and higher risk, generally quite cautious, and have not had the virus previously) “Trump doesn’t wear a mask, lemasa it’s not bakovodig.”
Imagine looking towards Trump's actions to delineate "bakovodig".

(Most frum Trump supporters (that I'm aware of) support him despite his most definitely non-bakovodig antics.)

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Imagine looking towards Trump's actions to delineate "bakovodig".

(Most frum Trump supporters (that I'm aware of) support him despite his most definitely non-bakovodig antics.)
Correct, but they are inferring from his actions in this case that he doesn’t believe it’s “presidential”, and then extrapolate to themselves.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Trump doesn't wear a mask because he is a complete idiot. Lets not sugarcoat it. Those that follow his lead are no different.

If it was up to Trump his 30-35% base would not wear seatbelts.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Online Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Who's wearing masks in Israel? They're tracing cases back to weddings and other mass gatherings.
Was at an American wedding last night in Yerushalayim (for a short time). I'd say about 85% mask adherence on the women's side. 35% on the men's side. Very little social distancing. Around 150 people
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
+1
So he respects his own appearance more than the health of those in his vicinity?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
+1
I heard from more than one well respected person about why they wouldn’t wear a mask while giving a lecture or praying (slightly older and higher risk, generally quite cautious, and have not had the virus previously) “Trump doesn’t wear a mask, bottom line is it’s not respectable.”
FTF @CountValentine and others who may not be familiar with the language
'When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.' -Mark Twain

Offline biobook

• View Profile
Have you tried talking on the phone to someone who is wearing a mask?
Great idea for a science fair project! 
Does the composition of masks affect how well a voice can be heard? 
Does the lower pitch of men's voices transmit better or worse than women's higher pitch voices? 
Does a brief period of training in clearer enunciation improve voice transmission through a mask?
Etc.
Though I guess it's not the season for science fairs...

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Was at an American wedding last night in Yerushalayim (for a short time). I'd say about 85% mask adherence on the women's side. 35% on the men's side. Very little social distancing. Around 150 people
I'm surprised the police didnt show up. At a wedding recently I was at, police showed up almost every hour

Offline biobook

• View Profile
If masks work so well why are people in israel getting corona.... hint they're not that effective.
Actually, I think @yaakov35 is correct. 
Social distancing is much more effective for decreasing corona transmission than wearing masks.
Similarly, driving within the speed limit is much more effective for decreasing highway fatalities than avoiding texting while driving. 

Avoiding texting and wearing masks are not the most effective way to save lives, but they help.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Actually, I think @yaakov35 is correct. 
Social distancing is much more effective for decreasing corona transmission than wearing masks.
Similarly, driving within the speed limit is much more effective for decreasing highway fatalities than avoiding texting while driving. 

Avoiding texting and wearing masks are not the most effective way to save lives, but they help.
Do you believe you can get the virus from surfaces?
I guess you are not talking about N95 masks?

Offline biobook

• View Profile
Do you believe you can get the virus from surfaces?
I guess you are not talking about N95 masks?
How do those relate to what I wrote?
To rewrite:
Masks add a little extra protection. 
Much greater protection can be had by remaining distant from other people.
Maximal protection requires adding masks to social distancing, but if one could do only one of these, just keeping away from other people would be a better choice than just wearing a mask. 
Agree?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
How do those relate to what I wrote?
Properly wearing masks will help from spreading the virus to another surface. SD will not. You can be 100 feet away and cough and contaminate a surface. Someone can then touch that surface.
Masks add a little extra protection. 
Much greater protection can be had by remaining distant from other people.
Proper masks worn properly add great protection.
Maximal protection requires adding masks to social distancing, but if one could do only one of these, just keeping away from other people would be a better choice than just wearing a mask. 
Agree?
Will have to disagree as SD is not possible in many situations. Wearing masks I would guess is possible in 90+ % of the situations.
ETA: This isn't an either or situation. You wear your seatbelt and drive safely. You can argue which would save more lives but not one over the other.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:27:27 AM by CountValentine »

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
Properly wearing masks will help from spreading the virus to another surface. SD will not. You can be 100 feet away and cough and contaminate a surface. Someone can then touch that surface.Proper masks worn properly add great protection. Will have to disagree as SD is not possible in many situations. Wearing masks I would guess is possible in 90+ % of the situations.
ETA: This isn't an either or situation. You wear your seatbelt and drive safely. You can argue which would save more lives but not one over the other.
+1
Though I agree with @biobook that strong SD is more important than mask wearing if you had to choose one (especially considering most aren’t wearing N95s and don’t know how to properly wear them, and especially outdoors)
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com