Author Topic: מי כעמך ישראל - Post your stories here  (Read 21873 times)

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
Re: מי כעמך ישראל - Post your stories here
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
KIDDUSH HASHEM: Medtronic, the world’s largest manufacturer of medical equipment, is currently receiving large amounts of attention for its ventilator. This week, the CEO of the company's Israel division, Yaron Yitzhari, made the decision to release all of Medtronic’s patents for the production of ventilators, in order to enable any company wishing to manufacture them to use Medtronic’s blueprints, for free. Wasn’t he concerned about the potential loss of profit for his company, almost certain to run to the millions of dollars? “In the present situation, I’m proud to work at Medtronic,” he replies. “Our goal is to prolong lives – to save lives, in fact. This is what’s needed right now, in the emergency situation we’re in, and this consideration comes before everything else. These are unusual times, and they demand of us to act in unusual ways. So, when it comes to calculating the financial impact, it has negligible weight, because the main thing is saving lives, and that’s what our company knows how to do.”

Via: A7
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »
KIDDUSH HASHEM: Medtronic, the world’s largest manufacturer of medical equipment, is currently receiving large amounts of attention for its ventilator. This week, the CEO of the company's Israel division, Yaron Yitzhari, made the decision to release all of Medtronic’s patents for the production of ventilators, in order to enable any company wishing to manufacture them to use Medtronic’s blueprints, for free. Wasn’t he concerned about the potential loss of profit for his company, almost certain to run to the millions of dollars? “In the present situation, I’m proud to work at Medtronic,” he replies. “Our goal is to prolong lives – to save lives, in fact. This is what’s needed right now, in the emergency situation we’re in, and this consideration comes before everything else. These are unusual times, and they demand of us to act in unusual ways. So, when it comes to calculating the financial impact, it has negligible weight, because the main thing is saving lives, and that’s what our company knows how to do.”

Realistic time to market for someone with the manufacturing capacity and experience to start from scratch with these blueprints?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 12:22:38 PM »

Just came here to post that :)
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/278120
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/03/30/medtronic-gives-away-ventilator-design-specs-in-coronavirus-fight-ahead-of-tesla-alliance/#1f6b3c734591

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 01:38:12 PM »
Can we arrange for a mass-like button for this thread? My finger is hurting from liking every post.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 01:40:22 PM »

No idea if Israel actually deserves credit or if this is fake news, but Non-Israeli media isn't giving Israel the credit.
Seems unlikely that the CEO of the Israel division would have the ability to make a final decision like this, but perhaps he recommended it? Unclear what the actual story is.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/30/medtronic-is-sharing-its-portable-ventilator-design-specifications-and-code-for-free-to-all/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/03/30/medtronic-gives-away-ventilator-design-specs-in-coronavirus-fight-ahead-of-tesla-alliance/#2645a8fd4591
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:44:23 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 01:05:54 PM »
Personal sacrifices. From a sheitel macher.

I am doing it for my family
I am doing for my entire family
My dearest Jews all over the world .
I dont want to sit anymore and hope that some jew somewhere will bring the karban we all need so badly !!!!
Instagram is my business space
It has brought me hundreds of clients
And tons of free pr
But isnt it Hashem who gives us the parnassa
Why would I think its been my work
My Instagram -gorgeous page . Its HASHEM
The same HASHEM that took away all my business from this week and possibly next
Thousands of dollars owed to me
From clients who cant get their wigs
I owe thousands to vendors
And its sitting mid air
But hey I have the best marketing skills
I have an attractive Instagram page
With zero work to show for myself

Rabbanim ask us to sit at home and think about where this corona virus has hit us
In my own home I have a lot to work on
And Im my other home my work -this is where I shall start .
Throwing away the Instagram famous page of xxxxxxxxxn
And giving it up as a Karban to Hashem
And at this moment I am bawling my eyes out davening
That Maybe because this is the most heart wrenching gut wrenching thing for me to do that this karban is big enough to take away this virus from klall yisroel
And bring Mashiach right away !!!!
Heal those who are sick !!
Bentch those who need parnassa !!!!
Give shalom bayis to each and every home !!!
Give children to parents who are begging !!!, parents should have pure nachas from their children always ! !!!

