Author Topic: Will the truth come out how this administration made blunder after blunder?  (Read 101408 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Of course. What’s your point? Someone tried to defend the fact that living in the US in 2020 was much deadlier than living in, say, Singapore by pointing to Cuomo’s actions. But his policies are *not* the differentiator. The enormous spread in the US is. His actions followed those facts.

Just like in NY, there were a lot of deaths in Florida, Texas, and other places, the majority occurring in LTCFs. Singapore, Taiwan etc. had no such issue. Was it the nursing home policies or something else that explains the enormous death discrepancies?
Keep in mind that this policy was in March and April when it was after the fact from under the radar spread. We now know that it had been spreading silently for months by then but at the time did not.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Keep in mind that this policy was in March and April when it was after the fact from under the radar spread. We now know that it had been spreading silently for months by then but at the time did not.
Right, we were unsuccessful at keeping the virus at bay like other countries were. That’s the point. Cuomo is not responsible for the large discrepancy between the countries mentioned.

Related question: Is the percentage of deaths in nursing homes vs. other locations different in Florida and Texas than NY?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
Right, we were unsuccessful at keeping the virus at bay like other countries were. That’s the point. Cuomo is not responsible for the large discrepancy between the countries mentioned.

Related question: Is the percentage of deaths in nursing homes vs. other locations different in Florida and Texas than NY?
Is there any western country that was successful?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
New York Smallpox Outbreak 1947

Within three weeks of the discovery of the outbreak, the U.S. Public Health Service, in conjunction with New York City health officials, had procured vaccine and inoculated over 6,350,000 adults and children

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Denmark, Norway, Finland, Australia, New Zealand etc.

The referenced tweet literally listed countries we were compared to. Anybody who thinks the difference is Cuomo is delusional.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
The US has 3x the death rate of Canada.

Anybody who thinks the difference is Cuomo is delusional.
38k people died in NYS from Covid. At most Cuomo is responsible for 10% of US deaths. Even if you don't count them, the US has one of the highest death rates in the world.

Coumo made a horrific mistake, but it was done at the height of extreme fear and unknown conditions (because the Federal government blocked testing), and quickly rectified. The same mistake was made by ~25 other governments. Let's not forget Coumo didn't actually inhibit facilities from quarntining Covid suspected residents returned from hospitals. Trump is still promoting large congregations without masks, and Pence is skiing in Vail while shifting responsibility for vaccination to the states. Yes, the States are responsible, but the Federal gov't should be helping instead of vacationing.

I know most people here are irreparably convinced of Coumo-Bad-Trump-Good, but Coumo has done his best to help NY. Trump is playing golf and doing nothing.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• View Profile
Denmark, Norway, Finland, Australia, New Zealand etc.

The referenced tweet literally listed countries we were compared to. Anybody who thinks the difference is Cuomo is delusional.

In MARCH? I apologize if it was unclear, but that is what I was going on because that is when Coumo murdered these people. I don't think the difference is Cuomo but also don't brush his terrorism aside like you do. That is equally delusional BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
In MARCH?
I really have no idea where you’re going with this. What was wrong with what I said?

I responded to this inane comment:
https://twitter.com/drtomfrieden/status/1343632152580288513?s=21
I wonder if their governors killed as many people in nursing homes as ours did.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
38k people died in NYS from Covid. At most Cuomo is responsible for 10% of US deaths. Even if you don't count them, the US has one of the highest death rates in the world.

Coumo made a horrific mistake, but it was done at the height of extreme fear and unknown conditions (because the Federal government blocked testing), and quickly rectified. The same mistake was made by ~25 other governments. Let's not forget Coumo didn't actually inhibit facilities from quarntining Covid suspected residents returned from hospitals. Trump is still promoting large congregations without masks, and Pence is skiing in Vail while shifting responsibility for vaccination to the states. Yes, the States are responsible, but the Federal gov't should be helping instead of vacationing.

I know most people here are irreparably convinced of Coumo-Bad-Trump-Good, but Coumo has done his best to help NY. Trump is playing golf and doing nothing.
See my clarification above. It had written a response to @S209 defending Coumo by saying that we were less successful than others AT THAT TIME. That is UTTER STUPIDITY AND REVISIONIST HISTORY.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
I don't think the difference is Cuomo but also don't brush his terrorism aside like you do. That is equally delusional BY YOUR OWN STANDARDS.
Where did I brush it aside? I agree the policy was terrible and have said so multiple times. But it’s irrelevant to this conversation. I do also think it was more misguided, less evil, though he has subsequently made decisions that might be more properly labeled as evil and made me rethink my opinion of him.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
I really have no idea where you’re going with this. What was wrong with what I said?

I responded to this inane comment:
and I replied to this
Where did those people with the virus “forced” into the facilities get infected? Wuhan? What was the (flawed) reasoning behind the policy?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
and I replied to this
I wrote flawed in that comment. And I think in retrospect it was terrible. But it was irrelevant to the conversation at the time. My point was that it didn’t happen in a vacuum and was not the defining difference between the US and elsewhere and you’re nuts if you think it is.

If I don’t vocally condemn the policy each time it’s mentioned I’m “brushing it aside”? What would you like me to say?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
See my clarification above. It had written a response to @S209 defending Coumo by saying that we were less successful than others AT THAT TIME. That is UTTER STUPIDITY AND REVISIONIST HISTORY.
When did I defend his decision?! I strongly disagree with it and think it was a horrible decision. As I have stated before many times.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Let's not forget Coumo didn't actually inhibit facilities from quarntining Covid suspected residents returned from hospitals.

Wasn’t possible or reasonable to do for most nursing homes. And they were forbidden from testing incoming residents!!!!

That part is completely indefensible no matter which way you slice it.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
And no reason at all to Dan him lkaf zechus!

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
And no reason at all to Dan him lkaf zechus!

Nor to write statements such as this:

but Coumo has done his best to help NY.

I don't care what Trump was doing. But Cuomo was (and is) most certainly not doing his best to help anybody but his self image. And I'll repeat, those policies were:
completely indefensible no matter which way you slice it.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

It's hard to know because Cuomo fudged the numbers.

Cuomo wasn't the only governor to issue such an order. NJ, PA, and IL among other states had the same murderous order. Additionally, filling up hospitals with nursing home patients let to a much lower standard of care for everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:51:02 AM by avromie7 »
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.