My plea is I beg HASHEM to continue to make me succesful , to continue to have people trust me although they dont see it on Instagram .
I want customers who are loyal , customers who appreciate me . And not the hype. I hope and i am sure Hashem can do that all , because He has been all this time .
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:49:59 PM by flyingace »

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »
Personal sacrifices. From a sheitel macher.

I am doing it for my family
I am doing for my entire family
My dearest Jews all over the world .
I dont want to sit anymore and hope that some jew somewhere will bring the karban we all need so badly !!!!
Instagram is my business space
It has brought me hundreds of clients
And tons of free pr
But isnt it Hashem who gives us the parnassa
Why would I think its been my work
My Instagram -gorgeous page . Its HASHEM
The same HASHEM that took away all my business from this week and possibly next
Thousands of dollars owed to me
From clients who cant get their wigs
I owe thousands to vendors
And its sitting mid air
But hey I have the best marketing skills
I have an attractive Instagram page
With zero work to show for myself

Rabbanim ask us to sit at home and think about where this corona virus has hit us
In my own home I have a lot to work on
And Im my other home my work -this is where I shall start .
Throwing away the Instagram famous page of xxxxxxxxxn
And giving it up as a Karban to Hashem
And at this moment I am bawling my eyes out davening
That Maybe because this is the most heart wrenching gut wrenching thing for me to do that this karban is big enough to take away this virus from klall yisroel
And bring Mashiach right away !!!!
Heal those who are sick !!
Bentch those who need parnassa !!!!
Give shalom bayis to each and every home !!!
Give children to parents who are begging !!!, parents should have pure nachas from their children always ! !!!

My plea is I beg HASHEM to continue to make me succesful , to continue to have people trust me although they dont see it on Instagram .
I want customers who are loyal , customers who appreciate me . And not the hype. I hope and i am sure Hashem can do that all , because He has been all this time .
אשריך

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 10:26:22 AM »
אשריך

I think she's a tzadekes. I am in awe of her courage and I believe there are thousands like her who are trying to do cheshbon hanefesh. Like Hillel, she obligates us all.

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 10:37:19 AM »
would have been a real sacrifice 6 months ago, as opposed to now when no one is looking for shaitels anyhow
We'd love to hear your "real sacrifice".

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 10:40:59 AM »
would have been a real sacrifice 6 months ago, as opposed to now when no one is looking for shaitels anyhow

Ah, you feel that the shaitel market is dead forever?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »
Ah, you feel that the shaitel market is dead forever?
no but definitely hope that people got a little shake up from this whole thing and life will not just continue with all its grandeur once it's over, that being said I think shaitel business will not be the same

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2020, 10:56:56 AM »
no but definitely hope that people got a little shake up from this whole thing and life will not just continue with all its grandeur once it's over, that being said I think shaitel business will not be the same
So why in the world are you belittling someone who just shut down what was a MAJOR marketing vehicle of her's? Because you are speculating that this will change the whole shaitel market?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
Pipe dream
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »
Isn't this the positive thread? Sorry I even posted. Rabbi Wallerstein related a very scary story about bashing Jews. G-d does not want to hear people criticizing His children. He knows good and well what's going on.

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »
Pipe dream

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »
All the teachers who are continuing to teach remotely by zoom or through whatsapp messages for those who don't have computers/enough computers in the home for the b'h number of kids in the family.

I know of an entire school of teachers who are teaching despite still waiting for their monthly paychecks for February.

School pays at the beginning of the month for the prior month and they have not gotten their checks despite teaching in classes until the Friday after Purim.

Still these Moros are giving daily lessons with smiles on their faces for all of the children in the school.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 11:42:44 AM »

This is not the thread for this. And how can you understand what someone else is giving up without being in their place?

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
So why in the world are you belittling someone who just shut down what was a MAJOR marketing vehicle of her's? Because you are speculating that this will change the whole shaitel market?
I wish there was a dislike button just for posts like yours. The very definition of a "Letz".
This is not the thread for this. And how can you understand what someone else is giving up without being in their place?
אל תוכח לץ

Offline momo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 12:29:02 PM »
How about, we just ignore trolls, especially on this thread? Why don’t we just ignore negativity and just move along. If no one pays attention to the negative comments, people will stop posting them. Just an idea.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile